ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You aren't choosing the update option are you? You don't use that option, you choose zip from sdcard option both times.

If that's not it...

Try going into mounts and mounting the sdcard, then see if it finds the files.

If not...

Hook your phone up to your computer's usb port, then go under mounts, at the bottom is the option to mount the sdcard for browsing on your pc, you can then just drag the files you want into the window that opens.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How did you download the files? If you used your phone then look in the downloads folder on your sd card. if they are there then move them to the root of the card (not in any folders).

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I searched the thread, and there's not a link to the mmsfixed version anywhere that I can find. Can someone please post it for me, or is the rom manager's version working?

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Do a google search for this
aospCMod -VM670 -20110601 -
signed. zip
It will take you to the download page for the file you want. The 0601 build had the mms fixed.

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry folks. Didn't want this to be my first post here.

I posted this over on xda in the Optimus V development thread for this ROM.

===========

Usually don't mess things up but...

I thought I could download the file posted a couple posts before this one. I installed it like any other ROM file via recovery. I had THOUGHT I had the right recovery installed but I guess not?

My phone is stuck in a loop. The ROM boots up to green get started android guy. It then freezes. I spent the last 40 minutes searching for answers. I searched this thread and others on androidcentral. Took out sd card, tried 3 finger salute, etc. If I could get back into recovery I'd be set because I have a backup. I just can't get into recovery mode.

I'm a little familiar with ADB but don't use it for things unless I have to.

Any help with getting into recovery or fixing my recovery image would be appreciated. Thanks

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you aren't booting into recovery just trying a reboot. You are holding down the volume up or down key plus the home and power buttons correct?

Reactions: daryllh

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you aren't booting into recovery just trying a reboot. You are holding down the volume up or down key plus the home and power buttons correct?

I want to reboot into recovery. That's my desire.

I tried all of the button combos. I have gotten it into 'safe mode' but it's still hung up on the green robot getting started screen.

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Got it to reboot into recovery. I tried one last 3 finger salute and it actually worked this time. Go figure.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate the quick response.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Got it to reboot into recovery. I tried one last 3 finger salute and it actually worked this time. Go figure.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate the quick response.

No problem. All day long I sit at a computer with plenty of downtime so tend to be on the android forums a lot lol.

roxasj9112

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This ROM by AOSP is old. Get the new one via ROM Manager. You gotta have ClockWork though...

I was just using this ROM.

Main problems:
Black screen after calls
No receiving MMS
Constant reboots (I have no clue why. My Optimus V is brand new, barely a week old)
Laggy at times

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This ROM by AOSP is old. Get the new one via ROM Manager. You gotta have ClockWork though...

I was just using this ROM.

Main problems:
Black screen after calls
No receiving MMS
Constant reboots (I have no clue why. My Optimus V is brand new, barely a week old)
Laggy at times

You don't have to use Rom Manager, lots of posts here with the link, or use clockwork.
You can use xionias recovery to flash any rom out there and if you are tired of this one you can always try one of the other numerous ones out there.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mms is fine and no random revolts you must be clocked too high or are using the SD card that came.with.the phone Which is no good it made my.phone reboot on stock

Sent from my Optimus V

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Mms is fine and no random revolts you must be clocked too high or are using the SD card that came.with.the phone Which is no good it made my.phone reboot on stock

Sent from my Optimus V

He was saying that Aosp is old and talking about updating through rom manager. I'm willing to bet he is using an older version that had broken mms.

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm k. so, the rom is great. i love it. 'cept.... the screen rotation. when the phone is freshly booted, it rotates quick. i mean REAL quick. it's great, very responsive. but, after a couple hours it starts to slow down. and by the end of the day it will take about 5 seconds for the screen to rotate.

anybody else have this "problem"?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm k. so, the rom is great. i love it. 'cept.... the screen rotation. when the phone is freshly booted, it rotates quick. i mean REAL quick. it's great, very responsive. but, after a couple hours it starts to slow down. and by the end of the day it will take about 5 seconds for the screen to rotate.

anybody else have this "problem"?

It has been mentioned.

Based on the work Blarfie and ath3nos have done on their ROM, I believe it has something to do with the coding getting stuck on the lack of a hardware keyboard, which it checks each time screen rotation is attempted (if the keyboard is out on phones with a sliding keyboard, the screen wont rotate out of landscape).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc