ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a TWS bug on here? I am swapping back and forth from AsopCMod and Bumblebee. My TWS on bumblebee is only 0% to 2% but on AsopCMod its at 73% after a few hours. I also checked my wife's stock OV and hers wasnt high.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a TWS bug on here? I am swapping back and forth from AsopCMod and Bumblebee. My TWS on bumblebee is only 0% to 2% but on AsopCMod its at 73% after a few hours. I also checked my wife's stock OV and hers wasnt high.

The TWS bug is when you always have exactly 50% Time Without Service. The radio is not affected by either ROM, other than through settings you can adjust (3g on/off, 3g/2g, etc).

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, never thought of it like that.
Well Dsp Manager is always on and Google Services, but i do close Maps, GV & the Market alot.

and something is definitely wrong with TWS. When i started typing this, it was at 91%. Now its at 83. It always extremely high.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, never thought of it like that.
Well Dsp Manager is always on and Google Services, but i do close Maps, GV & the Market alot.

and something is definitely wrong with TWS. When i started typing this, it was at 91%. Now its at 83. It always extremely high.

Take a screenshot of your battery graph once it gets to below 30% and post it, then click on the battery graph and take a screenshot of the next page that loads up. Post those pics and we can start to track down your drainer(s).

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The TWS bug is when you always have exactly 50% Time Without Service. The radio is not affected by either ROM, other than through settings you can adjust (3g on/off, 3g/2g, etc).

Strange that the TWS would be so high when my wife's phone had a lower TWS. The magnitude of settings is amazing.

How do I get themes?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I notice when my battery gets below 30 percent, it rapidly drops. it gets calibrated every 2 weeks.

last night in the theatre i put it on airplane mode and silent and it was already at 30%. checked it in a few minutes and it was at 9, then again a few moments later and it was off.

very strange, it was hot too. does this every time it gets under 30, 3G on or off, wifi on or off apps or no apps

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That tweet looks like an ETA! Not complaining but its been almost a whole month without any new builds.

Will ROM Manager still be a download option after all the issues?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

There have been conferences, it's summer time, even devs deserve a vacation ;)

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: battery life, one day last week I forgot to charge my phone overnight, and the battery ended up lasting around 40 hours with light to moderate use (texting throughout the day, a phone call, I think a YouTube video, checking Facebook--stuff like that). I have Gmail and Facebook sync on; I constantly have the Google Voice, Plug-in Launcher, Sipdroid, and Light Flow services running; and I put my phone in airplane mode with wi-fi on at night (wi-fi remains ON the whole time--still checks for push notifications and Sipdroid calls when the phone's asleep). I'm running 20110531.

If you guys are having serious issues with battery, my guess is that either you live in an area with very poor signal or tower-hopping, or an app is the culprit. AospCM battery life is a little worse than stock, but not enough to call it "awful," "horrible," "abysmal," or the other adjectives I've heard.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: battery life, one day last week I forgot to charge my phone overnight, and the battery ended up lasting around 40 hours with light to moderate use (texting throughout the day, a phone call, I think a YouTube video, checking Facebook--stuff like that). I have Gmail and Facebook sync on; I constantly have the Google Voice, Plug-in Launcher, Sipdroid, and Light Flow services running; and I put my phone in airplane mode with wi-fi on at night (wi-fi remains ON the whole time--still checks for push notifications and Sipdroid calls when the phone's asleep). I'm running 20110531.

If you guys are having serious issues with battery, my guess is that either you live in an area with very poor signal or tower-hopping, or an app is the culprit. AospCM battery life is a little worse than stock, but not enough to call it "awful," "horrible," "abysmal," or the other adjectives I've heard.

Agreed, I do the same thing when I am at home, and mine lasts about that as well.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Applying mmarz's tweaks, turning off wifi when not in use and setting wifi sleep policy to when screen is off, and watching for apps that run in the background are how I get decent battery life.

A note about apps running in the background. You don't want to kill everything. In fact, you don't want to kill any system apps or google apps (some may disagree about gapps). When you do kill them, they will at some point start back up to do what they were doing. Having to restart and possibly do everything over the app had been part way through doing when you stopped it is naturally a battery drain. I always have running:

WeatherBug Elite
SwipePad
ScoreMobile
DSPManager
News & Weather
Google Services
FlexT9 Keyboard

And often Google Maps

I have set each of those widgets to update less frequently than default. If I see battery drain above 5%/hour with moderate to light usage, I check running apps and track down what's going on.

Things I do kill are for example OpenSignal, which I use sometimes to see what tower I'm connected to, but I don't want it running all the time. Ebay, which I like to use when shopping, but I don't need it running when I'm not using it. Some music apps, why should they be running anytime other than when I'm using them? These I kill, I leave all others alone unless I notice an issue with them.

I put a fresh battery in yesterday (I use those cheap ebay batteries), here's my usage at almost a full day:
(notice the fastest drops are when wifi is on)
ScreenShot-13.png
ScreenShot-12.png

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Reading the various posts on the wifi issue is a bit confusing.

This post says to be sure txpower=15 yet the file attached to it sets the txpower to 30mW?

Running iwconfig wlan0 shows Tx-Power:20 dbm

I'm thinkin running this via a Tasker profile would be best, but want to be sure I've got the proper settings before I test it.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
How do I use the USB Tether? The RomRepo Wiki says it works. I can't find it in the phone.

USB tethering was in the portable hotspot before wireless hotspot was fixed. Once wifi hotspot was fixed the built in usb tether option was removed.

Maybe the option was removed because less people used it compared to wifi. Maybe the usb tethering was causing issues.

I'd say the best alternative for usb tethering would be to use PdaNet.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Reading the various posts on the wifi issue is a bit confusing.

This post says to be sure txpower=15 yet the file attached to it sets the txpower to 30mW?

Running iwconfig wlan0 shows Tx-Power:20 dbm

I'm thinkin running this via a Tasker profile would be best, but want to be sure I've got the proper settings before I test it.

Whatever you do, don't flash that zip. It has a kernel not built for our phones.

That is strange how the units are labeled. I'm not sure what to make of it.

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the 6/1 version of this ROM and restored my titanium backup and now I can't get any apps to download or update from the market. I've tried wiping the market cache and data and rebooting... no luck. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.