ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerealohs

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with downloading and installing market apps after the update to the latest ROM version? I reflashed the latest version of the GoogleApps.zip during the install process, but no beans... Is my SD card borked? Maybe there's a step I missed. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would like to say thank you for all the efforts and accomplishments on these Roms. This last one is fantastic that you were able to get MMS working. Many thought it could not be done but you (all) did it. I say all since I dont know if it was more then one person that did it. Great Rom and I really appreciate it! Keep worken on it!!!! BT next!

Thanks!!!!!
:cool:

Last edited:

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
MMS Outgoing

Before i had this update of aosp. Most of the time i wouldn't even be able to send a mms, just keep saying sending over and over. then i got this today and i could send, it would take like 10-15 seconds. now i can't send at all. No wifi is not on. Yes data is on (3g)
any idea guys? any help would be greatly appreciated.

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Swype not working? After i slide through the word, the area around they keyboard flashes(yellow?) and the word is not inputted.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having the horrendous battery problems that i'm having? I'm having it with Every single ROM! And I was told this ROM is the only ROM without the TWS bug, but my phone keeps dying after about 6 hours of use. I also have an Optimus S, and it gets about 14 hours a day, and that's under heavy to moderate usage, I also have the most recent version of Zefie's CM7 on the Optimus S so WTF? Any clues?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Swype not working? After i slide through the word, the area around they keyboard flashes(yellow?) and the word is not inputted.

Mine does the same thing but blue, not that the color seems to matter. I uninstalled swype and reinstalled and worked for a bit then back to that issue. I guess I'll just have to unspoil myself lol. Swype made texting while driving very easy...yes I know it's not legal anymore and is dangerous.

I guess now I'll try Better Keyboard or one of those that is skinable and see how I like those.

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having the horrendous battery problems that i'm having? I'm having it with Every single ROM! And I was told this ROM is the only ROM without the TWS bug, but my phone keeps dying after about 6 hours of use. I also have an Optimus S, and it gets about 14 hours a day, and that's under heavy to moderate usage, I also have the most recent version of Zefie's CM7 on the Optimus S so WTF? Any clues?

Check other people's set ups here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...344-measure-your-battery-life-brag-about.html
and here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...attery-drain-optimization-tests-part-2-a.html

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Before i had this update of aosp. Most of the time i wouldn't even be able to send a mms, just keep saying sending over and over. then i got this today and i could send, it would take like 10-15 seconds. now i can't send at all. No wifi is not on. Yes data is on (3g)
any idea guys? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Initially this happened to me. And it happened when I changed the theme.
A quick reboot and everything works fine.
SO make sure after changing themes or anything of that nature to reboot the phone.

Aside, in all previous incarnations of this rom and Zefies Ive been able to use the fix permission from the recovery menu. It caused a major boot loop and freeze on this release. I havent went inside rom manager yet as I really dont wanna restore again lol. I guess Ill do a backup and try it later.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing but blue, not that the color seems to matter. I uninstalled swype and reinstalled and worked for a bit then back to that issue. I guess I'll just have to unspoil myself lol. Swype made texting while driving very easy...yes I know it's not legal anymore and is dangerous.

I guess now I'll try Better Keyboard or one of those that is skinable and see how I like those.
I had this happen the first time i got onto a custom rom, it was fixed when i held my finger on the box to type, chose input, chose the android keyboard and then back to swype. Lately though i have been using the regular keyboard because i have to do that everytime i reboot to get swype to work properly.

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with 3G on this ROM? My 3G does not connect anymore; 'mobile network state' is stuck in disconnected. This is similar to when I flashed the sprint froyo on my intercept and lost 3g.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue where the bottom right side voice button or camera button puts the device to sleep?

Nope works like it should for me, the only difference is that it doesnt vibrate when completely pressed on the second level. The camera turns on much faster too.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

After I completely installed the Beta of Swype via their website as I did, I just hold down on the field I want to write on until it gives you the input option then I chose Android then I do it again and chose Swype and it works fine after. You have to do that after every reboot to make it work. Its a bug I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.