05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    Don't worry about being a noob, we all were at one time.
    06-22-2011 11:08 PM
    Rename xionia to vrecovery.Img.
    with terminal emulator type as shown.

Su
    Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img

And make sure the recovery is on the root of the SD, it just makes it less typing
    Just FYI - No need to rename it, but renaming can help make it easier to type shorter file names
    06-22-2011 11:30 PM
    I think I messed something up. I changed the name to vrecovery.img but before I could get a chance to open terminal emulator my phone bricked I think! I have a blue screen that reads
    "Fastboot mode started
    gpio_i2c:invalid khz:0
    bl: i2c write error
    udc_start()
    --suspend --
    -- reset --

Please tell me I didn't brick my phone...
    06-23-2011 12:44 AM
    You aren't bricked, you just have a bit of work ahead of you!

Look at the bottom of the first post in this thread
    06-23-2011 01:56 AM
    Best bet is to not use ROM Manager to flash a recovery at this time. Download it from the OP of this thread, place it on your sdcard, then use adb or terminal emulator to flash it;

adb:
    adb remount system
    adb shell
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img

Terminal:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img

Ok, I hope someone can help here, I did this, and everything worked fine, but I decided that I wanted to go back to my old 2.2 backup that I had, and the new recovery didn't work, so I did this:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM.img

then reboot device

Or, TRIED too, now I can get the new recovery reimaged, and the thunder recovery is not seeing my old backups.
    06-23-2011 09:45 AM
    You don't want the second mount command, it is remounting the system ro=Read Only, you need to keep it rw=Read Write in order to flash the recovery image. When you reboot, it will automatically go back to ro, so no need for that command.

Remove this line:
    06-23-2011 10:25 AM
    Or you can just download a working recovery like xionia flash it using terminal emulator, reboot in to recovery and load backup from there.
    06-23-2011 10:30 AM
    You don't want the second mount command, it is remounting the system ro=Read Only, you need to keep it rw=Read Write in order to flash the recovery image. When you reboot, it will automatically go back to ro, so no need for that command.

Remove this line:

So I could just do this:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM.img

then reboot device
    06-23-2011 10:34 AM
    That should do it.
    06-23-2011 10:40 AM
    There is one with a camera fix?!? WHERE!?!
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ml#post1011516
    06-23-2011 10:54 AM
    Recovery is flashed on a separate partition. The system partition is changed to rw in order to write the flash_image file to it. I have always changed system back to ro after pushing the flash_image file and before flashing the recovery and never had problems with flashing recovery.
    06-23-2011 11:10 AM
    Ok, so how do you activate the phone once you are on this ROM? the ##VIRGIN# doesn't work, and neither does the activate app. I am trying to troubleshoot this MMS not working, and VMU wants me to re-activate the phone
    06-23-2011 01:31 PM
    Ok, so how do you activate the phone once you are on this ROM? the ##VIRGIN# doesn't work, and neither does the activate app. I am trying to troubleshoot this MMS not working, and VMU wants me to re-activate the phone
    The only way to get the activate app and those codes working is to go back to stock ROM or a Froyo VM ROM with the app. If your trying to fix MMS did you make sure the Virgin Mobile APNs are activated? Try download APN Manager on the market. When you open that app there should be a green icon with "APN Enabled: Virgin Mobile"

If that's not there that's whats causing the problem with MMS.
    06-23-2011 01:43 PM
    You have to flash back to a froyo rom and use the activate there then flash back to aosp.
    06-23-2011 01:43 PM
    The only way to get the activate app and those codes working is to go back to stock ROM or a Froyo VM ROM with the app. If your trying to fix MMS did you make sure the Virgin Mobile APNs are activated? Try download APN Manager on the market. When you open that app there should be a green icon with "APN Enabled: Virgin Mobile"

If that's not there that's whats causing the problem with MMS.
    It was not enabled, but I restored my old one from way back, and it is still not working, anyone have the APN file that works? it is spinning, but there is no data in or out.

I can surf just fine

Well, I found these:

Name: Virgin Mobile
    APN: Sprint
    Proxy:
    Port:
    User Name: Sprint
    Password: *
    Server: *
    MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8080/mms?
    MMS Proxy: 205.239.233.136
    MMS Port: 81
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 490
    APN Type:

My MCC, and MNC were not this, they were:

MCC: 310
    MNC: 00

but I added these, and it seemed to send, but I never received it.

**EDIT** this works now.........
    06-23-2011 01:57 PM
    Okay I'm back with one more problem...I'm still trying to use Xionia, I just rerooted my phone and now I'm in Terminal Emulator. I typed in adb shell, but before I could type in su to continue flashing the recovery, it said "adb: permission denied." Thanks in advance, again lol
    06-23-2011 05:32 PM
    what rom are you using? the 6/01 build has MMS working perfectly. ive been running it since it came out. i send and receive a couple pics a day.

try flashing your rom again from scratch, maybe some tiny little thing got messed up. who knows.

it DOES work, so clearly somethings wrong and virgin mobile wont troubleshoot a custom ROM for you. gotta know what your getting into when you flash, man
    06-23-2011 05:35 PM
    Okay I'm back with one more problem...I'm still trying to use Xionia, I just rerooted my phone and now I'm in Terminal Emulator. I typed in adb shell, but before I could type in su to continue flashing the recovery, it said "adb: permission denied." Thanks in advance, again lol
    adb shell in terminal emulator - Google Search

adb shell is only used when connected to a PC with the android SDK installed.

on terminal emulator you do NOT need to type adb shell. just su, then your commands
    06-23-2011 05:37 PM
    can anybody somewhat confirm that xionia brings better batterylife to do this?
    06-23-2011 05:51 PM
    I just rebooted after installing gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and aospCMod-VM670-20110601-CAMFIX.zip on Xionia, and now my phone is stuck on the Android logo. It's not flashing across the letters, it's just stuck there.
    06-23-2011 06:24 PM
    I installed ROM Manager and started following the steps from aosp's website. However, when I got to the part that said to select "LG Optimus One", I couldn't find it. There was an option for "LG Optimus V", so I selected that one, but AOSP isn't showing up in the downloadable ROMs.

Thoughts?
    06-23-2011 09:05 PM
    I've tried using this AOSP Rom a few times, and I always find that after a week or so with regular use, it becomes incredibly slow and laggy, and I always end up flashing back to a 2.2 rom. It's quite annoying, and I have no idea what's causing it.
    06-23-2011 09:35 PM
    I've tried using this AOSP Rom a few times, and I always find that after a week or so with regular use, it becomes incredibly slow and laggy, and I always end up flashing back to a 2.2 rom. It's quite annoying, and I have no idea what's causing it.

Download cashemate, i think the laggyness is due to cashe buildup slowing down the phone, cashematd can be automatically set to clear cashe daily
    06-23-2011 09:58 PM
    I installed ROM Manager and started following the steps from aosp's website. However, when I got to the part that said to select "LG Optimus One", I couldn't find it. There was an option for "LG Optimus V", so I selected that one, but AOSP isn't showing up in the downloadable ROMs.

Thoughts?
    ROM Manager only shows the LG Optimus One option if you are already using aospCM7, stupid I know, but that is why just about everyone in this thread will tell you not to use ROM Manager till the manifest issues are fixed.

The direct link to the aospCMod ROM has been posted many times over the past few weeks, just go back a few pages in the thread and you will find it.
    06-23-2011 11:43 PM
    Is anyone else having issues on the 6/1? I updated from 5/23 to fix the MMS issue (Which now works) but it seems my wifi is now broken, i have tried re-flashing but to no avail. The wifi connects to my network and attempts to get an IP address but it seems to fail as it goes back and tries connecting again and getting IP again and it just keeps doing this over and over again. Does anyone else have this problem on 6/1?
    06-24-2011 01:02 AM
1,740 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD