ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gattibom

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I received a a top up MMS on this rom today and it worked fine. Is that an anomaly or a known non-issue related to the VM MMS encryption?

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Anyone having trouble streaming audio? MLB at bat and a few other internet radio apps won't work. Might be network issue for me but just wanted to check here before I reflash everything.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I received a a top up MMS on this rom today and it worked fine. Is that an anomaly or a known non-issue related to the VM MMS encryption?

Do you mean a SMS? I just got the phone and am not sure but I would think top up reminders come in SMS format not MMS right?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
After a recalibration, I think all is normal. Over a 4-hour period I lost 3% per hour. This is with Wifi-Keep alive activated (so I do not miss voip calls), and a few app's pulling in data. (weather every 6-hours, Launcher Pro widgets every 3 hours, and voip always sends it's heartbeat). I could bring that 3% down with a couple changes.

Cell Standby = 33%
WI-FI = 33%
Phone idle = 33%

Last edited:
Reactions: ashton4life

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
How do I get quadrant up to 1600+? I have this Tom and overclock to 864 but the highest I can get quadrant is 1000. Just wondering, love the rom!

Last edited:

valentinb102

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
questions

I have a few questions about this rom.

If I need to reprovision the phone is there any way of doing so without installing a stock rom to do it? Im referring to the activate app.

Have the battery drain issues been fixed since the last update?

Can I install this rom using the CWMA v1.2518.4 recovery that I got from Romtools?

And finally, where can I find out whats been fixed? I've been on the romrepo page but that doesn't say much. It also seems like nobody's updated the site in a while.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I know this may not concern many folks but I thought I would mention it anyway.

2.3.3, seems to have many problems with apps associated with video. It falls back to the OpenCore codec system that Google dropped starting with 2.3.1 from my understanding. Great Applications like "Plex" (Air Video for Android) fail to work. You will hear the audio but get no video. I am not sure if a simple edit of a few configs could fix the issue or not. But none the less, problems like this are not present in 2.2.1.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried Plex yet, but I just browsed the forums and wiki at plexapp.com and noticed the video quality settings. Perhaps if you lower the video quality it will stream in?

I also noticed info about plugins, which you may need:
I cannot see my favorite plugin on Android - where is it!?
1. Within your Plex Media Server go to Preferences/Advanced and check the box that says 'Disable Capabiliy Checking'.
2. Restart the application - on Android you may need to kill or power cycle the device.
3. Startup Plex for Android - they should now be in Plex Online if you've not yet installed them - you may do so now.
4. After they're installed you will find plugins in 'Video Plugins', 'Photo Plugins', or 'Music Plugins' from the root menu.

Have you tried VLC?

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If someone has time can u please pm me, I am having nothing but trouble installing this, it constantly freezes at the android start up sign

482123#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If someone has time can u please pm me, I am having nothing but trouble installing this, it constantly freezes at the android start up sign

I was having the same problem at first. You need to make sure do a Wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. Then under Partitions menu (or Mounts & Storage in 3.0.0.6) in recovery: Format boot, system, data, cache. Under advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache.

Then flash the Rom, then Gapps.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Battery drain seems worse on the newest release for me, can't figure out why. Haven't installed any different apps or anything. Anyone suggest some tips? I normally have everything off (GPS, Bluetooth, etc...) and other normal battery saving tricks. Maybe a new kernel would help me?

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery life only "looks" bad. The phone will drop to 50% battery within 2 hours of being off the charger but after 50% it drops extremely slow. I use the phone heavy for text web Facebook chat and the girl friend grabs it as soon as I set it down to play angry birds and I'm still getting 10-12 hours on this build. I have not done anything to it other then the 50% time without a signal fix and a reboot once a day. (Usually right after shutting off the alarm in the morn and before I get in the shower. Something I got used to dealing with on the hero.)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
My battery life only "looks" bad. The phone will drop to 50% battery within 2 hours of being off the charger but after 50% it drops extremely slow. I use the phone heavy for text web Facebook chat and the girl friend grabs it as soon as I set it down to play angry birds and I'm still getting 10-12 hours on this build. I have not done anything to it other then the 50% time without a signal fix and a reboot once a day. (Usually right after shutting off the alarm in the morn and before I get in the shower. Something I got used to dealing with on the hero.)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Well I'm a moderate to heavy user and I'm only getting about 6 hours per charge. I'm trying the 013 kernel, if that doesn't fix my battery life than I guess I'll just flash back to stock then to ASOP again and go from there. 50% mod changes nothing with mine and newest release fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.