ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the 6/1 version of this ROM and restored my titanium backup and now I can't get any apps to download or update from the market. I've tried wiping the market cache and data and rebooting... no luck. Any ideas?

Try using an older version of titanium backup if possible. I have issues with the newer version sometimes. And make sure you do not restore any system data. That can possibly break your market key. Use titanium backup to restore user apps only!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Try using an older version of titanium backup if possible. I have issues with the newer version sometimes. And make sure you do not restore any system data. That can possibly break your market key. Use titanium backup to restore user apps only!

Why would you ever restore system apps? Especially from an older build of your rom? That is what is breaking your market. You should use the Accounts backup feature of TB. Your system apps come with your rom and are signed with the same key. If you restore from an older or different rom, you'll cause all sorts of issues.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Why would you ever restore system apps? Especially from an older build of your rom? That is what is breaking your market. You should use the Accounts backup feature of TB. Your system apps come with your rom and are signed with the same key. If you restore from an older or different rom, you'll cause all sorts of issues.

He has a point. System apps are specific to certain ROMs, not every single one out there. But I still suggest using a different ROM. AOSP's Gingerbread 2.3.4 is a lot for the Optimus V to handle, and while it offers a lot of tweaks, ROMs like the REBORN ROM have many of the same features and save the battery life exponentially. I'm using that ROM right now, I used to use AOSP but I got tired of waiting for updates and all of the many bugs that come with it...camera freezing or not focusing, crashes and FCs, reboots, high battery temperature (overheating), gyroscope and accelerometer problems, app compatibility problems, lag, MMS bugs...stop me if you've heard these before...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
He has a point. System apps are specific to certain ROMs, not every single one out there. But I still suggest using a different ROM. AOSP's Gingerbread 2.3.4 is a lot for the Optimus V to handle, and while it offers a lot of tweaks, ROMs like the REBORN ROM have many of the same features and save the battery life exponentially. I'm using that ROM right now, I used to use AOSP but I got tired of waiting for updates and all of the many bugs that come with it...camera freezing or not focusing, crashes and FCs, reboots, high battery temperature (overheating), gyroscope and accelerometer problems, app compatibility problems, lag, MMS bugs...stop me if you've heard these before...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Only current bugs are camera zoom, bluetooth, and headset. Battery life is less an issue of the ROM as it is the users setup and usage. Never had a problem with battery temps, or sensors. Lag? And MMS was fixed along time ago. ;)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
USB tethering was in the portable hotspot before wireless hotspot was fixed. Once wifi hotspot was fixed the built in usb tether option was removed.

Maybe the option was removed because less people used it compared to wifi. Maybe the usb tethering was causing issues.

I'd say the best alternative for usb tethering would be to use PdaNet.

Well that sucks. I was hoping to get internet working on my Linux box. PDAnet isn't compatible with Linux yet.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Just installed the 6/1 version of this ROM and restored my titanium backup and now I can't get any apps to download or update from the market. I've tried wiping the market cache and data and rebooting... no luck. Any ideas?

Try formating SD card (backup only what you put there) . Sometimes android data on the SD card gets corrupted and/or doesn't match the new build therefore prevents apps to install. Worth a try, easier than reflashing.

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Try formating SD card (backup only what you put there) . Sometimes android data on the SD card gets corrupted and/or doesn't match the new build therefore prevents apps to install. Worth a try, easier than reflashing.

What do you mean? Copy the entire contents of the SD card to my PC, format the card, and then copy all the data back on to it?

@mmarz: I didn't restore the market or any system data with TB. The market actually worked fine for a a day or so, but then stopped working. Sometimes I get an error installing an app, and sometimes the downloads will start, and then just disappear without any warning. I was able to install a new app by purchasing it on the web and having it pushed to the phone... but I can't get any updates to work.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
What do you mean? Copy the entire contents of the SD card to my PC, format the card, and then copy all the data back on to it?

Backup before anything:

Hook your phone up to your computer, browse to .android_secure and delete the file 'smdl2tmp1.asec' and reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work, format SD card, reboot and then try installing apps.

Finally if none of that works you might have to just wipe the phone, format SD card and reinstall your apps individually.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Download root toolbox from the market, and under the other setting there is an option to fix market links, run it and your phone will reboot afterwards. I had a similar problem once and that fixed it

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
A note about apps running in the background. You don't want to kill everything. In fact, you don't want to kill any system apps or google apps (some may disagree about gapps). When you do kill them, they will at some point start back up to do what they were doing. Having to restart and possibly do everything over the app had been part way through doing when you stopped it is naturally a battery drain.
While killing tasks isn't a good idea, preventing them from starting in the first place is another story. There's an app in the Market called Gemini App Manager that will let you configure when apps are and aren't allowed to autorun. (There are others as well, but Gemini is the only free one I know of.) I've set all unnecessary apps to not autorun on bootup, which often keeps them from constantly reopening as they would when you would use a task killer or kill them yourself.

I haven't been rigorous by any means in measuring battery life with and without per-app autorun disabled like that, but it gives me greater peace of mind for some reason. :p

Reactions: JerryScript

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is turning into a real pain in the ass. I've been trying to fix this all day. I eventually broke down and wiped everything and reflashed the ROM... and I'm STILL having the same problem. WTF?

I don't have the "smdl2tmp1.asec" file in my .android_secure folder. Is that a bad sign?

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What method did you use to flash?

I went into CW recovery... did the format, wipe cached, wiped davlik cache, flashed rom, then flashed gapps. (I used the latest version of gapps instead of the one from March listed in the OP of this thread). I also tried formatting the SD card... that didn't help either.

Whenever I try to download or update anything form teh market it just stops and disappears immediately or says download unsuccessful.

Please help me internet. I don't know what else to try... other than switching to a different ROM.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I went into CW recovery... did the format, wipe cached, wiped davlik cache, flashed rom, then flashed gapps. (I used the latest version of gapps instead of the one from March listed in the OP of this thread). I also tried formatting the SD card... that didn't help either.

Whenever I try to download or update anything form teh market it just stops and disappears immediately or says download unsuccessful.

Please help me internet. I don't know what else to try... other than switching to a different ROM.

Ive heard bad things about the newest version of gapps.

I think Im still using a very old version. It just updates once I log on.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem I had with the new gapps. Just go back and reflash with the old gapps. You can find the link on the first page of this thread.

Noumenon

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is actually fine if you configure things right.

bjizwx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie