05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Is the audio from videos fixed yet?
    06-19-2011 11:47 PM
    So AOSP has reeled me back in, lol! After trying all the other ROMS floating around the site, I just missed the Cynogen goodies and feel too much. The fact that AOSP will resume posting their downloads on other sources than ROM Manager again was the kicker.

The one thing I noticed though last night is that my WIFI randomly stopped working. I was standing right next to my wireless router and my phone still said that it was out of range. After rebooting, WIFI worked just fine. Not sure if this is a bug related to the ROM or if my phone just had a moment.
    06-20-2011 11:46 AM
    So AOSP has reeled me back in, lol! After trying all the other ROMS floating around the site, I just missed the Cynogen goodies and feel too much. The fact that AOSP will resume posting their downloads on other sources than ROM Manager again was the kicker.

The one thing I noticed though last night is that my WIFI randomly stopped working. I was standing right next to my wireless router and my phone still said that it was out of range. After rebooting, WIFI worked just fine. Not sure if this is a bug related to the ROM or if my phone just had a moment.
    Ive had this happen a couple of times. And its not just my phone bugs out on not seeing the wifi.
    Rebooting the phone always works but its weird one of the laptops on my network will do the same thing. And its normally when my phone does it. Ive just gotten in the habit of rebooting the router when it happens also just for good measure.
    06-20-2011 12:22 PM
    punkmaxx justed posted a flashable zip at xda that installs the older camera apk and libraries so that auto focus is fixed and works with barcode scanner.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the camera fix zip:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Edit: He just posted the ROM with the fix for those who want a one step install.
    Now we just have the BT, headset, and camera zoom issues (and a possible wifi bug, though it's hard to reproduce)
    This patch works good.. loaded it on my phone and focus works properly now ... Thx
    06-20-2011 02:41 PM
    punkmaxx justed posted a flashable zip at xda that installs the older camera apk and libraries so that auto focus is fixed and works with barcode scanner.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the camera fix zip:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Edit: He just posted the ROM with the fix for those who want a one step install.
    Now we just have the BT, headset, and camera zoom issues (and a possible wifi bug, though it's hard to reproduce)
    Works great. Thanks.
    06-20-2011 05:02 PM
    0601 still tells me to slide out the keyboard when I go to the first screen to sign into my Google account.

Is there a way around this?
    06-22-2011 05:40 AM
    quick question:

i have the mode enabled where i can adjust brightness by swiping across the status bar, but it doesn't seem to work. am i just missing an obvious trick here? do i need the notification bar pulled down? if so, where should i swipe?
    06-22-2011 06:19 AM
    0601 still tells me to slide out the keyboard when I go to the first screen to sign into my Google account.

Is there a way around this?
    When you're at the little android Guy touch the 4 corners of the screen like this... top left, top right, bottom right, and then bottom left. It'll skip the Google sign in and bring you to the home screen
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    06-22-2011 06:59 AM
    When you're at the little android Guy touch the 4 corners of the screen like this... top left, top right, bottom right, and then bottom left. It'll skip the Google sign in and bring you to the home screen
    Thanks. I just reinstalled 0523 so in a couple of weeks I'll try it again. I was trying to use the 0601 with the camera fix, which is my only complaint about 0523.

Your advice also helps out with getting past that to turn on the wireless for the initial setup, it goes a lot faster that way.
    06-22-2011 07:06 AM
    Or as mentioned before just skip that process and sign in later. /shrug
    06-22-2011 12:13 PM
    Or as mentioned before just skip that process and sign in later. /shrug
    That's what i always do. Just skip it and then go to the market. Then it pops up for me.
    06-22-2011 12:21 PM
    quick question:

i have the mode enabled where i can adjust brightness by swiping across the status bar, but it doesn't seem to work. am i just missing an obvious trick here? do i need the notification bar pulled down? if so, where should i swipe?
    make sure that setting it turned on first

then, put your finger on the status bar, the shade should pop down slightly, ready for you to slide it down. now move your finger slowly left or right. if you go quick it wont read it.

slowly is the way to get it to sense that your changing the brightness
    06-22-2011 01:16 PM
    Or long press anywhere on the status bar, the percentage you are from the left is the percentage it will set the brightness too.
    06-22-2011 01:27 PM
    Is MMS REALLY working with this ROM? I can't send or receive, if I get one, I get the download button, but nothing ever happens. If I try to send it just spins
    06-22-2011 03:37 PM
    Thanks. I just reinstalled 0523 so in a couple of weeks I'll try it again. I was trying to use the 0601 with the camera fix, which is my only complaint about 0523.

Your advice also helps out with getting past that to turn on the wireless for the initial setup, it goes a lot faster that way.
    There is one with a camera fix?!? WHERE!?!
    06-22-2011 04:26 PM
    There is one with a camera fix?!? WHERE!?!
    A few pages back...
    06-22-2011 04:40 PM
    Thank you for the help with the brightness guys. I was simply swiping too fast.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-22-2011 06:57 PM
    I read a post earlier that said not to flash clockworkmod recovery using the Optimus V option, but instead the Optimus 1. But I don't even see the option to pick it, even though I see Optimus V. Can I just select Optimus V?
    06-22-2011 07:50 PM
    Best bet is to not use ROM Manager to flash a recovery at this time. Download it from the OP of this thread, place it on your sdcard, then use adb or terminal emulator to flash it;

adb:
    adb remount system
    adb shell
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img

Terminal:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img
    06-22-2011 08:27 PM
    hey there, can someone help me out? i'm following this guide to install cm7 on the optimus v and I'm at the point where the phone is in recovery mode, now i need to choose the cm7 and google apps zips from my sdcard. But when ever I select either, it just gives me a lines of script and says "E: signature verification failed. Installation failed"
    06-22-2011 09:33 PM
    hey there, can someone help me out? i'm following this guide to install cm7 on the optimus v and I'm at the point where the phone is in recovery mode, now i need to choose the cm7 and google apps zips from my sdcard. But when ever I select either, it just gives me a lines of script and says "E: signature verification failed. Installation failed"
    Toggle signature verification in recovery
    06-22-2011 09:35 PM
    Toggle signature verification in recovery
    It's still saying Installation Aborted. I have Clockwork Mod 3.2.0.0 if that helps.
    06-22-2011 09:40 PM
    It's still saying Installation Aborted. I have Clockwork Mod 3.2.0.0 if that helps.
    Use xionia recovery.
    06-22-2011 10:15 PM
    Okay, how do I get out of clockwork recovery mode to use xionia? I already downloaded it on my pc. Sorry I'm such a noob
    06-22-2011 10:42 PM
    Rename xionia to vrecovery.Img.
    with terminal emulator type as shown.

Su
    Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img

And make sure the recovery is on the root of the SD, it just makes it less typing
    donchronic likes this.
    06-22-2011 11:04 PM
1,740 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD