ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

482123#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total noob. I flashed this ROM following instructions in the Wiki. It worked and the new ROM was working great the first boot, but now I'm stuck at the Android boot screen after the 2nd boot. Any help?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I pulled the battery and booted into recovery. I then did a factory reset and that seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:

shakefu

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Stock Gingerbread Launcher?

In the interest of not messing up a sweet ROM install, how do I get the regular gingerbread launcher back - Zeam is fast but I prefer the stock 2.3.3 launcher... I see some gingerbread launchers in the market but they say they are for 2.2 so I didn't venture down that route....

Oh, and awesome job on the ROM - only CM7 so far that I have stuck with on either the optimus S or V. Top notch.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I would be the first on to say it's impossible to get more than 24 hours on a single charge on this rom, but I have achieved it. I'm going 12th hours with 76% with moderate to heavy use. My secret? Use Tasker to disable 3G once screen is off and to turn it back on when screen is unlocked. I don't have it set to turn on when screen turns on because sometimes I turn my screen on to check the time. So that would be pointless. Try it guys.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would be the first on to say it's impossible to get more than 24 hours on a single charge on this rom, but I have achieved it. I'm going 12th hours with 76% with moderate to heavy use. My secret? Use Tasker to disable 3G once screen is off and to turn it back on when screen is unlocked. I don't have it set to turn on when screen turns on because sometimes I turn my screen on to check the time. So that would be pointless. Try it guys.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

I was doing this since the day I bought the phone and it made a huge difference. Now I have this ROM. Today I used it for 9 hours taking lots pics at the fair and surfing at times and had 75% left when I got home! Cutting off 3G is the best way to get the most life out of your battery. Regarding turning your phone on to check the time, as long as you dont unlock it the 3G will not come on if you set 3G ON only when unlocking phone with Tasker. You can see the time in the phone lock screen.

As some have noticed this Rom drains the heck out of the battery in WiFi. My phone gets pretty hot too. I know its normal to warm up but the drain is pretty fast. I go from 100% to 90% in 30-40 mins of WiFi regardless if I am downloading or surfing, it just has to be on. I hope some fix comes out for this because 2.2 wasnt that bad.

Last edited:

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
As some have noticed this Rom drains the heck out of the battery in WiFi. My phone gets pretty hot too. I know its normal to warm up but the drain is pretty fast. I go from 100% to 90% in 30-40 mins of WiFi regardless if I am downloading or surfing, it just has to be on. I hope some fix comes out for this because 2.2 wasnt that bad.

It's odd too because having Wifi turn off when screen shuts off is a built in Android feature and it shouldn't eat up the battery. It should mirror what disabling 3G does... to an extent. Odd! :-\

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's odd too because having Wifi turn off when screen shuts off is a built in Android feature and it shouldn't eat up the battery. It should mirror what disabling 3G does... to an extent. Odd! :-\

You can off 3G with power control widget or notification widget as well. Data on in bad service area = death of battery.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

No my Wifi stays on when screen locks unless I was to add it in Tasker same as my 3G shut off. I was just commenting it uses alot more battery then 3G especially on GB, alot more then Froyo.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You can off 3G with power control widget or notification widget as well. Data on in bad service area = death of battery.

I know, I had that before but I kept leaving it on so the auto on and off in Tasker really helps. I can always disable Tasker when I want it to stay on while in screen lock mode, Like when I am wifi tethering. It all works perfect, i cant complain at all.

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you downgrade to a 2.2 rom, and change the recovery on this. Everytime i try, it sends me to a blue fastboot screen instead of the recovery i was tryin to instal...

Status
Not open for further replies.