05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 56789 ...
tools
    reflash the gapps on the OP.

or download the mdpi or universal DPI gapps on CM's official mirror
    reflashed gapps and i now have the google apps heheh, thx.
    03-09-2011 05:57 PM
    So I was a Noob to the Optimus V as well as Android itself. But just in case someone was having problems gettn a str8 easy to follow run down on getting this going here you go...

1.ROOT OPTIMUS V

2.dOWNLOAD " *ROM TOOLS"
    *IN ROM TOOLS FOLDED

*DELETE RECOVERY.IMG REPLACE WITH CLOCKWORK FILE

*RENAME CLOCKWORK FILE TO " VRECOVERY.IMG "

*RUN ROM TOOLS AND SELECT FLASH RECOVERY TO PHONE

*CHOOSE THE OPTION OBTAIN ROOT AND FLASH

3.PUT THE MOD ON YOUR SD CARD

*BOOT INTO RECOVERY

YOU NOW HAVE THE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY DELETE THE CAP AND DATA

4. FLASH ROM.ZIP TO PHONE

5. REBOOT AND WHALAH!

This Rom is awesome by the way! Big Ups to the Creator!!
    03-10-2011 12:52 PM
    FYI I had no idea that OV came with an unlocked bootloader/fastboot.

You can use fastboot to wipe/flash roms. It's quick and is a nice safety net if your recovery fails (for whatever reason).

More Info

To access fastboot reboot bootloader. You'll see a blue screen. Connect to a computer and you wipe/flash a new rom very fast/easy.
    03-10-2011 02:56 PM
    Did anyone else see a Quadrant drop from the 03/06 release to 03/07? I run my phone at 748mhz and my scores were regularly 950 or so, now I'm consistently seeing 790. Also noticing some slowness in games that I didn't see previously.
    03-11-2011 06:43 PM
    So I was a Noob to the Optimus V as well as Android itself. But just in case someone was having problems gettn a str8 easy to follow run down on getting this going here you go...

1.ROOT OPTIMUS V

2.dOWNLOAD " *ROM TOOLS"
    *IN ROM TOOLS FOLDED

*DELETE RECOVERY.IMG REPLACE WITH CLOCKWORK FILE

*RENAME CLOCKWORK FILE TO " VRECOVERY.IMG "

*RUN ROM TOOLS AND SELECT FLASH RECOVERY TO PHONE

*CHOOSE THE OPTION OBTAIN ROOT AND FLASH

3.PUT THE MOD ON YOUR SD CARD

*BOOT INTO RECOVERY

YOU NOW HAVE THE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY DELETE THE CAP AND DATA

4. FLASH ROM.ZIP TO PHONE

5. REBOOT AND WHALAH!

This Rom is awesome by the way! Big Ups to the Creator!!

Was the "VRECOVERY.IMG" a typo? should it be just"RECOVERY.IMG"?

Also put what 'MOD' on my SD card?

Which ROM did you use, 'aospCMod-OV-20110307-signed.zip' or 'gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip'?

Sorry I'm a total NOOB on this tried getting clockwork for like 3 hours still no luck

Any help would much much appreciated
    03-12-2011 05:28 PM
    How to flash the Clockwork Recovery Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery - ROMRepo
    03-12-2011 05:40 PM
    How to flash the Clockwork Recovery Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery - ROMRepo
    I booted the phone into recovery from 'ROMtools', but I don't know how to open the command prompt to the Android SDK directory.

I've placed the recovery on root but when it's in recovery it doesn't seem as though my computer recognizes it in the CMD prompt.
    03-12-2011 06:04 PM
    rom works great
    03-12-2011 08:17 PM
    I downloaded once more thus rom since I had read that the battery efficiency had increased. Nevertheless I notice that its the same if not worse than the last time. The first night over 4 hours of idle the battery dropped 40%. Time without a signal its 0. Cell standby is 50%. I really love CM 7. I would also like to mention that all of my connections except for 3g are turned off and all settings are changed to conservative. Some of you say that your battery is great, please share with me this secret.
    03-13-2011 12:14 PM
    The battery hasn't yet increased. its still worse. They is two option to increase the battery life....One is to put the phone in Airplane mode when not in use. That's what i do. Second is to dial *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Note its only a work around to fix cell radio bug . And you only going to get 1x instead of 3G... when you choose second option
    03-13-2011 03:18 PM
    The battery hasn't yet increased. its still worse. They is two option to increase the battery life....One is to put the phone in Airplane mode when not in use. That's what i do. Second is to dial *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Note its only a work around to fix cell radio bug . And you only going to get 1x instead of 3G... when you choose second option
    Lol you copied and pasted from my post. I tried to make an app to do it for you but can't figure out how to scroll through the menus.
    03-13-2011 06:44 PM
    Lol you copied and pasted from my post. I tried to make an app to do it for you but can't figure out how to scroll through the menus.
    some of it cause i didnt fell like typing the entire steps... so its not all copy paste...lol.... i was going through this thread and i saw that question so i was just helping a brother out..
    03-13-2011 07:12 PM
    some of it cause i didnt fell like typing the entire steps... so its not all copy paste...lol.... i was going through this thread and i saw that question so i was just helping a brother out..
    Yup, it's fine. lol.
    03-13-2011 08:20 PM
    You guys really use ROM tools? O don't trust anything but my commands and ADB. Been using for over 3-4 years. Best way. Lol

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    03-13-2011 10:57 PM
    Hate to sound like a noob, but I don't have time to read through every post. Has anyone figured anything out yet on the incoming mms bug. I wanna try this rom, but I get a lot of pic messages so I need my mms.
    03-14-2011 02:16 AM
    Hate to sound like a noob, but I don't have time to read through every post. Has anyone figured anything out yet on the incoming mms bug. I wanna try this rom, but I get a lot of pic messages so I need my mms.
    No.
    03-14-2011 05:34 AM
    wow this rom kills batt life quick, i've recalibrated twice and phone still dies in about 8 hours when not being used.
    03-14-2011 05:50 AM
    wow this rom kills batt life quick, i've recalibrated twice and phone still dies in about 8 hours when not being used.
    Maybe you have a bad battery. When i leave it unplugged overnight it usually goes down by like 10-20%

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    03-14-2011 03:06 PM
    I was concerned about battery life while reading this thread. I bit the bullet and upgraded anyway and I must say, I see no change in battery life.
    03-15-2011 12:51 AM
    I booted the phone into recovery from 'ROMtools', but I don't know how to open the command prompt to the Android SDK directory.

I've placed the recovery on root but when it's in recovery it doesn't seem as though my computer recognizes it in the CMD prompt.
    My guess is ROMTools just does adb commands for you. You probably need to show it where the adb tool is. You can get this either by downloading the android SDK. Or you can just download the adb/dependencies from CyanogenMod's official mirror...Index of /tools/

Just download adb.zip for windows or linux, unzip and point romtools to that dir.
    03-15-2011 12:37 PM
    My guess is ROMTools just does adb commands for you. You probably need to show it where the adb tool is. You can get this either by downloading the android SDK. Or you can just download the adb/dependencies from CyanogenMod's official mirror...Index of /tools/

Just download adb.zip for windows or linux, unzip and point romtools to that dir.
    Android SDK/Adb
    If you find some free time read up there. Its all pretty simple commands once you go through it a few times. It's good stuff to know.
    03-15-2011 12:40 PM
    My battery dies quickly as well. I've calibrated and all and still my battery dies. Maybe my cell signal is weak, even overnight on wifi. But froyo roms yield better (a lot better) battery stamina.
    03-16-2011 12:42 AM
    this is the best rom ever once its complete and MMS is up and working god will decend from the sky to blow Aosp for creating one hell of a rom
    03-16-2011 02:45 AM
    My battery dies quickly as well. I've calibrated and all and still my battery dies. Maybe my cell signal is weak, even overnight on wifi. But froyo roms yield better (a lot better) battery stamina.
    a temp fix for this is when ever ur not using data turn it off i do and my battery will last upwards of 10hrs+ on medium use 6-7 on heavy use

and on froyo i yeild the same results stop background apps from running and turn off anything your not using its the same concept as conserving power in your house if ur not using it turn it off and it will help
    03-16-2011 02:51 AM
    this is the best rom ever once its complete and MMS is up and working god will decend from the sky to blow Aosp for creating one hell of a rom
    Really? You had to go there?
    03-16-2011 03:20 AM
1,740 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD