ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starire70

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with the native wifi hotspot rebooting the phone? I tried it when I first flashed the update and it worked but now every time I turn it on it reboots the phone. I wonder if its because I turned on wpa have to test that.

9:30am
Nevermind turned wpa off no reboot turned it back on and no reboot guess that fixed it or it fixed itself.

Last edited:

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine hasn't changed since I flashed a custom UOT kitchen theme. Now any cm7 theme I install wont change. Grrr

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

I could be wrong, but I think if you are flashing a kitchen mod over a theme, you have to select the .apk for the theme and not the framework-res and systemui.apk.

unkuser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody test "My Location".
See if the rom can get the location using Wifi + Cell Tower? In other words AGPS.

Go the the stock weather and news. Select refresh.

Thanks.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Question....I have the previous rom and was wondering what I need to do to get the same black menu and icons on top if I decide to install this one?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. 100% battery remaining at 7 hours and 10 minutes at idle. I also left wifi on all night.

I wish I could say the same.

That can't be right, can it? Maybe you need to recalibrate the battery stats?
Can't be. I left for 3-4 hours today at 100%. The phone was in my pocket most of the time and by the time I got home, I was at 40%... But I do plan on doing a calibration to be sure.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could say the same.

Can't be. I left for 3-4 hours today at 100%. The phone was in my pocket most of the time and by the time I got home, I was at 40%... But I do plan on doing a calibration to be sure.

Yeah, it was at 100 for 7 hours, but then as it went onto 8, it went down to about 96. But I think that's still pretty good. No more stupid cell standby bug.

Starire70

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery life does seem to be way better in this version. I did a battery calibration yesterday and did a full cycle charge last night and today and even with wifi on and set to never sleep I'm only losing about 1% per hour also left sync, 3g and gps on.

Right now 6 hours 14 min on battery and the battery at 94% but I have not used the phone beside to dl the new amazon free app, check mail and check the battery every hour. I'm also in a place where the cell signal isn't very good so my time without signal is at 27%.

So if this holds up could go 100hrs with everything on with very lite use, phone more or less idle.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine just did a strange thing, I rebooted into recovery to make a backup, after installing this, and not my PC won't "see" the phone, it was fine until I rebooted the phone.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine just did a strange thing, I rebooted into recovery to make a backup, after installing this, and not my PC won't "see" the phone, it was fine until I rebooted the phone.

I hate to sound like a phone-technical-support rep here, but did you check to be sure it's plugged in all the way?

I had the same issue last week, turns out my USB cable was slightly pulled out of my PC. I also had the issue prior to that when the USB cable wasn't completely pushed into the phone. Both times I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I reverted to the basics, check power, check cables, etc. ;)

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I hate to sound like a phone-technical-support rep here, but did you check to be sure it's plugged in all the way?

I had the same issue last week, turns out my USB cable was slightly pulled out of my PC. I also had the issue prior to that when the USB cable wasn't completely pushed into the phone. Both times I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I reverted to the basics, check power, check cables, etc. ;)

Lol, yeah, I checked all of that

Sent from my LG Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech