05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I had the same issue on both roms. To fix it u need to reflash the debug zip I can't remember which rom has it but one of the gb fond has it linked. Then go thru ur recovery and wipe EVERYTHING. then flash the rom. For 5 or 6 more hours out of ur battery wipe battery stats then flash the rom with a full battery and turn national data roaming on and set it to home only network and turn off the flip to mute. Using these steps I have been able to get 14-16 hours out of the battery depending on use and my GPS locks on wicked fast. I don't know if it makes a different but I also turned off mock locations.
    What is "mock locations" anyway? I have no idea but I always turn it off.
    03-08-2011 04:01 AM
    Updated Gapps in OP. Includes Market 2.3.3, Books, carhome...etc. /system gapps
    03-08-2011 07:57 AM
    If you're having GPS issues when you try wiping dalvik cache and cache. Also GPS Status on the market helps a lot. Downloads A-GPS data often for you.

Download GPS Status
    Open App
    Menu--tools---manage a-gps state
    reset.
    Then go back and download. Helps me lock a lot quicker anyway. just a suggestion.
    03-08-2011 08:03 AM
    Does anyone know why BT works on Zefie's CM7 and not this one? I thought they were based on the same thing? Am I wrong?
    03-08-2011 10:01 AM
    Do we need to wipe /data after doing this?
    03-08-2011 10:15 AM
    Next question is.. why isn't this updated on the AOSP main page? Main Page - ROMRepo
    03-08-2011 11:31 AM
    Do we need to wipe /data after doing this?
    When flashing anything I usually just wipe cache and dalvik ONLY if it's the same rom. Maybe also for something like Zefie's and aospCMod, as they are essentially the same thing. So I'd do it for themes as well.
    03-08-2011 11:44 AM
    car mode works again with the new gapps and 3/7 build.
    03-08-2011 01:02 PM
    Can i flash the new gapps over what i have now without wiping?

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    03-08-2011 01:30 PM
    I've been using this rom for a couple of days now with no major problems. That is until right now: the phone will boot to the CM7 loading screen and stay there. Any idea what is causing this?
    03-08-2011 01:55 PM
    I found this on xda. It's supposed to help with the battery drain. Anyone want to try it?
    03-08-2011 01:59 PM
    I'm having a problem with calling..
    I installed as directed, with no install problems.

When I get a call, and put the phone to my head, the screen goes black. Nothing I do will wake the screen up. If I press the sleep/power button, it ends the call, if I press the voice dialing button, it ends the call. Pressing any other button just causes the front buttons to light up while whatever button is being pressed.
    After the call ends, the screen stays black. The only way I've been able to wake the phone is to have someone call me. In which case the phone rings, but the screen stays off and I can only reject the call pushing one of the two buttons mentioned above, after that, the screen wakes up. Otherwise, I can pull the battery and allow the phone to reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this an option somewhere?
    03-08-2011 02:46 PM
    Did you read through this entire post? I had the same thing, someone said to put your whole hand over it, and remove it, and it should come back on.
    03-08-2011 02:50 PM
    I've tried that, and it's very inconsistent. Sometimes it will come back on, but most of the time I don't have luck doing said thing.

I understand how the proximity sensor works, I just didn't have this problem with the stock phone so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or something with this ROM.
    03-08-2011 03:01 PM
    i am missing the market and maps applications, where can i get these?
    03-09-2011 01:32 AM
    I'm not really sure to be honest. I've read somewhere that claims you need it turned on to tether the phones internal GPS to your computer.
    03-09-2011 01:32 AM
    Just thought i'd let everybody know.. With Google Navigation, the "Voice search" function is gone completely. If you go into the voice settings in the phone itself, it also looks like a setting is missing. Wasn't there two choices?
    03-09-2011 04:48 AM
    I am currently on zefies cm7 but there isn't much difference between that rom and this one.

I just want to say that I too have been having the blackout issue while on a call.
    Enabling "always use proximity sensor" and then powering off and powering back on (not reboot) worked for a little while then just went back to the blackouts.

What I have done to fix this issue is when I make or receive a call I open up the dialpad. Having the dialpad open while on a call has for some reason stopped the blackout issue. Hope this helps.
    03-09-2011 06:30 AM
    When flashing anything I usually just wipe cache and dalvik ONLY if it's the same rom. Maybe also for something like Zefie's and aospCMod, as they are essentially the same thing. So I'd do it for themes as well.
    Yep. Same kernel source. My understanding dalvik caches programs at first to optimize them. Which is why the boot takes longer when you wipe dalvik.

Main cache is for temp files (appsettings, etc)

wiping these gives the new or updated rom/kernel/theme a semi "fresh"start.
    03-09-2011 08:45 AM
    i am missing the market and maps applications, where can i get these?
    reflash the gapps on the OP.

or download the mdpi or universal DPI gapps on CM's official mirror
    03-09-2011 08:48 AM
    Just thought i'd let everybody know.. With Google Navigation, the "Voice search" function is gone completely. If you go into the voice settings in the phone itself, it also looks like a setting is missing. Wasn't there two choices?
    When I had this problem I had to download Google Voice Search from the market.
    Liquidplacidity likes this.
    03-09-2011 12:37 PM
    I've been using this rom for a couple of days now with no major problems. That is until right now: the phone will boot to the CM7 loading screen and stay there. Any idea what is causing this?
    I'm having the same problem. It works fine when I first flash and run it, but if I reboot or power cycle it even before installing anything, it gets stuck on that screen. I have to reflash it to get it to boot again.

It also wouldn't properly notify me when I had new mail at my GMail account, I had to manually refresh it. And the GPS notification icon never went away when I turned it off.
    Glenar likes this.
    03-09-2011 01:11 PM
    I know everyone says its the hardware and not the ROM, but I have been running Zefies CM7 for 2 weeks stable at 806, but on AOSPs I can only get to 748. why?
    03-09-2011 01:21 PM
    I know everyone says its the hardware and not the ROM, but I have been running Zefies CM7 for 2 weeks stable at 806, but on AOSPs I can only get to 748. why?
    Did you do a long benchmark?
    03-09-2011 02:05 PM
    Did you do a long benchmark?
    No....I have given up and gone back to Zefies CM7 at least for now because after it rebooted the 5th time I had a damaged sd card that nothing fixed, so I pulled out my handy nandroid backup.
    03-09-2011 02:59 PM
1,740 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD