ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
I tried iho just too choppy/laggy compared to this rom. also rom manager can't find any roms under download just gapps and superuser so I can't even use the most recent version of this rom.

There are NO plans on my part to support ROM Manager anytime soon. It's... how can I put this... crapware? Whether or not Jerry wants to include it and publish his ROMs that way is totally up to him.

AFAIK even gapps is outdated in ROM Manager (compared to the CM wiki).

What version of what kernel were you using that was too laggy?

brainwash

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was very happy with aosp, Ath3nos was better. BACKside seems to be even better. Battery life is very good, very few fc's, fewer bugs, and best of all rapidly accelerated development with feedback from the developers.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
well i was just about to try my 1st rom and was going to use this one....now it seems its not a good one to use anymore? :mad:

It is still a good rom, just not being developed daily like some of the others.
However a good rom doesnt have to have daily, weekly, monthly updates.
Once it is GTG the only changes should be minor bug fixes and code tweaks.

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It is still a good rom, just not being developed daily like some of the others.
However a good rom doesnt have to have daily, weekly, monthly updates.
Once it is GTG the only changes should be minor bug fixes and code tweaks.
The thing is... AOSP sucks...balls. And IHO is 10000000000% better.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Go with Harmonia 1.3.1, it's just as fast, clean and OC-able as this ROM. Most of the features of 2.3 and up are useless in the OV anyways.

every new feature of Gingerbread is put to good use on the V. performance stuff like garbage collection and stuff keep apps running smoother and quicker. the text editing is worlds better for people who type alot (like me). only thing we dont get is NFC becuase we dont have the hardware.

google updated android to 2.3 for good reasons. maybe the particular ROM isnt up to snuff yet, but if you didnt try it, your missing out on a lot of great new stuff android has to offer as a platform.

2.2 isnt the holy grail of android. its still widely used, but so is Windows XP. haha.

I just think its wrong to say the features of 2.3 are useless on the OV. clearly untrue.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
every new feature of Gingerbread is put to good use on the V. performance stuff like garbage collection and stuff keep apps running smoother and quicker. the text editing is worlds better for people who type alot (like me). only thing we dont get is NFC becuase we dont have the hardware.

google updated android to 2.3 for good reasons. maybe the particular ROM isnt up to snuff yet, but if you didnt try it, your missing out on a lot of great new stuff android has to offer as a platform.

2.2 isnt the holy grail of android. its still widely used, but so is Windows XP. haha.

I just think its wrong to say the features of 2.3 are useless on the OV. clearly untrue.

+1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There's a better one out there called Ath3nos that is based off Ziefie's build. It has working MMS and no auto focus/zoom bug... It's also amzingly fast o_O

ath3nos and BACKside-IHO are built off the same source. If you use ath3nos, you have to use a script to convert to the Optimus V. BACKside-IHO is built from the exact same source but uses the blobs for the Optimus V so there is no conversion script necessary.

dwcasey

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have ROM Manager installed ( premium ) and have flashed the CWM recovery and tested it ( reboot recovery from adb shell ) but I do not ever see any ROMs available for download in the ROM Manager app.

Is there a way to simply download the .zip file of this ROM so I flash from CWM recovery?

Last edited:

dammitman

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
In Rom Manager, press menu on the phone and select Manual Flash Override. When the device selection pops up, choose LG Optimus One, then select ClockWorkMod 3.x.x.x. Once you're done you can then press Download ROM in Rom Manager and download AOSP CM7 for the Optimus V. This has been covered multiple times in this same thread and on xda.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
In Rom Manager, press menu on the phone and select Manual Flash Override. When the device selection pops up, choose LG Optimus One, then select ClockWorkMod 3.x.x.x. Once you're done you can then press Download ROM in Rom Manager and download AOSP CM7 for the Optimus V. This has been covered multiple times in this same thread and on xda.

Yes but the optimus one is only an option if you currently have a gingerbread rom. Froyo roms, from my experience, don't give you the option.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
There is a link in this forum where you can directly download the rom to your computer. Use search to find it. Once downloaded, copy to your sdcard, then boot in to recovery and flash zip file to phone. Just search for "aospcmodvm67020110601.zip".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy