ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
There is a link in this forum where you can directly download the rom to your computer. Use search to find it. Once downloaded, copy to your sdcard, then boot in to recovery and flash zip file to phone.

Or use a rom that gives you direct download on the OP plus more features and actively developed. ;)

iiturnull

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
There's so many pages in this thread. I'm completely lost right now, because the file is not accessible in the free version of ROM Manager I guess. So I have no idea which file is the one I'm supposed to download to flash. I am currently on Rodimus and that is the only one I've flashed before, and it was from a .zip. Any help on which file and how to flash would be great. Thanks.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There's so many pages in this thread. I'm completely lost right now, because the file is not accessible in the free version of ROM Manager I guess. So I have no idea which file is the one I'm supposed to download to flash. I am currently on Rodimus and that is the only one I've flashed before, and it was from a .zip. Any help on which file and how to flash would be great. Thanks.

Here is the direct link to the file you would download through ROM Manager:

http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

Reactions: iiturnull

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

The OP should always b updated

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The OP should always b updated

But isn't and won't be. Better off going to a rom that is still actively being developed. People say they won't switch to backside (IHO) because it isn't as stable yet...without people using it Jerry and Blarf will have a hard time getting it completely stable. ;)

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
But isn't and won't be. Better off going to a rom that is still actively being developed. People say they won't switch to backside (IHO) because it isn't as stable yet...without people using it Jerry and Blarf will have a hard time getting it completely stable. ;)

And actually IHO has regular updates being pulled from CM7 & other kernel fixes by others, way better than just 1 or 2 people working on a ROM.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Why can't I receive MMS? I think I can send them fine, but just noticed I can't open them when i receive them.

running 0601. (which was the one that had the MMS fix built in right?) Using Handcent SMS if that makes a difference. I think i used to be able to receive them if I remember right. thanks.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Why can't I receive MMS? I think I can send them fine, but just noticed I can't open them when i receive them.

running 0601. (which was the one that had the MMS fix built in right?) Using Handcent SMS if that makes a difference. I think i used to be able to receive them if I remember right. thanks.

Check and see if 3g/mobile data is turned off bc for some reason even if ur on wifi it has to use 3g to get MMS.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Check and see if 3g/mobile data is turned off bc for some reason even if ur on wifi it has to use 3g to get MMS.

Still not working. Even with the stock messaging app. (I use Handcent) I sent a quick pic to my wife's phone (also running aosp CM7 and click Download and it says that its downloading for a while then nothing happens and I get a "Download" clickable box again.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still not working. Even with the stock messaging app. (I use Handcent) I sent a quick pic to my wife's phone (also running aosp CM7 and click Download and it says that its downloading for a while then nothing happens and I get a "Download" clickable box again.

Try one of the IHO roms. aSOP has taken a break from developing for these phones. There is new builds being released atleast once a week.

mcneilbc

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I was reading this page http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...lpha-aospcmod-aosp-2-3-4-cm7-gingerbread.html and... I was wondering if there was any way anyone could teach me to do this? I have already done a few things to my phone, but when I tried flashing a different rom, it didn't work and I had to restore. This is what I've done.

Rooting

Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Root by itself doesn't do anything interesting, unless there's an app that needs it. The fancy stuff comes from custom ROMs. Just remember Virgin Mobile Activation only works on Froyo ROMs, so do it before going to Gingerbread. The easiest way to root nowadays is to use GingerBreak. It can be found here:

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Instruction Steps:

1. Turn on USB Debugging (Settings - Applications - Development)
2. Copy the GingerBreak.apk to a /sdcard dir, then using a 'file manager' app (search for one in Android Market) install it like a regular app.
3. It can take up to 10 minutes, and will reboot automatically when complete (rooted), if attempt fails, reboot manually & run it again.

Install custom recovery image

The recovery image is an alternative bootup instead of normal Android Operating System. It allows low-level operations such as backup/restore a ROM, wipe partitions, and flash ROMs.

4. Download and copy the recovery image VM670NH_recovery.img (works with new & old OV screens) onto your /sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager). Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with the file above.

Flash Custom ROM

[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1 (Gingerbread)

6. Copy the unextracted ROM .zip that you wish to install to the /sdcard dir. Also if installing a CyanogenMod Gingerbread ROM, the unextracted gapps.zip also needs to be placed in the same dir to flash right after the ROM .zip.
7. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power button until the LG logo appears).
8. FIRST, BACKUP ORIGINAL ROM! Don't continue until this is successful. use vol-up/down, camera, & back keys to navigate in recovery.
9. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then uner Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.
10. Install the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip too if going to a CyanogenMod ROM
11. Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.

But after I did all that, it blue screened me, which I guess I knew would happen since it said that the installation of the zip file from sd wasn't successful, regardless of how many different times I tried to do it. Is there something I did wrong? And from this point, would it be difficult to put Gingerbread on my LG Optimus V?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I was reading this page http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...lpha-aospcmod-aosp-2-3-4-cm7-gingerbread.html and... I was wondering if there was any way anyone could teach me to do this? I have already done a few things to my phone, but when I tried flashing a different rom, it didn't work and I had to restore. This is what I've done.

Rooting

Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Root by itself doesn't do anything interesting, unless there's an app that needs it. The fancy stuff comes from custom ROMs. Just remember Virgin Mobile Activation only works on Froyo ROMs, so do it before going to Gingerbread. The easiest way to root nowadays is to use GingerBreak. It can be found here:

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Instruction Steps:

1. Turn on USB Debugging (Settings - Applications - Development)
2. Copy the GingerBreak.apk to a /sdcard dir, then using a 'file manager' app (search for one in Android Market) install it like a regular app.
3. It can take up to 10 minutes, and will reboot automatically when complete (rooted), if attempt fails, reboot manually & run it again.

Install custom recovery image

The recovery image is an alternative bootup instead of normal Android Operating System. It allows low-level operations such as backup/restore a ROM, wipe partitions, and flash ROMs.

4. Download and copy the recovery image VM670NH_recovery.img (works with new & old OV screens) onto your /sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager). Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with the file above.

Flash Custom ROM

[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1 (Gingerbread)

6. Copy the unextracted ROM .zip that you wish to install to the /sdcard dir. Also if installing a CyanogenMod Gingerbread ROM, the unextracted gapps.zip also needs to be placed in the same dir to flash right after the ROM .zip.
7. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power button until the LG logo appears).
8. FIRST, BACKUP ORIGINAL ROM! Don't continue until this is successful. use vol-up/down, camera, & back keys to navigate in recovery.
9. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then uner Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.
10. Install the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip too if going to a CyanogenMod ROM
11. Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.

But after I did all that, it blue screened me, which I guess I knew would happen since it said that the installation of the zip file from sd wasn't successful, regardless of how many different times I tried to do it. Is there something I did wrong? And from this point, would it be difficult to put Gingerbread on my LG Optimus V?
This is one hell of a bump of an old thread. AOSP ROM is dead. Get over it.
This thread is a much more up to date thread with more information
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Reactions: JerryScript
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie