ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Will we be able to get MMS on a gingerbread rom before VM sends out the update?

BUMPity BUMP!!

Hope so. I dont think VM has said any date on the update yet.

This ROM flys!! everything works on mine except for MMS (recieve) as we all know.

Nice job either way!!! thank you!

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Does any one know of an app that will shut off 3G when the screen locks and goes black? Green Power worked on 2.2 but not on this one. Also Quicksettings doesnt work either manually. Also Quicksettings doesnt work for Hotspot either. Any ideas?

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool I'll play with this one until then.

The only thing that is bothering me is that nothing I have tried works to shut off the 3G when I lock the screen. I dont think too many apps are updated for that yet including "Juice Defender", it says it on the main app screen. Any one have an idea let me know. For now I have a power widget on my desktop for fast on and off manually.

Weird, I cant charge the phone while its off. It just keeps booting up regardless. lol oh well I love it anyways!

Last edited:

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I go into Setting > Wireless & networks and then I try to enable Wi-Fi, but it says "Error" directly under it everytime. Could someone tell me if I did something wrong?

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Awesome.. I figured out it was the Kernel I used that made it so I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi (Xionia's "Kernel Only Edition"). I had to use the "CM7 Edition".

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ill post my question here rather than make a new thread, i just hope i can get an answer.

I'm running aphrodite 1.1 which is Froyo 2.2 + stock rom,

I will sacrifice MMS to try 2.3 but i need to know, are there ANY major issues with this build?

basically, is ANYTHING besides the MMS broken? also, i heard there was a problem with the home and back keys or something being switched. is that an issue with the latest build or is that all sorted?

one more thing, if you compare a FRESH install of this rom vs a FRESH install of stock + xiona beta 2, which has better battery life?

MMS and BT handset are still borked.
Some people get the BT to connect while others cant at all.
I could connect BT and use it to stream my music but the phone handset never worked.

The Keys thing is because its a port for the S and not specifically for the V. But its changed in this rom.

I cant comment on your other question as I rooted and went straight to this rom then to zefies S rom.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ill post my question here rather than make a new thread, i just hope i can get an answer.

I'm running aphrodite 1.1 which is Froyo 2.2 + stock rom,

I will sacrifice MMS to try 2.3 but i need to know, are there ANY major issues with this build?

basically, is ANYTHING besides the MMS broken? also, i heard there was a problem with the home and back keys or something being switched. is that an issue with the latest build or is that all sorted?

one more thing, if you compare a FRESH install of this rom vs a FRESH install of stock + xiona beta 2, which has better battery life?

I see you were answered on most of the questions but the battery life. I just installed the 2.3 Rom and it's awesome. I am testing the battery life now and will post a report later today. So far it seems to be consuming more but I cant be sure until I reset the battery in my recovery menu when I'm at 100%. I'll be posting back soon.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey if you guys want your hotspot to work on 2.3 the app "Wireless Tethering" works very well, it's free in the Market. Quicksettings does not work anymore!

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
"The GPS icon stays up when I'm done with the GPS, until I reboot my phone. Weird."

That is weird...I just ran navigation and it turned on next to my wifi icon but then turned off when I backed out. Maybe its the app your using? It may stil be running in the background.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That is weird...I just ran navigation and it turned on next to my wifi icon but then turned off when I backed out. Maybe its the app your using? It may stil be running in the background.

Nah, it's not that. I make sure that it's not running in the background. Also, I'm using google navigation. For me, there's really no need for any other nav apps. I think i'm actually going to flash to the 0324 version. By the way, what's "vanilla" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams