05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I think I found a solution to the MMS problem. GO SMS in the Market lets you manually input the MMS settings. I found the configuration for VM in res/xml/hidden_settings.xml in the stock ROM's Mms.apk. To configure MMS, perform the following steps: Disable notifications in the default messaging app. Launch GO SMS, go to Settings, MMS Related, and check Fill APN configuration manually. Enter the follow configuration:

MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com
    MMS PROXY: 205.239.233.136
    MMS PORT: 8088

Let me know if this works. I'll test this later on when I have time to flash this ROM.
    03-16-2011 09:03 AM
    I think I found a solution to the MMS problem. GO SMS in the Market lets you manually input the MMS settings. I found the configuration for VM in res/xml/hidden_settings.xml in the stock ROM's Mms.apk. To configure MMS, perform the following steps: Disable notifications in the default messaging app. Launch GO SMS, go to Settings, MMS Related, and check Fill APN configuration manually. Enter the follow configuration:

Let me know if this works. I'll test this later on when I have time to flash this ROM.
    THAT will be awesome if that works!!! I am not running the rom right now, so I can't test it.
    03-16-2011 09:10 AM

Testing right now.
    03-16-2011 09:20 AM
    Please god let it be the solution

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-16-2011 09:39 AM
    Doesn't work. Only sending them work. Still shows up as 99999999 in go sms.
    03-16-2011 09:45 AM
    Darn it!!!
    03-16-2011 09:46 AM
    Does the Samsung intercept also use the weird mms system?
    Maybe we could change the mms user agent to intercept or blackberry and receive a nice standard mms

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-16-2011 09:55 AM
    I'll actually try to figure out a way when I get home. It's probably something really stupid that none of us are seeing.lol
    03-16-2011 09:57 AM
    I'll actually try to figure out a way when I get home. It's probably something really stupid that none of us are seeing.lol
    Can't we just take the MMS.apk from the stock rom, and use it? I don't know anything about this, so I am just asking
    03-16-2011 10:25 AM
    Can't we just take the MMS.apk from the stock rom, and use it? I don't know anything about this, so I am just asking
    Nope. I already tried doing that. It didn't seem to do anything at all actually. ill try looking through the framework and see if I can find anything.
    03-16-2011 10:29 AM
    Does anyone know when the next update for this rom will be?
    03-16-2011 11:29 AM
    Does anyone know when the next update for this rom will be?
    Yes, the author said he'll release it right before midnight on 03/31/2011.
    03-16-2011 11:39 AM
    Great ROM, thanks to the team that put this package together!

I do get an occaisional freeze, but it may be due to overclocking (just over 800). Otherwise everything seems smooth.

Apps appear more frequently in AppKiller listings, not sure yet if I need to change a sync setting or something.

Thanks again, looking forward to future goodies!
    03-16-2011 01:37 PM
    The Intercept, or really any VM phone, has the same issue. VM has special code in the frameworks that decode the odd MMS format. The only way to get incoming working on a non-VM based rom would be to port the code over to CyanogenMod source. This is a lot of work, but it does sound like people are working on it.
    03-16-2011 03:21 PM
    The Intercept, or really any VM phone, has the same issue. VM has special code in the frameworks that decode the odd MMS format. The only way to get incoming working on a non-VM based rom would be to port the code over to CyanogenMod source. This is a lot of work, but it does sound like people are working on it.
    That's what I feared. All part of being on a MVNO I guess..
    We should get the emails to some lg devs and coax them into some cooperation haha
    03-16-2011 03:30 PM
    Fantastic. I really love this rom, especially with dat2ext enabled.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    03-17-2011 08:58 AM
    The proximity issue while on a call was driving me nuts, and I almost went back to stock...then I found this.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...ghtly-135.html

This seemed to fixed my proximity issue, and thought I would pass it along

Hope it works for everyone else.
    03-17-2011 09:31 AM
    Fantastic. I really love this rom, especially with dat2ext enabled.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    You may want to mark that day down on the calendar.
    03-17-2011 09:40 AM
    The proximity issue while on a call was driving me nuts, and I almost went back to stock...then I found this.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...ghtly-135.html

This seemed to fixed my proximity issue, and thought I would pass it along

Hope it works for everyone else.
    And for us that don't know how to edit the build.prop file?
    03-17-2011 09:41 AM
    I used textpad.
    03-17-2011 09:43 AM
    Original: (Thanks for pointing that out shortyjacobs)
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=100

What I changed it to:
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    This sounds like it changes the blinking rate of the IR Led. If anyone has a digital camera (digital cameras can see IR), try recording the area immediately left of the "Virgin mobile" logo while making a call at different proximity delay values, and then compare it to a recording of the stock/rodimus rom. You'll see a very faint light blinking. I think it is a matter of the sensor missing the moment when your head pulls away. If we can match the blinking rate to the value used in the stock rom, I think it'll solve the problem. In the Scott Pilgrim thread, the person that found the solution reports that it is not 100% solved yet. I think if the LED blinks too fast, it will either overwhelm the sensor or needlessly use up battery, and if it blinks too slow, it'll miss your head moving away. If I had a camera on me I would test it out, but this phone is my only camera for now.
    03-17-2011 10:06 AM
    There may be something to this "ro.lge.proximity.delay = X" thing. In my /system/build.prop file I didn't even have an entry for ro.lge.proximity.delay. So I added "ro.lge.proximity.delay = 100" to just experiment.

I have a feeling that it isn't being set correctly without that entry. Will update with how things go, but in a preliminary test call the proximity sensor worked perfectly.
    Chef_ likes this.
    03-17-2011 10:10 PM
    Nice, worked perfectly for me. Didn't have an entry for ro.lge.proximity.delay = 100 at all, do now!
    03-17-2011 10:42 PM
    are you sure I heard its coming out a minute after midnight not before?
    03-17-2011 10:46 PM
    aosp
    Yesterday, 05:59 PM

"should have a new one up for you guys sometime today stay tuned"

Thats a quote from the original xda thread from the creator of this rom. Though it still hasnt been updated there yet either but sounds like it should be soon.
    03-17-2011 10:53 PM
1,740 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD