ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so let's say i do decide to give this new ROM a whirl, do i need to wipe everything or just the cache and dalvik cache? i don't know if i really want to go through the trouble of restoring all of my apps for this update or not.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I always wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing a new ROM. No need to factory reset or format mounts though.

For those who want to stick with this build, you can fix the deskclock alarm by swapping the older build's DeskClock.apk, I wrote instrutctions here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

To use the camera, open it and press your menu button, then select Advanced Options, uncheck everything, then check one or more of the snap picture using volume up/down or search buttons. You will not be able to use the special pre-focus, but you will be able to take pictures.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I always wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing a new ROM. No need to factory reset or format mounts though.

For those who want to stick with this build, you can fix the deckclock alarm by swapping the older build's DeskClock.apk, I wrote instrutctions here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

To use the camera, open it and press your menu button, then select Advanced Options, uncheck everything, then check one or more of the snap picture using volume up/down or search buttons. You will not be able to use the special pre-focus, but you will be able to take pictures.

thanks again Jerry, so no need to wipe all data as if i was going from Stock to a new Rom?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just to confirm then, I don't need to completely wipe the data like I would if I were flashing a new Rom from Stock?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to report that I flashed the Google apps found in ROM Manager and I didn't have the "slide hardware keyboard" message when I tried to sign in to Google.

Possible bug fix?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just to confirm then, I don't need to completely wipe the data like I would if I were flashing a new Rom from Stock?

Normally, I would say yes, and that is how I did it this time. However, I'm waiting to hear if someone who does a complete factory reset and wipes eveyrthing, if their camera and deskclock will work.

If that makes no difference, then yes, you can just wipe cache and dalvik cache, but always do a nandroid backup first.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't flash img types in recovery. That is usually a recovery itself that you flash with adb, terminal or romtools

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
just wondering how do I flash an .img file instead of the zip. I currently use thunderC

Put the recovery img on the root of your sdcard then open terminal emulator. Next type "su" (without the "") then type "flash_image recovery /sdcard/ aospCWMod-VM670-20110516.img" (also without the "") to get into the new recovery type "reboot recovery" and that will do it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The 5/16 release of AOSP works fine and I run Thunderc recovery.. I have had zero issues and I only did a flash over without any wipe.

Last edited:

lwlamar

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Put the recovery img on the root of your sdcard then open terminal emulator. Next type "su" (without the "") then type "flash_image recovery /sdcard/ aospCWMod-VM670-20110516.img" (also without the "") to get into the new recovery type "reboot recovery" and that will do it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
I just tried this and it looks like reboot into recovery has started. How long does it take? I keep thinking it is not working. I successfully rooted, I have SuperUser, I backed up my existing ROM using Titanium, and I downloaded cyanogen mod and have the IMg files in the root of my sdcard. But I confess I am a noob.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this and it looks like reboot into recovery has started. How long does it take? I keep thinking it is not working. I successfully rooted, I have SuperUser, I backed up my existing ROM using Titanium, and I downloaded cyanogen mod and have the IMg files in the root of my sdcard. But I confess I am a noob.

MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS FULL
ok so u type "flash_image recovery /sdcard/ aospCWMod-VM670-20110516.img"? does the recovery have orange txt? if so make a nandroid backup!!!!!!!!!!(this can take some time) also did you put aospCMod-OV-20110516-signed.zip on the root of your sdcard also? if not get it there then get back into recovery. Then wipe your cache and dalvik cache. Now "flash zip from sdcard" (not update.zip) it should be named aospCMod-OV-20110516-signed go down to yes.

CWR Buttons:
Vol. up = up
Vol. down= down
Menu= enter
Back= back

First Strike

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I flash this rom my phone starts acting weird. The home button stops working and the lockscreen appears to have been disabled somehow because whenever I push a button it just goes to wherever it was before I hit the power button. Does this have anything to do with the logcat stuff or me not having the kernel for this rom? If it has anything to do with the kernel, where do I download it?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11