05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    Is anyone else having issues on the 6/1? I updated from 5/23 to fix the MMS issue (Which now works) but it seems my wifi is now broken, i have tried re-flashing but to no avail. The wifi connects to my network and attempts to get an IP address but it seems to fail as it goes back and tries connecting again and getting IP again and it just keeps doing this over and over again. Does anyone else have this problem on 6/1?
    There have been other reports of issues with wifi, though I cannot reproduce the bug.

How is your wifi setup? Channel support, encryption type, broadcast ssid, etc?
    06-24-2011 02:32 AM
    I have no idea on channel support but it has WEP encryption and it is broadcasting the SSID, this is the first time i have installed a ROM through ROM manager but I'm not sure that could be causing it, i have not had this problem with any previous versions and my Wi-Fi settings have not changed at all since i have purchased this phone. Also i used mybackup for root users, not sure if it is possible that i could have brought back some wi-fi settings from the old version that are messing with the new version? This is also the first time i have used mybackup instead of Titanium.
    06-24-2011 03:46 AM
    If you restored system data with your backups, you probably did mess up the wifi. When restoring backups to a new ROM, never restore system apps or system data, that is what the new ROM is installing.
    06-24-2011 04:55 AM
    The main reason i had everything backed up was because of the contacts, when i install the ROM can i not bring anything that has to do with the system back (contacts) or can i restore certain things?
    06-24-2011 05:34 AM
    The main reason i had everything backed up was because of the contacts, when i install the ROM can i not bring anything that has to do with the system back (contacts) or can i restore certain things?
    Your contacts come back when you sign in and sync to google
    06-24-2011 09:23 AM
    I have had problems with the google contacts thing, its why i dont use it.
    06-24-2011 02:46 PM
    You can also back up your contacts by going into contacts, press menu, select import/export, select export to sdcard. This will create a file on the root directory of your sdcard called 00001.vcf. To restore contacts first make sure the 00001.vcf file is on the root directory of your sdcard. Then go into contacts, press menu, select import/export, then select import from sdcard. And presto your contacts are back. I think you can also rename the file anything you want has long has it has .vcf at the end of the name. I usually name mine Contacts.vcf.
    06-24-2011 10:47 PM
    You can also back up your contacts by going into contacts, press menu, select import/export, select export to sdcard. This will create a file on the root directory of your sdcard called 00001.vcf. To restore contacts first make sure the 00001.vcf file is on the root directory of your sdcard. Then go into contacts, press menu, select import/export, then select import from sdcard. And presto your contacts are back. I think you can also rename the file anything you want has long has it has .vcf at the end of the name. I usually name mine Contacts.vcf.
    Yeah, i just saw that and i decided to export before i re-flashed. Thanks for all the help guys.
    06-25-2011 12:44 AM
    Been skimming through a lot of these 154 pages but can't find my answer....

I have the 0523 version and my MMS isn't working. What do I do? Or is there a direct link (I don't want to go thru Rom Manager) for a newer (aka if only better) version. Thanks.
    06-25-2011 12:50 AM

I have the 0523 version and my MMS isn't working. What do I do? Or is there a direct link (I don't want to go thru Rom Manager) for a newer (aka if only better) version. Thanks.
    Best bet when searching for the newest build is to search backwards through the thread. In the past 7 pages, there are 3 links. Here's one more for those having trouble finding it:

http://romshare.clockworkmod.com/322...601-signed.zip
    checcles likes this.
    06-25-2011 12:58 AM

I just posted on the last page that i had 5/23 and my MMS wasent working, i also posted that the 6/1 build fixed it for me. The last 3 builds have been Rom Manager only as far as i know. (Correct me if im wrong)

Edit: Just saw the link, but is AOSP releasing direct links or are those downloads that other people upload once they get it off Rom Manager?
    06-25-2011 03:17 AM
    The link I posted is the link ROM Manager uses, it's the same directory structure as your /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups directory has, with deployfu redirected to clockworkmod (probably based on how/when the dev added the section). Unfortunately, the comments in the threads about this ROM became so heated over ROM Manager that simple info like this got lost in the mix. I accept blame for this, and try to help out with info about how to access the files without getting people upset again.

@aosp has stated that he will provide a mirror for future builds.
    06-25-2011 03:31 AM
    Can't wait for an update. I love AOSP but 06/01 has horrific battery life
    06-25-2011 11:36 PM
    Can't wait for an update. I love AOSP but 06/01 has horrific battery life
    Have you tried tracking down what is draining your battery? I get close to 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage, so long as I don't keep 3g on in poor signal areas (like my home )
    06-25-2011 11:47 PM
    I just reflashed and I'll try to see if it rapes my battery like it used to tomorrow
    06-26-2011 05:11 AM
    Have you tried tracking down what is draining your battery? I get close to 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage, so long as I don't keep 3g on in poor signal areas (like my home )
    Battery life isn't that bad Idk why people keep saying it is lol
    06-26-2011 06:41 AM
    Yeah, I have 3G on all the time. It's WiFi that I shut off, or GPS and Bluetooth. After updating to this rom from stock I've actually experienced an extended battery life. I was at work the other night and battery was at 43% and was worried that it wouldn't be enough, but I proceeded to listen to mp3s on it for 3 hours and it didn't even die.

Probably just depends on what apps you have installed, live wallpapers, clock speed, etc. Lately I've been clocked at 730 with the min set at 600. (I don't like the "catch-up" it has to do sometimes when you unlock the phone) I've also got Twitter installed which checks every... 10 mins I think? And I'm synced with my Gmail.

Hold on.... how long does it last exactly? Some people expect a lot more out of these things than is realistic.
    06-27-2011 12:55 AM
    I get right around 24 hours, 18-20 if I play games or netflix for more than an hour.
    06-27-2011 01:05 AM
    Well I wake up in the morning at 10:30 and unplug my phone. I take it to work, text half the day lol, check my tapatalk a few times, browse the web, leave wifi on at all times. When I go to lunch I'm using it nearly the whole hour. When I get home I'm always using it. And right now at 12:09am I'm at 27%. I'd say I get pretty good battery life.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk
    06-27-2011 01:10 AM
    Sorry for posting twice, hot the wrong button. I guess I should say I'm still on the 2.3.3 build from may. I keep looking into updating, but see a ton of error reports, and so far my build works just fine, so I'll keep it.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk
    06-27-2011 01:11 AM
    Anyway we could get a twitter feed for this ROM instead of one with continuous unrelated spam? Thanks
    06-27-2011 09:51 AM
    Anyway we could get a twitter feed for this ROM instead of one with continuous unrelated spam? Thanks
    Continuous? There are only a few tweets not directly related to this and the hero ROM. It's his account and ROM, so he can tweet about things however he wants. If you don't like the recent contest tweets, maybe you can donate an HTC Sensation, it would all be for the cause!

The last tweet is a good read.
    06-27-2011 10:03 AM
    I get right around 24 hours, 18-20 if I play games or netflix for more than an hour.
    Does Netflix work with this rom without having to edit the build.prop? Or do I have to do what they say to do here? And also, if I do have to do that, does it mess up the market? I've heard from a couple of places that it will mess up other apps that you download from the market if you edit the build.prop. Someone really needs to post a tut...
    06-27-2011 12:39 PM
    Does Netflix work with this rom without having to edit the build.prop? Or do I have to do what they say to do here? And also, if I do have to do that, does it mess up the market? I've heard from a couple of places that it will mess up other apps that you download from the market if you edit the build.prop. Someone really needs to post a tut...
    There's a thread on xda with a modified netflix app. Google search xda netflix apk.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    06-27-2011 03:07 PM
    There's a thread on xda with a modified netflix app. Google search xda netflix apk.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    Will it work on the stock VM ROM?

Edit: Just tried it, installed it, it works, and I can watch things, but the colors are all messed up. Any ideas?
    06-27-2011 03:52 PM
1,740 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD