ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
There is in the newest version. Make sure you're updated first, and that you've hit "manual flash override"after hitting the menu button. There is an LG Optimus V option, but the ROMs aren't there for some reason...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

The dev has to update it so that they show under Optimus V. Aosp has stated, however, that he is now going to go back to providing a mirror download link. Unfortunately people lately, at least a few, want to whine more about problems with rom manager than bugs or kudos to aosp for great work.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The dev has to update it so that they show under Optimus V. Aosp has stated, however, that he is now going to go back to providing a mirror download link. Unfortunately people lately, at least a few, want to whine more about problems with rom manager than bugs or kudos to aosp for great work.

Show me one other rom that is only available via rom manager.

How the hell are people suppose to report bugs if they cant download the dang rom?
Why should people give kudos for something that cant install?

I have no problem giving props when they are deserved.
I wont however say thanks for something I can test or use.

Your statement is so full of fail.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, as has been stated, rom manager isn't a program created by aosp so the programming isn't his fault. I did however say that it was his fault, as far as I understand, that it didn't show under the v section. Not sure how that is full of fail. You are possibly one of the people that kept talking about how cool it would be to have it on rom manager...good day to you sir.

I don't have another phone to use roms on so can't answer your first question, which I'm sure was rhetorical anyway.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note - there is a new GAPPS in ROM Manager for 6/13
It adds a Car Mode which is pretty neat... haven't played around with anything else yet to look for changes.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a new 6/13 build because I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Not sure what made you think there is a new build, the latest aospCMod is 06/01MMSFIXED available in ROM Manager or from the deployfu website.

The past couple of weeks have left a bitter taste in many people's mouths over this ROM Manager manifest issue. However, if you are smart enough to flash a custom ROM, you are smart enough to figure out how to grab the zip file from the clockworkmod folder on your sdcard after downloading via ROM Manager. If you aren't, then perhaps you should do some more reading before you flash a custom ROM. (not saying this to anyone in particular, so please don't take offense, it's really common sense)

The dev behind aospCMod is a single person, with a life outside of this ROM. I appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into creating the most bleeding edge ROM available for the Optimus V. With that in mind, I think the dev deserves a little leeway with this ROM Manager manifest issue.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, as has been stated, rom manager isn't a program created by aosp so the programming isn't his fault. I did however say that it was his fault, as far as I understand, that it didn't show under the v section. Not sure how that is full of fail. You are possibly one of the people that kept talking about how cool it would be to have it on rom manager...good day to you sir.

No you didnt. here since you forgot what you typed lemme requote it for you.

No where in that does it say its his fault for not updating it to RM. Other comments withstanding what I quoted doesnt blame asop for anything. At all.
That said I also didnt like that the rom was only available via RM. But with the goings on at XDA I kinda understand asop wanting to find another method of getting the rom out. What I think he should have done is started posting it here. Or another forum that wouldnt end up giving him grief. I can think of one but not gonna publicly link it.

I don't have another phone to use roms on so can't answer your first question, which I'm sure was rhetorical anyway.

Nope was a valid question.
Ask around if you dont know the answer.
I have not seen a rom only available via rom manager.
If a dev wants to get the rom in the wild they post the rom on as many android forums as possible.

The OP I quoted just rubbed me wrong, as your complaining about people whinning instead of giving kudos for a great rom. However nobody is going to say thanks for this rom I cant install. Or this rom is the ****, because well they dont know because THEY COULDNT INSTALL IT. And you have the nerve to call them whiners for wanting to install it but couldnt get it because of some funny business.

Hopefully you see the fail now.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Instructions for using ROM Manager have been posted multiple times, and even video tutorials, and they were even on aosp's twitter where everyone used to get the ROM link from. The direct link to the ROM has also been posted many times.

I know alot of people got frustrated by the manifest issues with ROM Manager, but the whole point of this community is that we helped each other out while the issues have been there. Hopefully, now that aosp has offered mirrored links, this won't be an issue anymore.

Regardless of the issues, KUDOS, THANKS, RESPECT, YOU THE MAN, ETC to aosp for making the most bleeding edge ROM available for the Optimus V, all on your own time, even though you do have a life!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think Jerry might have an obsesive little crush on aosp. Calm down, your all over this forum and xda snapping at everyone who has something negative to say. You said aosp has a life, maybe you should get one too, its Not healthy to obsess over a phone
and I would call aosp good, but definitely not bleeding edge

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Eollie I feel for you and your lack of understanding the difference between fact and opinion. An opinion, by definition, cannot fail.

That being said I see jerry helping more people than most so usually when he speaks you should probably listen.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I think Jerry might have an obsesive little crush on aosp. Calm down, your all over this forum and xda snapping at everyone who has something negative to say. You said aosp has a life, maybe you should get one too, its Not healthy to obsess over a phone
and I would call aosp good, but definitely not bleeding edge

You are right, I need to take a step back for a while.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the updates over the past months. The ROM works nice not perfect but thats what this work is all about. I found a bug or I guess its more a lose of a feature but whatever. I used to be able to browse the Android Market on my PC and click the install button and the app would start downloading to my phone. Well that doesn't seem to work anymore. Its no big deal just something I noticed.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the updates over the past months. The ROM works nice not perfect but thats what this work is all about. I found a bug or I guess its more a lose of a feature but whatever. I used to be able to browse the Android Market and click the install button and the app would start downloading to my phone. Well that doesn't seem to work anymore. Its no big deal just something I noticed.
I think I saw a solution on xda, but their search isn't working right now, and I can't find the post.
since I rarely use the market I'm afraid I can't help, myself. (my V is gapps-free, unless I want the market, when I nandroid backup, use the gapps, copy my downloads from /data/app to sdcard, and restore the backup)
I seem to recall there was a file somewhere in /data which needs deleted, then a reboot forces the device to rebuild the file.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think I saw a solution on xda, but their search isn't working right now, and I can't find the post.
since I rarely use the market I'm afraid I can't help, myself. (my V is gapps-free, unless I want the market, when I nandroid backup, use the gapps, copy my downloads from /data/app to sdcard, and restore the backup)
I seem to recall there was a file somewhere in /data which needs deleted, then a reboot forces the device to rebuild the file.

Sorry I messed up by not including that I meant when I was browsing the Android Market from my PC.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Eollie I feel for you and your lack of understanding the difference between fact and opinion. An opinion, by definition, cannot fail.

That being said I see jerry helping more people than most so usually when he speaks you should probably listen.

The only person not having a grasp on understanding is you.
I quoted you twice and you still tried to worm your way out.

I also never said your opinion was fact, I did call you out on it.As really it is wrong on so many levels. But you cant see it because you dont want to admit you were/are wrong.

But continue to tell people that are whiners because they aren't telling somebody they are the bomb diggity for a rom they cant put on their phone. Ya know that is what you did Ive got you quoted twice saying it. Yet somehow you FAIL to realize your own words are what is making your posts full of failure.

Regarding listening to Jerry...I have not once said aSOP didnt deserve the appreciation people are giving. Rather I have said the opposite. My beef isnt with asop, its with you calling people names for expressing their displeasure with the method of obtaining the newest rom. Then saying they shoudl basically stfu and tell him he is the bomb-diggity for releasing this rom.

Noumenon

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah cognitive dissonance.

"I hate the way the rom was distributed but I love the rom."

People have a hard time realizing critical statements are not outright attacks because of cognitive dissonance.

Anyways, I appreciate all the work and I think being critical helps the developer instead of trying to e-knight for him. You can show your appreciation by trying to solve the problem but after that you aren't doing anyone any justice.

Myself, I have switched back to 5/23 as its most stable for what I need it for and I look forward to new releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.