ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or did this new release bring back the terrible battery issue?

I had my phone all day today on the new release, it seems like normal, i leave at 6:30 am ish (PST), and right now its at 23% so im not really noticing a difference.

Zatler: Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, and flash the zip again

zatler

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone all day today on the new release, it seems like normal, i leave at 6:30 am ish (PST), and right now its at 23% so im not really noticing a difference.

Zatler: Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, and flash the zip again
yea, I cant even get into recovery mode, it's just stuck on the android screen, i usually just hold down power button and reboot into recovery mode, but holding down power button doesnt do anything now.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
yea, I cant even get into recovery mode, it's just stuck on the android screen, i usually just hold down power button and reboot into recovery mode, but holding down power button doesnt do anything now.

Have you tried powering down, and pressing Vol Down+Home+Power?

Edit: You let go of them when the splash screen comes up, i think

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I did that, still stuck, nothing happens

Theres two other things you might be able to do, not sure if safe mode will even work.. I cant really help you with emergency though, i've never needed it so i dont know much about it. Sorry i am not able to help any futher

Boot into Emergency Mode:

Power off.
Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
Hold the Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Safe Mode:

Power off.
Hold the Menu Button and the Power Button at the same time.
Release only after ALL of the boot animations have finished.
You should see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

There is also some instructions here http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/77870-bricked-lg-optimus-v.html#post850501 read the stuff in red though, im not sure if you can get into the shell. Just ask around some more about it before following those steps, not sure if that will absolutely fix it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone have a fix for the clock that doesn't require me to reflash 2.3.3, copy the old deskclock.apk, then flash 2.3.4, and then install it?

Sorry, thought I posted a link to the instructions already, the 2.3.3 DeskClock.apk is attached to the bottom of the post:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Some people have also had success just installing the older apk over the newer one, others have used a root uninstaller to remove the new one first. Pick your poison! ;)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i took the easy way out and installed "Alarmdroid", which i like much better than the stock alarm clock, lol!

for whatever reason, my camera works fine without making modifications.

all in all, i can tell that this ROM makes my phone faster. not sure about all the tech stuff behind it. it would be nice to have a release log of some sort with these updates, but can you really complain? it's free. :)

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with Lookout Mobile Security?
On my phone the alarm wont activate until I open the app manually or it also activates the alarm after reboot.

I just wanted to check first before I contact Lookout support as it may be a ROM issue.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
People here bragging about battery life. My battery is going down 10% in 2hours doing nothing . For me it is much worse than 2.3.3 . Is it just me or anybody else?

Also gmail doesn't push, I have to refresh by clicking.

Bluetooth improved sound but mic doesnt work.

Wired phones : mic is borked now, listening only.

Camera prefocus is borked.

Alarm clock force closing.

Looks like its more stable. It doesn't force closing random apps often like before. In 3 days just 1x browser. Before it was 10x a day.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this (I'm at work and can't read all this) but my camera takes picture and works fine if I turn off the Auto Focus.

Also my video recording works fine regardless.

EDIT: Alarm Clock is working fine too. I only wiped cache and dalvik.

EDIT AGAIN: Alarms weren't working, I was being dumb. While trying you fix that I completely borked everything, so I had to format and reflash the ROM onto a blank phone. That broke my previously working video recorder. Only thing I can think of is that I hadn't done a format/factory reset since 4/11. Every time I upgraded the ROM I just flashed it over the old version.

Last edited:

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Why do u use lookout? You honestly don't need it. It just takes up CPU.

Umm, Loss of Device?
Tbh I could care less about the app scanning.

And how much CPU?

I know someone who's phone got stolen, then dropped and stolen again and they couldn't find it without a locator app.

Point is I think it's better than nothing if you need to find a device.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why do u use lookout? You honestly don't need it. It just takes up CPU.

As mentioned installing lookout for the locating features alone is worth it.
Plan B is nice but recently on reddit somebody lost their phone and used plan b.
It narrowed it to a eight block radious of his house.

Plan B doesnt allow you to make your phone yelp.
Lookout does.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned installing lookout for the locating features alone is worth it.
Plan B is nice but recently on reddit somebody lost their phone and used plan b.
It narrowed it to a eight block radious of his house.

Plan B doesnt allow you to make your phone yelp.
Lookout does.

Okay back on topic, is anyone else having issues with Lookout as stated in my quote?
Does anyone else have issues with Lookout Mobile Security?
On my phone the alarm wont activate until I open the app manually or it also activates the alarm after reboot.

I just wanted to check first before I contact Lookout support as it may be a ROM issue.

EDIT: I'm going to flash stock to test if this is an AOSP related issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar