ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does the Samsung intercept also use the weird mms system?
Maybe we could change the mms user agent to intercept or blackberry and receive a nice standard mms

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM, thanks to the team that put this package together!

I do get an occaisional freeze, but it may be due to overclocking (just over 800). Otherwise everything seems smooth.

Apps appear more frequently in AppKiller listings, not sure yet if I need to change a sync setting or something.

Thanks again, looking forward to future goodies!

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The Intercept, or really any VM phone, has the same issue. VM has special code in the frameworks that decode the odd MMS format. The only way to get incoming working on a non-VM based rom would be to port the code over to CyanogenMod source. This is a lot of work, but it does sound like people are working on it.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Intercept, or really any VM phone, has the same issue. VM has special code in the frameworks that decode the odd MMS format. The only way to get incoming working on a non-VM based rom would be to port the code over to CyanogenMod source. This is a lot of work, but it does sound like people are working on it.

That's what I feared. All part of being on a MVNO I guess..
We should get the emails to some lg devs and coax them into some cooperation haha

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Original: (Thanks for pointing that out shortyjacobs)
ro.lge.proximity.delay=100

What I changed it to:
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25

This sounds like it changes the blinking rate of the IR Led. If anyone has a digital camera (digital cameras can see IR), try recording the area immediately left of the "Virgin mobile" logo while making a call at different proximity delay values, and then compare it to a recording of the stock/rodimus rom. You'll see a very faint light blinking. I think it is a matter of the sensor missing the moment when your head pulls away. If we can match the blinking rate to the value used in the stock rom, I think it'll solve the problem. In the Scott Pilgrim thread, the person that found the solution reports that it is not 100% solved yet. I think if the LED blinks too fast, it will either overwhelm the sensor or needlessly use up battery, and if it blinks too slow, it'll miss your head moving away. If I had a camera on me I would test it out, but this phone is my only camera for now.

Lunacy1134

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
There may be something to this "ro.lge.proximity.delay = X" thing. In my /system/build.prop file I didn't even have an entry for ro.lge.proximity.delay. So I added "ro.lge.proximity.delay = 100" to just experiment.

I have a feeling that it isn't being set correctly without that entry. Will update with how things go, but in a preliminary test call the proximity sensor worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chef_

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
aosp
Yesterday, 05:59 PM

"should have a new one up for you guys sometime today stay tuned"

Thats a quote from the original xda thread from the creator of this rom. Though it still hasnt been updated there yet either but sounds like it should be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.