ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua.justice

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Love the rom but one issue for me, I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I had rodimus I used to charge with the phone off overnight, it's just what I did, and when i turn the phone off and plug it in it just boots straight up and turns back on, just need a clarification this is normal or not

Finally!

Someone else with my issue. I'd discovered this with my first install of this. It's the only downside to thus rom. And the occasional bootloop :/

jmars125

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this was stated a while back that this rom doesn't exactly turn off I think they removed It not sure but pretty sure this was talked about in the past for this rom.

foxmajik

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that there's a problem with the phone app:

When I get a phone call, if I accidentally touch any part of the screen other than the round green "pick up call" button the phone app crashes and the call drops.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that there's a problem with the phone app:

When I get a phone call, if I accidentally touch any part of the screen other than the round green "pick up call" button the phone app crashes and the call drops.

I just called myself three times, and tried pushing all parts of the screen before actually answering, cannot reproduce your bug.

Do you have any other dialers installed?

greenandgold

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Love the rom but one issue for me, I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but when I had rodimus I used to charge with the phone off overnight, it's just what I did, and when i turn the phone off and plug it in it just boots straight up and turns back on, just need a clarification this is normal or not

Doh, that's a bummer. I do this during the day even when I drop by the house and only have an hour or so to charge the phone. Turning it off and plugging it into the wall gets it charged rather quick. Hope this gets fixed.

bradmc

May 8, 2011
bradmc.com
Video Recording

Are the Camera zoom, sound in video, and blue tooth being worked on?

Is video recording with the stock camera app (or any app) working for anybody using this ROM?

I occasionally see questions like the one quoted above, both in this thread and the thread on the XDA Developers board, but nobody really replies other than one person who suggested it might be cpu speed problem, which it turned out not to be. (I apologize if I missed something)

I don?t see video recording mentioned on the wiki?s status page, which makes me wonder if it is working for most people. Or if maybe it?s not being looked at yet.

Hopefully I?m not being pushy by asking, but it?s the only thing keeping me from using this ROM. Otherwise, it absolutely rules. I can even live without bluetooth :)

What are other people experiencing with video recording? Is there some workaround I?m not catching?

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is video recording with the stock camera app (or any app) working for anybody using this ROM?

I don?t see video recording mentioned on the wiki?s status page, which makes me wonder if it is working for most people. Or if maybe it?s not being looked at yet.

camera is not working if prop.build is changed for Netflix. Put back thunderc record and reboot. Keep changed manufacturer and model only. Camera and netflix can work together. Or keep original build.prop and use hacked netflix.app.

bradmc

May 8, 2011
bradmc.com
Thanks for the quick replies. Since at least one person said it works okay for them, I thought I?d try it from scratch again. I?m just gonna list what happened here in case it?s helpful for anybody else, or in case it provides any clues to something I?ve mucked.

Recovery is Xionioa CWMA v1.2518.4, ROM is aospCMod-OV-20110427-signed.zip, GAPPS is aosp_gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip. The link to gapps-gb-20110503 on the wiki is broken, so I used what was linked from the forum posts. Before this, I had been using the Harmonia 1.2 ROM, and had also tried Rodimus and Bumblebee. This will be the third time I?ve flashed to this ROM from Harmonia. (maybe I?ll try it again after restoring the original stock backup instead)

I wiped data and cache, then formatted boot, system, data, and cache, then wiped Dalvik cache. Then flashed the ROM, then flashed GAPPS. Then I rebooted and went directly to the camera without making any other changes.

First recorded about 30 seconds, that goes okay. But when I stop, it goes to an all white screen in the large picture view area instead of a still frame. Clicking the slideshow icon brings up the big video play button as normal, but with a black screen instead of a still frame from the video. When trying to play it, I get the error ?Cannot play this video. Sorry, this video cannot be played.?. When I touch ?OK?, the entire screen goes black. So I touch the screen somewhere random, then the video plays 3 or 4 seconds, then pops up the same ?cannot be played? error again. Then when trying to play it again, the entire screen went black again. So I hit the back button this time and got a ?Cannot connect to camera? error that put me back into the launcher. Then when trying to go back into the camera, the phone actually rebooted.

After it rebooted, I tried playing a couple videos I?d recorded before rooting when the phone was still stock, and those played fine. Then when trying to play one of the videos I?d just recorded again, it played fine the first 2 or 3 seconds and then went into the same error stuff described above. Tried rebooting a few more times to see if anything would change, but no dice.

I notice that on the card, the video files created are m4v files, whereas the older videos created with the froyo ROMs were 3gp files. Maybe that?s just a difference between froyo and gingerbread, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Also, after restoring the original stock froyo ROM, and then Harmonia 1.2 again after that, these new m4v files play fine, both audio and video.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I know from those other messages that mention it that are at least a few others with similar problems, so thought I?d at least document this, fwiw.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. Since at least one person said it works okay for them, I thought I’d try it from scratch again. I’m just gonna list what happened here in case it’s helpful for anybody else, or in case it provides any clues to something I’ve mucked.

Recovery is Xionioa CWMA v1.2518.4, ROM is aospCMod-OV-20110427-signed.zip, GAPPS is aosp_gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip. The link to gapps-gb-20110503 on the wiki is broken, so I used what was linked from the forum posts. Before this, I had been using the Harmonia 1.2 ROM, and had also tried Rodimus and Bumblebee. This will be the third time I’ve flashed to this ROM from Harmonia. (maybe I’ll try it again after restoring the original stock backup instead)

I wiped data and cache, then formatted boot, system, data, and cache, then wiped Dalvik cache. Then flashed the ROM, then flashed GAPPS. Then I rebooted and went directly to the camera without making any other changes.

First recorded about 30 seconds, that goes okay. But when I stop, it goes to an all white screen in the large picture view area instead of a still frame. Clicking the slideshow icon brings up the big video play button as normal, but with a black screen instead of a still frame from the video. When trying to play it, I get the error “Cannot play this video. Sorry, this video cannot be played.”. When I touch “OK”, the entire screen goes black. So I touch the screen somewhere random, then the video plays 3 or 4 seconds, then pops up the same “cannot be played” error again. Then when trying to play it again, the entire screen went black again. So I hit the back button this time and got a “Cannot connect to camera” error that put me back into the launcher. Then when trying to go back into the camera, the phone actually rebooted.

After it rebooted, I tried playing a couple videos I’d recorded before rooting when the phone was still stock, and those played fine. Then when trying to play one of the videos I’d just recorded again, it played fine the first 2 or 3 seconds and then went into the same error stuff described above. Tried rebooting a few more times to see if anything would change, but no dice.

I notice that on the card, the video files created are m4v files, whereas the older videos created with the froyo ROMs were 3gp files. Maybe that’s just a difference between froyo and gingerbread, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Also, after restoring the original stock froyo ROM, and then Harmonia 1.2 again after that, these new m4v files play fine, both audio and video.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I know from those other messages that mention it that are at least a few others with similar problems, so thought I’d at least document this, fwiw.

I would try redownloading the files and check their MD5 codes to make sure ur not getting corruption. If they check out then wipe and flash again.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would stop using a different recovery than the one posted with the aospCM7 ROM. Always use the recovery posted for the ROM, as there could be scripting differences.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been running Thunderc recovery since root and have run almost every ROM on here without issue unless I fail to wipe everything.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been running Thunderc recovery since root and have run almost every ROM on here without issue unless I fail to wipe everything.

Again use the suggested recovery for the rom listed.
They all should be fine but there COULD be a problem with the latest build and the recovery you are using.
I have not had any problems using the various recoveries flashing roms.
However that doesnt mean you wont or that I wont at some point.

Tis easy to flash recovery why not try that?

bradmc

May 8, 2011
bradmc.com
Still No Luck

I would stop using a different recovery than the one posted with the aospCM7 ROM. Always use the recovery posted for the ROM, as there could be scripting differences.

I would try redownloading the files and check their MD5 codes to make sure ur not getting corruption. If they check out then wipe and flash again.

I just tried again using a completely different computer (a win7 machine rather than my usual vmware winxp on os x). Used a different USB cable. I downloaded the ROM and GAPPS and checked MD5. And I followed the instructions for a completely new install on the wiki for this ROM to the letter, which means I flashed the recommended recovery for this ROM, and used the link from the wiki to get it.

Same results.

I tried flashing it again for fun, and the next time when trying to go into the camera on the first boot, I got a force quit error with the message "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly)". After restarting the camera again, it was back to the same old loop of errors.

Not sure what's up with that. Anyway, I appreciate your guys' patience and suggestions - I guess I'm just gonna hafta wait for the next version and see if I have better luck with that.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What is your overclock settings? I had issues with the camera FCing when I was overclocked over 800, but haven't had issues with my overclock set in the 700s.

bradmc

May 8, 2011
bradmc.com
Overclocking

What is your overclock settings? I had issues with the camera FCing when I was overclocked over 800, but haven't had issues with my overclock set in the 700s.

None. It was at 600 MHz for all the tests I've mentioned. I boot straight into the ROM and go straight to the camera without doing anything else at all.

I just flashed it again and messed with over and underclocking with setcpu. I tried 480, 600, 748, and 787 MHz with no luck.

It is acting a little differently this time though. When sliding from still camera to video camera, the viewfinder just shows a black screen for a few seconds, then changes to a full black screen. I touch the screen and it goes back to the regular interface, still with black viewfinder area. Sliding the switch back to still camera FC's the camera app. Same at all clock speeds. Totally odd.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Only one problem with my install i keep getting force closes on my apps. Did total wipe, fresh download tried 3 installs and still force closes any ideas? And I'm not over clocked. Using CWM 3.0.2.8

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that I'm having similar issues with the video camera. I can take a video fine, but once I press the stop button, it just shows a white screen. If I then move the slider back to camera, it FCs.

The recorded video is saved, and plays back with no issues.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that I'm having similar issues with the video camera. I can take a video fine, but once I press the stop button, it just shows a white screen. If I then move the slider back to camera, it FCs.

The recorded video is saved, and plays back with no issues.

I can also confirm I was able to recreate the same bug with 100% fail over 6 tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.