05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    when the netflix app is updated, the apk is usually posted on the xda thread. keep it bookmarked, netflix updates fairly regularly.

little more of a hassle but better then changing build.prop. just delete old netflix and install new one.

i had problems with it on the froyo roms, but it works beautifully on aospCMod7
    06-27-2011 03:02 PM
    Yeah, I'm flashing over CM7 now, just making updated backups... I switched back to froyo after the camera bug started to annoy me. now that the camera works, I'll try it again!
    06-27-2011 04:37 PM
    Will it work on the stock VM ROM?

Edit: Just tried it, installed it, it works, and I can watch things, but the colors are all messed up. Any ideas?
    Just wondering by any chance are most of those colors green? Sometimes streaming video colors turn dark green for me when the network connection is slow.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    06-27-2011 04:53 PM
    No, I don't think they were green, it just seemed like the colors were... off. Like there would be right colors, but then other colors in wrong places. It was odd. Works fine on CM7 now though, but the camera still doesn't! I thought it was supposed to be fixed in 0601!
    06-27-2011 07:01 PM
    The camera fix is posted in the thread at xda. I.think its been posted on this thread to, search the threads for camera fix. Its a zip you flash in recovery after flashing the ROM
    06-27-2011 07:18 PM
    The camera fix is posted in the thread at xda. I.think its been posted on this thread to, search the threads for camera fix. Its a zip you flash in recovery after flashing the ROM
    its not fixed either. its just the best one we have at the moment.
    06-27-2011 07:26 PM
    I also have horrible battery life :/
    My phone has been off its charger for 4 Hrs & 23 mins and its at 28%.

Its horrible xD

Since its been off the charger, 3g is off, Wifi on, Bluetooth off & GPS off. The last two are always off unless its needed. So yeah, idk whats going on. I know my TWS is always extremely high, but i almost always have signal.
    Id really like suggestions on what to do, or what could be the problem? Maybe a Battery Hungry app.

Oh and no, i dont need to get a new battery, i already checked it several times on different OV's.
    06-28-2011 12:49 PM
    I also have horrible battery life :/
    My phone has been off its charger for 4 Hrs & 23 mins and its at 28%.

Its horrible xD

Since its been off the charger, 3g is off, Wifi on, Bluetooth off & GPS off. The last two are always off unless its needed. So yeah, idk whats going on. I know my TWS is always extremely high, but i almost always have signal.
    Id really like suggestions on what to do, or what could be the problem? Maybe a Battery Hungry app.

Oh and no, i dont need to get a new battery, i already checked it several times on different OV's.
    Check for running apps, and turn off those that you don't need running in the background.

Look at settings>about phone>battery status then click on the battery graph and look at the color of the greenish bar under it. The darker green the better, the more yellow-brownish the worse for your battery. A prl swap helped me with battery drain issues due to poor reception at home (but it didn't increase speeds), tower hopping can be a huge power drain.

Set your screen timeout to 30 secs or less, and your screen turn off to immediately.

Be sure widgets don't update too often, do you really need to know the exact temperature every 5 minutes? And don't let your accounts sync too often, better to tap on the email or sms icon when you have a moment to check them than to have them syncing constantly even when you don't have time to read them.

Of course, keep your screen brightness as dim as possible, this holds true on any phone.

WiFi definitely drains the battery more than 3g, but poor phone signal is the single biggest battery issue for me. Set your wifi supplicant scan interval to 300 or higher (I use 500), this means it will only scan once every 300 seconds or whatever you set it to. The only issue this may cause is automatically finding wifi networks, it could take as much as 2-3x as long to locate the wifi network automatically. Depending on your sync needs, you may want to set wifi to turn off when the screen turns off as well (I believe that's the default setting, under wifi settings, press menu key then advanced). No issues when turning wifi on/off manually.

Read mmarz's tweaks thread for more battery saving tricks.
    06-28-2011 01:15 PM
    Check for running apps, and turn off those that you don't need running in the background.

Look at settings>about phone>battery status then click on the battery graph and look at the color of the greenish bar under it. The darker green the better, the more yellow-brownish the worse for your battery. A prl swap helped me with battery drain issues due to poor reception at home (but it didn't increase speeds), tower hopping can be a huge power drain.

Set your screen timeout to 30 secs or less, and your screen turn off to immediately.

Be sure widgets don't update too often, do you really need to know the exact temperature every 5 minutes? And don't let your accounts sync too often, better to tap on the email or sms icon when you have a moment to check them than to have them syncing constantly even when you don't have time to read them.

Of course, keep your screen brightness as dim as possible, this holds true on any phone.

WiFi definitely drains the battery more than 3g, but poor phone signal is the single biggest battery issue for me. Set your wifi supplicant scan interval to 300 or higher (I use 500), this means it will only scan once every 300 seconds or whatever you set it to. The only issue this may cause is automatically finding wifi networks, it could take as much as 2-3x as long to locate the wifi network automatically. Depending on your sync needs, you may want to set wifi to turn off when the screen turns off as well (I believe that's the default setting, under wifi settings, press menu key then advanced). No issues when turning wifi on/off manually.

Read mmarz's tweaks thread for more battery saving tricks.
    I always turn off running apps, google apps the ones they have to be consistently turned off

My battery is green, and what is a prl swap?

My screen timeout and all that is always on the lowest possible option, plus im obsessed with locking my phone, so the screen is always off xD

Well my sync is ALWAYS off & i dont have my email set up, only my Gmail of course. And one widget refreshes every hr or 2, i cant remember.

And yeah, my dim is on 0 lol. Screen brightness kills the battery on every phone, so true.
    I believe Wifi is a major killer for me, but not the biggest. I manually turn it om/off only for work. I only use Wifi for the 6 hrs im at work. Besides that, i dont use it.

I just dont get it, theres something wrong.
    06-28-2011 05:33 PM
    You may be turning off apps you don't need to. It takes experimentation to figure out which ones to leave on for your setup.

I always have running in the background:
    SwipePad
    ScoreMobile
    DSPManager
    News & Weather
    Google Services
    FlexT9 Text Input

Sometimes I have Mapps or the Market running, and I let them do their thing. Shutting them down means they have to restart at some point to finish what they were doing, so you are using battery power during multiple startups of the software in order to get the same results.
    06-28-2011 06:05 PM
    Is there a TWS bug on here? I am swapping back and forth from AsopCMod and Bumblebee. My TWS on bumblebee is only 0% to 2% but on AsopCMod its at 73% after a few hours. I also checked my wife's stock OV and hers wasnt high.
    06-28-2011 06:26 PM
    Is there a TWS bug on here? I am swapping back and forth from AsopCMod and Bumblebee. My TWS on bumblebee is only 0% to 2% but on AsopCMod its at 73% after a few hours. I also checked my wife's stock OV and hers wasnt high.
    The TWS bug is when you always have exactly 50% Time Without Service. The radio is not affected by either ROM, other than through settings you can adjust (3g on/off, 3g/2g, etc).
    06-28-2011 06:29 PM
    Wow, never thought of it like that.
    Well Dsp Manager is always on and Google Services, but i do close Maps, GV & the Market alot.

and something is definitely wrong with TWS. When i started typing this, it was at 91%. Now its at 83. It always extremely high.
    06-28-2011 06:36 PM
    Wow, never thought of it like that.
    Well Dsp Manager is always on and Google Services, but i do close Maps, GV & the Market alot.

and something is definitely wrong with TWS. When i started typing this, it was at 91%. Now its at 83. It always extremely high.
    Take a screenshot of your battery graph once it gets to below 30% and post it, then click on the battery graph and take a screenshot of the next page that loads up. Post those pics and we can start to track down your drainer(s).
    06-28-2011 06:40 PM
    The TWS bug is when you always have exactly 50% Time Without Service. The radio is not affected by either ROM, other than through settings you can adjust (3g on/off, 3g/2g, etc).
    Strange that the TWS would be so high when my wife's phone had a lower TWS. The magnitude of settings is amazing.

How do I get themes?
    06-28-2011 06:47 PM
    I notice when my battery gets below 30 percent, it rapidly drops. it gets calibrated every 2 weeks.

last night in the theatre i put it on airplane mode and silent and it was already at 30%. checked it in a few minutes and it was at 9, then again a few moments later and it was off.

very strange, it was hot too. does this every time it gets under 30, 3G on or off, wifi on or off apps or no apps
    06-28-2011 07:02 PM
    Strange that the TWS would be so high when my wife's phone had a lower TWS. The magnitude of settings is amazing.

How do I get themes?
    The TWS is beyond me, some of the devs can probably give you more info.

For themes, I prefer to make my own with UOT Kitchen
    06-28-2011 11:03 PM
    06-29-2011 09:50 AM
    Using this ROM has increased my standby battery life dramatically. I love it.
    06-29-2011 11:00 AM
    That tweet looks like an ETA! Not complaining but its been almost a whole month without any new builds.

Will ROM Manager still be a download option after all the issues?

06-29-2011 11:38 AM
    That tweet looks like an ETA! Not complaining but its been almost a whole month without any new builds.

Will ROM Manager still be a download option after all the issues?

There have been conferences, it's summer time, even devs deserve a vacation
    06-29-2011 12:33 PM
    How do I use the USB Tether? The RomRepo Wiki says it works. I can't find it in the phone.
    06-30-2011 02:13 AM
    Re: battery life, one day last week I forgot to charge my phone overnight, and the battery ended up lasting around 40 hours with light to moderate use (texting throughout the day, a phone call, I think a YouTube video, checking Facebook--stuff like that). I have Gmail and Facebook sync on; I constantly have the Google Voice, Plug-in Launcher, Sipdroid, and Light Flow services running; and I put my phone in airplane mode with wi-fi on at night (wi-fi remains ON the whole time--still checks for push notifications and Sipdroid calls when the phone's asleep). I'm running 20110531.

If you guys are having serious issues with battery, my guess is that either you live in an area with very poor signal or tower-hopping, or an app is the culprit. AospCM battery life is a little worse than stock, but not enough to call it "awful," "horrible," "abysmal," or the other adjectives I've heard.
    06-30-2011 11:03 AM
    Re: battery life, one day last week I forgot to charge my phone overnight, and the battery ended up lasting around 40 hours with light to moderate use (texting throughout the day, a phone call, I think a YouTube video, checking Facebook--stuff like that). I have Gmail and Facebook sync on; I constantly have the Google Voice, Plug-in Launcher, Sipdroid, and Light Flow services running; and I put my phone in airplane mode with wi-fi on at night (wi-fi remains ON the whole time--still checks for push notifications and Sipdroid calls when the phone's asleep). I'm running 20110531.

If you guys are having serious issues with battery, my guess is that either you live in an area with very poor signal or tower-hopping, or an app is the culprit. AospCM battery life is a little worse than stock, but not enough to call it "awful," "horrible," "abysmal," or the other adjectives I've heard.

Agreed, I do the same thing when I am at home, and mine lasts about that as well.
    06-30-2011 11:38 AM
    Applying mmarz's tweaks, turning off wifi when not in use and setting wifi sleep policy to when screen is off, and watching for apps that run in the background are how I get decent battery life.

A note about apps running in the background. You don't want to kill everything. In fact, you don't want to kill any system apps or google apps (some may disagree about gapps). When you do kill them, they will at some point start back up to do what they were doing. Having to restart and possibly do everything over the app had been part way through doing when you stopped it is naturally a battery drain. I always have running:

WeatherBug Elite
    SwipePad
    ScoreMobile
    DSPManager
    News & Weather
    Google Services
    FlexT9 Keyboard

And often Google Maps

I have set each of those widgets to update less frequently than default. If I see battery drain above 5%/hour with moderate to light usage, I check running apps and track down what's going on.

Things I do kill are for example OpenSignal, which I use sometimes to see what tower I'm connected to, but I don't want it running all the time. Ebay, which I like to use when shopping, but I don't need it running when I'm not using it. Some music apps, why should they be running anytime other than when I'm using them? These I kill, I leave all others alone unless I notice an issue with them.

I put a fresh battery in yesterday (I use those cheap ebay batteries), here's my usage at almost a full day:
    (notice the fastest drops are when wifi is on)
    06-30-2011 12:27 PM
1,740 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD