ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Rename xionia to vrecovery.Img.
with terminal emulator type as shown.

Su
Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img

And make sure the recovery is on the root of the SD, it just makes it less typing

Just FYI - No need to rename it, but renaming can help make it easier to type shorter file names ;)

donchronic

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I messed something up. I changed the name to vrecovery.img but before I could get a chance to open terminal emulator my phone bricked I think! I have a blue screen that reads
"Fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c:invalid khz:0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()
--suspend --
-- reset --

Please tell me I didn't brick my phone...

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Best bet is to not use ROM Manager to flash a recovery at this time. Download it from the OP of this thread, place it on your sdcard, then use adb or terminal emulator to flash it;

adb:
adb remount system
adb shell
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img

Terminal:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img

Ok, I hope someone can help here, I did this, and everything worked fine, but I decided that I wanted to go back to my old 2.2 backup that I had, and the new recovery didn't work, so I did this:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM.img

then reboot device

Or, TRIED too, now I can get the new recovery reimaged, and the thunder recovery is not seeing my old backups.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You don't want the second mount command, it is remounting the system ro=Read Only, you need to keep it rw=Read Write in order to flash the recovery image. When you reboot, it will automatically go back to ro, so no need for that command.

Remove this line:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Or you can just download a working recovery like xionia flash it using terminal emulator, reboot in to recovery and load backup from there.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't want the second mount command, it is remounting the system ro=Read Only, you need to keep it rw=Read Write in order to flash the recovery image. When you reboot, it will automatically go back to ro, so no need for that command.

Remove this line:

So I could just do this:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM.img

then reboot device

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Recovery is flashed on a separate partition. The system partition is changed to rw in order to write the flash_image file to it. I have always changed system back to ro after pushing the flash_image file and before flashing the recovery and never had problems with flashing recovery.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so how do you activate the phone once you are on this ROM? the ##VIRGIN# doesn't work, and neither does the activate app. I am trying to troubleshoot this MMS not working, and VMU wants me to re-activate the phone

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so how do you activate the phone once you are on this ROM? the ##VIRGIN# doesn't work, and neither does the activate app. I am trying to troubleshoot this MMS not working, and VMU wants me to re-activate the phone

The only way to get the activate app and those codes working is to go back to stock ROM or a Froyo VM ROM with the app. If your trying to fix MMS did you make sure the Virgin Mobile APNs are activated? Try download APN Manager on the market. When you open that app there should be a green icon with "APN Enabled: Virgin Mobile"

If that's not there that's whats causing the problem with MMS.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You have to flash back to a froyo rom and use the activate there then flash back to aosp.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The only way to get the activate app and those codes working is to go back to stock ROM or a Froyo VM ROM with the app. If your trying to fix MMS did you make sure the Virgin Mobile APNs are activated? Try download APN Manager on the market. When you open that app there should be a green icon with "APN Enabled: Virgin Mobile"

If that's not there that's whats causing the problem with MMS.

It was not enabled, but I restored my old one from way back, and it is still not working, anyone have the APN file that works? it is spinning, but there is no data in or out.

I can surf just fine

Well, I found these:

Name: Virgin Mobile
APN: Sprint
Proxy:
Port:
User Name: Sprint
Password: *
Server: *
MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8080/mms?
MMS Proxy: 205.239.233.136
MMS Port: 81
MCC: 311
MNC: 490
APN Type:

My MCC, and MNC were not this, they were:

MCC: 310
MNC: 00

but I added these, and it seemed to send, but I never received it.

**EDIT** this works now.........

Last edited:

donchronic

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm back with one more problem...I'm still trying to use Xionia, I just rerooted my phone and now I'm in Terminal Emulator. I typed in adb shell, but before I could type in su to continue flashing the recovery, it said "adb: permission denied." Thanks in advance, again lol

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

what rom are you using? the 6/01 build has MMS working perfectly. ive been running it since it came out. i send and receive a couple pics a day.

try flashing your rom again from scratch, maybe some tiny little thing got messed up. who knows.

it DOES work, so clearly somethings wrong and virgin mobile wont troubleshoot a custom ROM for you. gotta know what your getting into when you flash, man

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm back with one more problem...I'm still trying to use Xionia, I just rerooted my phone and now I'm in Terminal Emulator. I typed in adb shell, but before I could type in su to continue flashing the recovery, it said "adb: permission denied." Thanks in advance, again lol

adb shell in terminal emulator - Google Search

adb shell is only used when connected to a PC with the android SDK installed.

on terminal emulator you do NOT need to type adb shell. just su, then your commands

donchronic

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just rebooted after installing gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and aospCMod-VM670-20110601-CAMFIX.zip on Xionia, and now my phone is stuck on the Android logo. It's not flashing across the letters, it's just stuck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay