ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Derp. Sorry! I said ROMTools, but I meant ROM Manager.

There's no option in ROM Manager for any version of the Optimus, despite the fact that we have a compatible version of CWMod

Compatible and supported is two totally different things.

Koush has stated many times it is up to the dev community to submit the code to the servers and request to have the device added.

If you look at the list of devices supported by RM it is very small.
Just part of the game.

RaeFlynne

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Compatible and supported is two totally different things.

Koush has stated many times it is up to the dev community to submit the code to the servers and request to have the device added.

If you look at the list of devices supported by RM it is very small.
Just part of the game.

Rrrrrright... And my initial question was if we couldn't try to make that happen... `-`a

It got a little sidetracked when I said ROM Tools instead of ROM Manager, you see...

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i can use the debugging zip file that zephie provides with this rom also correct? instead of doing the cmd's?

It depends on what recovery you are using.
Personally doing the commands is better because you know for a fact they are done.
And your not relying on some script to execute the commands.

@RaeFlynne I was just stating the facts of how Clockwork/Rom manager is. There was some drama with Koush a while back and people was trying to rip on him because something was taken out of context. It is pretty simple to get RM and CWM to support if you can get the group of devs to approach him. They guy is more than happy to add any device that has a community that is just googoo over it. However at once support is added its up to the device community to maintain things and I think that is what holds back many devices.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what recovery you are using.
Personally doing the commands is better because you know for a fact they are done.
And your not relying on some script to execute the commands.

im using clockworkmod. i flashed my rom from cm7 to aospcmod and everything seems to working fine. what should i look out for?

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I like flash my stock rom to aospcmod, What's simply method for newbie? Can anyone provide step to step from recovery to flash. Also, on first post there are the diff rom, what's diff on each of them?

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I like flash my stock rom to aospcmod, What's simply method for newbie? Can anyone provide step to step from recovery to flash. Also, on first post there are the diff rom, what's diff on each of them?

ROMTools, it doesn't get any easier than that.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

ok, first off you need to creat a custom recover, if your rooted, download terminal emulator. second find the newest img. of clockworkmod. just download it, put it on your sd card, then using emulator type the cmd's :

su
flash_image recover /sdcard/"image name" (without quotes)
reboot recovery

next youll need to make a back up.
after the back up is complete go ahead and download the two files (from aosp thread,you dont need the cwmod since you already downloaded it if your doing this in the order i stated)and put them onto your sd card
next youll need to download the debug file from zephies current cm7 thread and throw that on your sdcard
install the debug file(with clockwork mod), wipe data/factory reset, go to advanced wipe dalvick cache, then wipe battery stats, then install the aospcmod file.then install gapps, then reboot... should work
if not let me know.

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
ok, first off you need to creat a custom recover, if your rooted, download terminal emulator. second find the newest img. of clockworkmod. just download it, put it on your sd card, then using emulator type the cmd's :

su
flash_image recover /sdcard/"image name" (without quotes)
reboot recovery

next youll need to make a back up.
after the back up is complete go ahead and download the two files (from aosp thread,you dont need the cwmod since you already downloaded it if your doing this in the order i stated)and put them onto your sd card
next youll need to download the debug file from zephies current cm7 thread and throw that on your sdcard
install the debug file(with clockwork mod), wipe data/factory reset, go to advanced wipe dalvick cache, then wipe battery stats, then install the aospcmod file.then install gapps, then reboot... should work
if not let me know.

My optimus V is rooted shows in Titanium backup.. somehow App 2 SD can't move map in SD. don't know it completely rooted or not.

I guese I'll try ROMTools. It should have option to create custom recover rite?

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My optimus V is rooted shows in Titanium backup.. somehow App 2 SD can't move map in SD. don't know it completely rooted or not.

I guese I'll try ROMTools. It should have option to create custom recover rite?

yes do a complete backup before you start anything, you dont wanna brick your phone and have nothing to go back to. get root checker from the market to show if your rooted. you dont need to move any apps around to flash a rom, im not sure if i quite understand what you mean by"somehow App 2 SD can't move map in SD."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463