ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Worked fine for me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

What did you connect it to? bluetooth headset or car stereo head unit with bluetooth?

The reason I brought this up is because with the stock LG rom it worked flawlessly, but with this it cannot get a stable connection. Dont get me wrong this rom is great, just not being able to connect to my car head unit which I use all the time to stream music from Pandora.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What did you connect it to? bluetooth headset or car stereo head unit with bluetooth?

The reason I brought this up is because with the stock LG rom it worked flawlessly, but with this it cannot get a stable connection. Dont get me wrong this rom is great, just not being able to connect to my car head unit which I use all the time to stream music from Pandora.

Sorry misread your post. I haven't tried Bluetooth for music just file transfers. But now that you posted this its something Ill have to try. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried the latest build 4/29 I think and it is still having issues with connecting to other bluetooth audio devices.

LG V.

If you are using the 4-29 build I hope you don't have an optimus v. that one is for the HTC Hero. If you look at the letters HC= Hero, OV= Optimus V. The latest build for the optimus v is the 4-27 build.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the 4-29 build I hope you don't have an optimus v. that one is for the HTC Hero. If you look at the letters HC= Hero, OV= Optimus V. The latest build for the optimus v is the 4-27 build.

I meant the 4/27 build
aospCMod-OV-20110427-signed

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
they dont even have a link to the download anymore..

It seems to be a mystery as to why, unless there has been some info given at xda nobody knows why. People just keep saying check twitter. And there is nothing on twitter about it. Maybe dburg can enlighten us as to the reason for pulling the links.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, they had links up on the Twitter account, grabbed them both and just flashed custom recovery, and now my phone won't boot. I'm not too worried, it's probably my fault, but I just thought I'd say something in case anyone else was thinking about trying. Again, probably MY fault, but just relaying my experience.

What links are you guys talking about?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
In the first post, there is a link to a Twitter account, and the last tweet was links to the latest (as noted in first post) recovery / rom downloads. I tried to flash the recovery, but couldn't get it to boot into recovery. Might have been my fault though. Not really sure. Didn't get any errors though.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's a way to make things easier for the dev. He can just post new builds to twitter, and not worry about updating multiple threads across various forums. Not too mention he retains control over things, like the mess that happened last month in the xda thread.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I dunno would be nice to have somebody come and explain why.

I also think according to AC rules you have to have links to the files. Not just to a website.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be a mystery as to why, unless there has been some info given at xda nobody knows why. People just keep saying check twitter. And there is nothing on twitter about it. Maybe dburg can enlighten us as to the reason for pulling the links.

I believe because the OP on XDA was locked for a time being. His twitter is always available. I suppose I can put the links up in the OP. I just mimic his OP

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be a mystery as to why, unless there has been some info given at xda nobody knows why.

Yeah, this is why I basically gave up ever trying to run this rom again. If it is really that difficult to let people know what is being worked on or has been fixed in this or that release then I refuse to risk my phone. I wouldn't be so hot about it but I had people jumping down my throat about it on xda, putting all sorts of words in my mouth--then the thread was locked before I could respond. Needless to say, it really soured me on the whole thing. I hardly ever go there any more these days and greatly prefer the atmosphere here.

--bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There are links to github, google.code, etc, so a link to a twitter page that acts as a code repository shouldn't be an issue under forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463