ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its a problem or not, but has anyone checked the battery usage stats yet? Since installing and running the rom it shows "Display" as the highest use of my battery, averaging 60%. It used to be "Cell Standby" at 40-50% on average.

*Also, does anyone else's batter warm up a bit while charging?

Last edited:

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
When I installed the custom recovery for the stock Xionia ROM the downloads also included a "flash_image". We need to change from custom recovery to the new recovery needed for 2.3, do we need a new "flash_image"?

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Two issues: memory for apps, and wiping /system on flash.

Memory:

Although the baseline footprint of this ROM is about the same as that of Xionia's CM7 (adapted to VM), it appears that the amount of memory that installed applications take in this ROM is significantly larger.

When I load up all my applications in this ROM, I have only 29 MB free. When I load up all my applications on Xionia's CM7 ROM, I have about 61MB free. Same apps. Why?

Flash /system:
Is there an equivalent empty "Debug-flashSYSTEM.zip" that I can use for this ROM? I tried the one from Xionia's CM7 post, but it gives me some error about the CWM recovery image not being able to use a particular kind of script, and the system is never flashed (and thus not cleaned). This may be related to the memory issue I discuss above.

Thanks for any help.

jroofad

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
any full instructions for a noob like me.. like right after root what to do next??

Also does Wifi tether work with quick settings like stock ??

any linpack/quadrant benchmarks stock & oc??

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its a problem or not, but has anyone checked the battery usage stats yet? Since installing and running the rom it shows "Display" as the highest use of my battery, averaging 60%. It used to be "Cell Standby" at 40-50% on average.

*Also, does anyone else's batter warm up a bit while charging?
Display will usually be the highest. Android 2.3.2 is pretty good at managing its processes. If you calibrate your battery a few times, any 2.3 rom will be pretty much the same.

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Display will usually be the highest. Android 2.3.2 is pretty good at managing its processes. If you calibrate your battery a few times, any 2.3 rom will be pretty much the same.

Ah ok. That's good to know. Also, I'm guessing maybe someone else has noticed, but it seems you can't use a wired headset for phone calls with the current build of this ROM. Also wireless tethering through power control doesn't activate it. It shows an error if you look in the settings menu.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok. That's good to know. Also, I'm guessing maybe someone else has noticed, but it seems you can't use a wired headset for phone calls with the current build of this ROM. Also wireless tethering through power control doesn't activate it. It shows an error if you look in the settings menu.

Yeah wireless tether native is borked. Download wireless tether from the market, that works. Not sure about headset as I don't use one. There is another build coming aosp said though. Hopefully fixes up some things.

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah wireless tether native is borked. Download wireless tether from the market, that works. Not sure about headset as I don't use one. There is another build coming aosp said though. Hopefully fixes up some things.

Yeah I'm running wireless tether now. For a first build for our phones, it works pretty good. Any news on a new build?

venkyandroid

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
programming menu

Thanks to everyone who helped me get gingerbread up and running on my optimus V.

I have a question regarding the programming menu. ##847446# doesn't seem to work any more. Is there a different number to dial now?

My phone number got updated and I have to update it on the phone. Do I have to go to the stock rom to do this? I know I'm reeking noob all over, can someone guide me?

Last edited:

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6 is nice. If you're unfamiliar with it, it requires Edify only scripting. So all older scripting (Amend) will not work.

Is there an Edify only version of the following file (needed to format /system fully)? It's called "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" and is available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21349886/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (and to give credit, comes from the zephie/icemank thread on xionia on Optimus V).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there an Edify only version of the following file (needed to format /system fully)? It's called "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" and is available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21349886/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (and to give credit, comes from the zephie/icemank thread on xionia on Optimus V).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

dinlaca, all that does if format the system partition. If you flashed the clockworkmod 3.0.0.6 recovery just go into Mounts and format system.

CWM3 isn't required to flash this rom, just recommended

ejdme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Any idea why I get "E: Can't open /sdcard/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip (bad) Installation aborted." when I try to install gapps with clockwork? Already checked and the md5 matches.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Any idea why I get "E: Can't open /sdcard/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip (bad) Installation aborted." when I try to install gapps with clockwork? Already checked and the md5 matches.

Not sure, you could try to reflash the recovery. Can you get a logcat or error log from cwm (in advanced)

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So aside from MMS and texting not working 100%, this looks to be moving along pretty well... Those are some nice stats there on the first page...

Status
Not open for further replies.