ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Jerry, we're talking on two different forums. Yeah, the wallpaper issue actually happened before I restored my apps.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Flash the gapps right after the rom. I have had trouble sometimes with it hanging on the boot screen but I just did the good old battery pull and on the next boot it worked.

Some apps dont like TB so on some of them I just download them from the market and then restore just the data from my backup.

Reactions: mjs2011

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I had thought for sure I had bricked my phone, especially after pulling the battery. I think I'll just reflash tonight and be patient when restoring apps. If anything, maybe it would be better for me to just go back to the market. It's a good way to start fresh and clean up the apps I don't use.

Update: everything seemed to work this time. I just decided not to restore my apps and just redownload them from the Market to avoid any issues. I'm not sure if I'll go through the trouble of getting Swype back. Trying Better Keyboard right now.

As far as getting stuck on the reboot issue, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'm hoping the issue was due to all the restoring of the apps. It's good to know that others have had the issue as well.

So my next question is....what kind of cool tips/tricks should I be doing with this new ROM (this is my first custom ROM if you haven't noticed)? I already upped the CPU in the 700's. Anything else? Or is there a guide somewhere that shows all the cool things you can do with a new ROM?

Thanks for all the help. You've all been very kind.

Last edited:

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Could someone be so kind as to post a vid of how The UI runs on their phone. Maybe im doing something wrong. I even had virgin mobile send me a new phone thinking it was maybe something with the phone itself and the Still the UI is not smooth.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but a native over at the nexusone.net,
What are you running?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am running the latest aospROM downloaded from this site
P.S. This is a completely fresh install, no apps are on the phone as of yet. not even the GAPPS

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the system hasn't loaded completely, and this appearance usually indicates an issue with the caches. Make sure you wiped them ALL! You might even consider doing the factory reset in recovery, NOT UNDER PHONE SETTINGS! You seem to have a conflict somewhere that is preventing the system from completely loading.

youngSWi

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, I just installed this rom and have no market...? What? Does someone have the apk from their current asop rom that i can push and flash or whatever? Im back on bumblebee right nw working fine again.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, I just installed this rom and have no market...? What? Does someone have the apk from their current asop rom that i can push and flash or whatever? Im back on bumblebee right nw working fine again.

Did u flash the gapps zip?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Love the rom but one issue for me, I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I had rodimus I used to charge with the phone off overnight, it's just what I did, and when i turn the phone off and plug it in it just boots straight up and turns back on, just need a clarification this is normal or not

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Love the rom but one issue for me, I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I had rodimus I used to charge with the phone off overnight, it's just what I did, and when i turn the phone off and plug it in it just boots straight up and turns back on, just need a clarification this is normal or not

That is normal behavior with this ROM.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

This is in no way normal for all ROMs but I guess this is just another bug with AOSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar