ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arliman

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried tracking down what is draining your battery? I get close to 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage, so long as I don't keep 3g on in poor signal areas (like my home ;) )

Yeah, I have 3G on all the time. It's WiFi that I shut off, or GPS and Bluetooth. After updating to this rom from stock I've actually experienced an extended battery life. I was at work the other night and battery was at 43% and was worried that it wouldn't be enough, but I proceeded to listen to mp3s on it for 3 hours and it didn't even die.

Probably just depends on what apps you have installed, live wallpapers, clock speed, etc. Lately I've been clocked at 730 with the min set at 600. (I don't like the "catch-up" it has to do sometimes when you unlock the phone) I've also got Twitter installed which checks every... 10 mins I think? And I'm synced with my Gmail.

Hold on.... how long does it last exactly? Some people expect a lot more out of these things than is realistic.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I wake up in the morning at 10:30 and unplug my phone. I take it to work, text half the day lol, check my tapatalk a few times, browse the web, leave wifi on at all times. When I go to lunch I'm using it nearly the whole hour. When I get home I'm always using it. And right now at 12:09am I'm at 27%. I'd say I get pretty good battery life.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for posting twice, hot the wrong button. I guess I should say I'm still on the 2.3.3 build from may. I keep looking into updating, but see a ton of error reports, and so far my build works just fine, so I'll keep it.

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyway we could get a twitter feed for this ROM instead of one with continuous unrelated spam? Thanks

Continuous? There are only a few tweets not directly related to this and the hero ROM. It's his account and ROM, so he can tweet about things however he wants. If you don't like the recent contest tweets, maybe you can donate an HTC Sensation, it would all be for the cause! ;)

The last tweet is a good read. ;)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I get right around 24 hours, 18-20 if I play games or netflix for more than an hour.
Does Netflix work with this rom without having to edit the build.prop? Or do I have to do what they say to do here? And also, if I do have to do that, does it mess up the market? I've heard from a couple of places that it will mess up other apps that you download from the market if you edit the build.prop. Someone really needs to post a tut...

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does Netflix work with this rom without having to edit the build.prop? Or do I have to do what they say to do here? And also, if I do have to do that, does it mess up the market? I've heard from a couple of places that it will mess up other apps that you download from the market if you edit the build.prop. Someone really needs to post a tut...

There's a thread on xda with a modified netflix app. Google search xda netflix apk.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread on xda with a modified netflix app. Google search xda netflix apk.

Will it work on the stock VM ROM?

Edit: Just tried it, installed it, it works, and I can watch things, but the colors are all messed up. Any ideas?

Last edited:

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
when the netflix app is updated, the apk is usually posted on the xda thread. keep it bookmarked, netflix updates fairly regularly.

little more of a hassle but better then changing build.prop. just delete old netflix and install new one.

i had problems with it on the froyo roms, but it works beautifully on aospCMod7

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm flashing over CM7 now, just making updated backups... I switched back to froyo after the camera bug started to annoy me. now that the camera works, I'll try it again!

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Will it work on the stock VM ROM?

Edit: Just tried it, installed it, it works, and I can watch things, but the colors are all messed up. Any ideas?

Just wondering by any chance are most of those colors green? Sometimes streaming video colors turn dark green for me when the network connection is slow.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't think they were green, it just seemed like the colors were... off. Like there would be right colors, but then other colors in wrong places. It was odd. Works fine on CM7 now though, but the camera still doesn't! I thought it was supposed to be fixed in 0601!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The camera fix is posted in the thread at xda. I.think its been posted on this thread to, search the threads for camera fix. Its a zip you flash in recovery after flashing the ROM

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I also have horrible battery life :/
My phone has been off its charger for 4 Hrs & 23 mins and its at 28%.

Its horrible xD

Since its been off the charger, 3g is off, Wifi on, Bluetooth off & GPS off. The last two are always off unless its needed. So yeah, idk whats going on. I know my TWS is always extremely high, but i almost always have signal.
Id really like suggestions on what to do, or what could be the problem? Maybe a Battery Hungry app.

Oh and no, i dont need to get a new battery, i already checked it several times on different OV's.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have horrible battery life :/
My phone has been off its charger for 4 Hrs & 23 mins and its at 28%.

Its horrible xD

Since its been off the charger, 3g is off, Wifi on, Bluetooth off & GPS off. The last two are always off unless its needed. So yeah, idk whats going on. I know my TWS is always extremely high, but i almost always have signal.
Id really like suggestions on what to do, or what could be the problem? Maybe a Battery Hungry app.

Oh and no, i dont need to get a new battery, i already checked it several times on different OV's.

Check for running apps, and turn off those that you don't need running in the background.

Look at settings>about phone>battery status then click on the battery graph and look at the color of the greenish bar under it. The darker green the better, the more yellow-brownish the worse for your battery. A prl swap helped me with battery drain issues due to poor reception at home (but it didn't increase speeds), tower hopping can be a huge power drain.

Set your screen timeout to 30 secs or less, and your screen turn off to immediately.

Be sure widgets don't update too often, do you really need to know the exact temperature every 5 minutes? And don't let your accounts sync too often, better to tap on the email or sms icon when you have a moment to check them than to have them syncing constantly even when you don't have time to read them.

Of course, keep your screen brightness as dim as possible, this holds true on any phone.

WiFi definitely drains the battery more than 3g, but poor phone signal is the single biggest battery issue for me. Set your wifi supplicant scan interval to 300 or higher (I use 500), this means it will only scan once every 300 seconds or whatever you set it to. The only issue this may cause is automatically finding wifi networks, it could take as much as 2-3x as long to locate the wifi network automatically. Depending on your sync needs, you may want to set wifi to turn off when the screen turns off as well (I believe that's the default setting, under wifi settings, press menu key then advanced). No issues when turning wifi on/off manually.

Read mmarz's tweaks thread for more battery saving tricks. ;)

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Check for running apps, and turn off those that you don't need running in the background.

Look at settings>about phone>battery status then click on the battery graph and look at the color of the greenish bar under it. The darker green the better, the more yellow-brownish the worse for your battery. A prl swap helped me with battery drain issues due to poor reception at home (but it didn't increase speeds), tower hopping can be a huge power drain.

Set your screen timeout to 30 secs or less, and your screen turn off to immediately.

Be sure widgets don't update too often, do you really need to know the exact temperature every 5 minutes? And don't let your accounts sync too often, better to tap on the email or sms icon when you have a moment to check them than to have them syncing constantly even when you don't have time to read them.

Of course, keep your screen brightness as dim as possible, this holds true on any phone.

WiFi definitely drains the battery more than 3g, but poor phone signal is the single biggest battery issue for me. Set your wifi supplicant scan interval to 300 or higher (I use 500), this means it will only scan once every 300 seconds or whatever you set it to. The only issue this may cause is automatically finding wifi networks, it could take as much as 2-3x as long to locate the wifi network automatically. Depending on your sync needs, you may want to set wifi to turn off when the screen turns off as well (I believe that's the default setting, under wifi settings, press menu key then advanced). No issues when turning wifi on/off manually.

Read mmarz's tweaks thread for more battery saving tricks. ;)

I always turn off running apps, google apps the ones they have to be consistently turned off

My battery is green, and what is a prl swap?

My screen timeout and all that is always on the lowest possible option, plus im obsessed with locking my phone, so the screen is always off xD

Well my sync is ALWAYS off & i dont have my email set up, only my Gmail of course. And one widget refreshes every hr or 2, i cant remember.

And yeah, my dim is on 0 lol. Screen brightness kills the battery on every phone, so true.
I believe Wifi is a major killer for me, but not the biggest. I manually turn it om/off only for work. I only use Wifi for the 6 hrs im at work. Besides that, i dont use it.

I just dont get it, theres something wrong.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You may be turning off apps you don't need to. It takes experimentation to figure out which ones to leave on for your setup.

I always have running in the background:
SwipePad
ScoreMobile
DSPManager
News & Weather
Google Services
FlexT9 Text Input

Sometimes I have Mapps or the Market running, and I let them do their thing. Shutting them down means they have to restart at some point to finish what they were doing, so you are using battery power during multiple startups of the software in order to get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital