ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
quick question. i noticed that i see many comments from people that use this ROM that they overclock with SetCPU. i'm just curious as to why since under the ROM's settings, you can do the same thing. or is there something that SetCPU or the other overclock apps do better than the aospcm7 performance settings?

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
quick question. i noticed that i see many comments from people that use this ROM that they overclock with SetCPU. i'm just curious as to why since under the ROM's settings, you can do the same thing. or is there something that SetCPU or the other overclock apps do better than the aospcm7 performance settings?

I use nofrills cpu its free on the market. 844/245 ondemand. every chip is different so find where your phone is stable. CMParts cpu control pretty much does the same thing as no frill's. I prefer no frill's because if it senses a reboot it wont apply on boot....saving you from bootloops. as for apps you can do various things, increase VMHeap, compcache (not available on...yet but will be ;) ) You can also turn off animations.

Here are my CM performance settings:
Jit on
Surface dithering off
purge assets on
home in memory on
messaging in memory on
vm heap = 32m

A lot depends on the kernel...which aosp may or may not be working on ;) BFS tweaks will get you on average 15-20 more FPS. Compcache will get you swap. etc etc.

Next update will be a good one.

Reactions: mjs2011

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Why download an extra app to control your CPU speed? It's built in to aospCM7, click on menu>>settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance>>CPU Settings

No need to take up more space on your phone or sdcard when these things are baked into your ROM.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Why download an extra app to control your CPU speed? It's built in to aospCM7, click on menu>>settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance>>CPU Settings

No need to take up more space on your phone or sdcard when these things are baked into your ROM.

what are good safe settings to use. i never changed them for fear it would screw up something?.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having a horrible time trying to download this- SUPER SLOW, but I have a 25mb download speed from fios. Everyone must be trying to get this at the same time or something is wrong with mediafire

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having a horrible time trying to download this- SUPER SLOW, but I have a 25mb download speed from fios. Everyone must be trying to get this at the same time or something is wrong with mediafire

nope..super slow..im guessing everybody and momma is trying to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000