ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There are links to github, google.code, etc, so a link to a twitter page that acts as a code repository shouldn't be an issue under forum rules.
Yea I have seen those. And I dont think its a strictly enforced rule, but just for reference.
The thing that kinda bugs me about the situation is the rom and cwmod were pulled but not the gapps. Dunno why just kinda bugged me.

Dburg thanks for reposting them, if asop says not to then we can live with it. Again thanks for reposting them.

@bornagainpenguin xda is a good place to get info, if you can navigate the search. However like you I have seen people get tore into for crazy reasons. I also balked at the fact no change log is ever posted and we are suppose to goto his site to look at it. /shrug.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
@bornagainpenguin xda is a good place to get info, if you can navigate the search. However like you I have seen people get tore into for crazy reasons.

That was why I originally joined up with xda--so I could search easier for information there. Haven't been back that much lately though since I got blasted for asking for more information by a guy who acted like I was demanding AOSP hand deliver the ROM to me...

I also balked at the fact no change log is ever posted and we are suppose to goto his site to look at it. /shrug.

I wouldn't even minded having to go to his site for the information--over at the xda thread in question I posted the places on his site that I found information about the ROM to show I wasn't one of those people who refuse to do a bit of researching on their own... The problem was even going to the site yielded no real change log. (No this does not count.)

--bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can make your decision on what ROM to use based on whatever factors you want. I personally don't decide based on the postings of users who have had a bad day and took it out on a thread. I try out the software for myself, and then decide if I like it. I have yet to read a changelog that actually described the changes made rather than just listing them.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what Jerry said.

Blizzard Entertainment is a multi-billion dollar company and they barely have change logs worked out.

I wouldn't expect an enthusiast to jot down every single change.
On second thought, let's eliminate the whole expectation thing altogether. ;)

Let's play with these suckers and see what's changed up, that's all.
We owe them that for their time at least, eh?

-K

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to read a changelog that actually described the changes made rather than just listing them.

I wouldn't expect an enthusiast to jot down every single change.
On second thought, let's eliminate the whole expectation thing altogether. ;)
-K
I dont expect devs to write everything out.
But atleast like you said Jerry list the things worked out this time.
Most people will do that and trying to figure it out on asops site is kinda challenging.

/shrug

I just like to see whether or not its worth me installing or not.

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This rom (4/27 version) was working great. I installed cyanbreadx theme from the market and now Market keeps closing everytime I try to run it. There is no message about force closing either, just tries to load and then closes the 'window'. I will try to re-install from scratch. I hate to lose the app settings but might have to bite the bullet.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't decide based on the postings of users who have had a bad day and took it out on a thread.

It was more than that, as evidenced by the locking of the thread at XDA. Clearly the moderators agreed with those "having a bad day" or at least they certainly did not care enough to keep the thread on tack.

I have yet to read a changelog that actually described the changes made rather than just listing them.

Maybe, but certainly I expect better of something that could cost me $200.00 than what we're getting. I mean..well let's just look at the "change log" posted here...

Code:
aospCMod-OV-20110427 	27 Apr 2011:
    * Sync'd with CM source
    * BT Testing? Please report bugs on thread.

Code:
aospCMod-OV-20110415 	15 Apr 2011:
    * Sync'd with CM source
    * Changelog broke again.
    * <hellraiser> aosp no change log here!!!
    * Incoming MMS fixed.
    * ^ THATS SMART!

Code:
aospCMod-OV-20110403 	03 Apr 2011:
    * Sync'd with CM source
    * Changelog fixed.

Code:
aospCMod-OV-20110322-and beyond:
Why don't you flash it and find out for your self.
Its ok, everything will be alright.

* Sync'd with CM source
    * Bug 1: Changelog broke.
    * Bug 2: Changelog broke....idk?

Somehow I'm just not inspired with confidence by this listing of changes made. Err...what changes were made exactly?

See I'm not looking for this elaborate description so much as what we see in the April 27th posting, which while sparse at least gives us an area to focus on! I know in that change log that changes have been made to the bluetooth functionality and so if I were to flash the ROM I would be looking for ways to test that out and report back any successes or failures. This is the way it is supposed to work--since I cannot code I should try to give back by testing what I can because open source is supposed to be a two way street.

Telling people to "just try it" is worthless and can cause all sorts of trouble with people bricking their phones, as we've seen by the many many threads where just that is happening! If I'm going to take the risk, at least make it worthwhile and let me know what we're looking for!

--bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, but certainly I expect better of something that could cost me $200.00 than what we're getting.

This is the issue, the ROM cost you nothing, even if you (hopefully) donated, that's a donation.

You can't complain about something you get for free! Instead, you offer to help make it better!

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This is the issue, the ROM cost you nothing

No, that was the price of the phone. With taxes it came out to be $213.00 to be exact. If the ROM doesn't work or bricks the device it costs me the phone. Do you now understand what I am saying there?

You can't complain about something you get for free! Instead, you offer to help make it better!

Is your understanding of English deficient? Isn't that what i said I was trying to do?

See I'm not looking for this elaborate description so much as what we see in the April 27th posting, which while sparse at least gives us an area to focus on! I know in that change log that changes have been made to the bluetooth functionality and so if I were to flash the ROM I would be looking for ways to test that out and report back any successes or failures. This is the way it is supposed to work--since I cannot code I should try to give back by testing what I can because open source is supposed to be a two way street.

Some emphasis added to hopefully make you see what I'm writing instead of this strawman you insist on responding to.

--bornagainpenguin

EDIT -- Oh brother, you're the guy who was giving me the business over at xda. Forget this, I'm done. You have successfully trolled me twice on two different sites, good for you but I refuse to be baited by you any more and will be ignoring further posts by you as soon as I can find the option in the forum software.

Last edited:

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The majority of changes are syncing with cms gerrit. When major bugs are fixed (like mms) it was told in the op. Bluetooth is a known bug. I'm sure aosp will let us know if/when it is resolved.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No, that was the price of the phone. With taxes it came out to be $213.00 to be exact. If the ROM doesn't work or bricks the device it costs me the phone. Do you now understand what I am saying there?

Is your understanding of English deficient? Isn't that what i said I was trying to do?

Some emphasis added to hopefully make you see what I'm writing instead of this strawman you insist on responding to.

--bornagainpenguin

EDIT -- Oh brother, you're the guy who was giving me the business over at xda. Forget this, I'm done. You have successfully trolled me twice on two different sites, good for you but I refuse to be baited by you any more and will be ignoring further posts by you as soon as I can find the option in the forum software.

You still don't get it, there are warnings about bricking your phone posted with each ROM, that's the risk you take. If you are not willing to take that risk, don't flash a custom ROM, play it safe with your stock $213 purchase and be happy.

It is very obvious custom ROMs are not for you.

Teh_Gaberz

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This was the first ROM I flashed to my phone, ans I'm impressed! And I'm glad I didn't brick my phone 'cause I'm a noob to this sort of stuff, lol. I've only had two small things, though.

When I record with the camcorder and go to play it back from the gallery, I'll either get a force close, or a "Sorry, this video can't be played". But that's not a big deal to me, since I rarely use the camcorder.

And whenever I plug in the phone while it's off, or turn off the phone while the charger is plugged into it, it doesn't turn off, it just reboots. Is there anyway to charge the phone while it's powered off on this ROM?

Sorry if these are noob questions, but thanks in advance, and thanks to whomever made this ROM! :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
And whenever I plug in the phone while it's off, or turn off the phone while the charger is plugged into it, it doesn't turn off, it just reboots. Is there anyway to charge the phone while it's powered off on this ROM?

There is no way to disable this. It's part of the setup of this rom/kernel and I don't think there is a way to change this setting.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This was the first ROM I flashed to my phone, ans I'm impressed! And I'm glad I didn't brick my phone 'cause I'm a noob to this sort of stuff, lol. I've only had two small things, though.

When I record with the camcorder and go to play it back from the gallery, I'll either get a force close, or a "Sorry, this video can't be played". But that's not a big deal to me, since I rarely use the camcorder.

Sorry if these are noob questions, but thanks in advance, and thanks to whomever made this ROM! :)

Try moboplayer on the market. Does it still fc?

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they're working on 2.3.4 AOSP and a new thread will be started?

2.3.4 requires kernel updates. Aosp has said in the irc room he is working on it. 2.3.4 fixes bugs adds more features. Thread will be the same because I'm lazy. Updates will always be on his twitter ill try to repost asap here.

Reactions: keystonep1mz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463