ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
for sure the 2.3.4 update. i flashed it over 2.3. due to me not having time to wipe. seems pretty solid. CAMERA IS FIXED THANK YOU JESUS. alright well im off to school. have a nice day everyone :)

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Updated mine about 2 hours ago. Runs great, and love camera fix. Looks like the battery even lasts longer. Been surfing on 3g and playing Angry Birds since the update and only lost 20% battery. Screen has been on constantly. Much better than some other roms I've tried.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
I tried to update last night but it kept failing so the download must have been jacked. Do we have to reinstall everything with the new update or can we flash over like old updates?

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Well unless it was something was missed I can also report that the camera does not work. Is there a camera.apk than can be installed over the stock?
Edit: I will do another wipe and try a fresh install..
Wiped and fresh installed, no dice:( if anyone does have any advice let me know otherwise I'm going to revert back to 2.3.3.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well unless it was something was missed I can also report that the camera does not work. Is there a camera.apk than can be installed over the stock?
Edit: I will do another wipe and try a fresh install..

It really doesn't work. You can make it partially work, if you turn off pre-focus and assign snap button to search button

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
It really doesn't work. You can make it partially work, if you turn off pre-focus and assign snap button to search button
I will give that a whirl:)
Ya I tried it I was able to get a decent snap shot. I cannot record tho so if I can find a third party app for it then I will stay with this rom. (Noticed a nice change in battery life;))

Last edited:

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Well the apps that you bought on the market will still be linked to your email and those that you bought thru 3rd party will be on your SD card( I think) and you will have to redo all user settings.. But that's the beauty of doing customs on your phone:)

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the previous version, 2.3.3, because I don't see any reason to upgrade since there's no fixes. But, I'm having a couple small issues. First, sometimes when I go home from an app, the screen is blank until I swipe to the side. Second, when I enable the gps with the toggle, the icon appears in the notification bar, then when I disable the gps it doesn't go away. It's disabled, but the icon never goes away. Any fixes for this?

Also, do I have to have this recovery to update, or can I still use CWM and just flash the rom?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
hmm...not sure if i'll be downloading this update or not. i use the camera quite a bit. i might wait for 2.3.5 when the new bugs are fixed.

is the phone that much faster with the update?

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the new update and it works great. Aosp took out the physical keyboard settings so no need to reopen the keyboard when u change to landscape. Way to go aosp. Fyi just change the camera button to take with up, down or home button to get the cam to work. I will do testing on THE BT later. But it does seem faster tho keep it up aosp!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.