ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostv714

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
hey guys well i just added the new rom and everthing i did would crash ! cam app and music everything ! can i ask how would i upgrade ? becasue i want this rom but having major issues after installing it .... and i asked a few weeks ago dont remember where but can i do a factory reset ? someone told me that was a bad idea !

just a side note fore some reason i cant jump into recovery mode while holding the hard buttons only through the system (hold power>reboot>recovery>ok ) that should not happen right .. ? can i fix it .. ?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Do not do a factory reset using the privacy menu options. If you do you stand an excellent chance of bricking your phone. Your best bet is to go into your recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Then to be safe you can go to mounts and storage and format boot, system, data and cache. This should clean everything up and et you ready to do a clean install of your new rom.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay back on topic, is anyone else having issues with Lookout as stated in my quote?

EDIT: I'm going to flash stock to test if this is an AOSP related issue.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

FINAL CONCLUSION: Lookout Mobile Security Does Not Function Properly with this ROM. I uninstalled Lookout yesterday and my battery life increased about 2x!

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with Lookout Mobile Security?
On my phone the alarm wont activate until I open the app manually or it also activates the alarm after reboot.

I just wanted to check first before I contact Lookout support as it may be a ROM issue.

No battery issues running Lookout here. Battery last as long as usual.

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a video fix for the latest release? White screen and freeze up after video is recorded. Shows up in gallery with no thumbnail then says video can not be played.

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
hey all, i just rooted and verified root access/busy box through root checker. everything seems to be a go, i tried installing CWM recovery from the wiki link in the OP, but after following step after step, no go, while verifying root, cmd comes up as $, not #, thus, its asking me to root, however setcpu and superuser show "granting root access" before opening app, which i know is a good thing. any help on how to install recovery? would installing ROM mgr. and flashing the latest recovery through the app work? any help would be appreciated

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I never got my camera to work perfectly again, though sometimes it can record videos with no problem.

I also discovered it only white screens and crashes when recording in High or YouTube modes, Low and MMS qualities work fine.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hey all, i just rooted and verified root access/busy box through root checker. everything seems to be a go, i tried installing CWM recovery from the wiki link in the OP, but after following step after step, no go, while verifying root, cmd comes up as $, not #, thus, its asking me to root, however setcpu and superuser show "granting root access" before opening app, which i know is a good thing. any help on how to install recovery? would installing ROM mgr. and flashing the latest recovery through the app work? any help would be appreciated

In the cmd window, when you get the $ sign, try typing su and see if you get the # sign.

If not, try using SuperOneClick to get a shell root, it will only be temporary, then when you open cmd and type adb shell you should get the # sign. Once you have the # sign, and have the recovery img file on your sdcard, you can follow the rest of the steps to install the recovery.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that the camera doesn't work at all, not that i care lol, but anyone got any possible fixes?

Posted a couple of pages back, click menu, open advanced options, uncheck EVERYTHING, then check either power up or power down to snap a picture. Anything that attempts to activate the pre focus seems to freeze the app.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Camera works using search button, but could be tweaked a little. Is voice control on keyboard Absent on purpose?

The voice control mic is there by default I believe, at least it is on mine.

Go to settings>>language & keyboard>>android keyboard and scroll down to Voice Input and choose on main keyboard.

cr8rec

May 14, 2011
Visit site
my bluetooth headphones are getting barely any signal since switching from 2.2... although sound quality is better. how is 2.3.3 compared to this one in that aspect...

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed this rom for the very first time yesterday (originally a Harmonia/ Aphrodite user)... gota say it's pretty sweet!

Mostly everything is pretty stable, but I did have a problem with the camera and gallery having very very high partial wake times and thus causing battery drain. I noticed these after opening both apps and experiencing erratic behavior from both (the camera bug has already been mentioned here numerous times, but the gallery would just get stuck in a loop when loading pictures). Freezing these apps did not fix this, the partial wake times continued to increase even after. I cleared my cache in recovery then rebooted and all was well. I am keeping these apps frozen, as I do not want to open them again and kill my battery.

Anyone else experience this?

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned ( I'm not reading 104 pages :D ) but you can access es file explorers root functions with cyanogenmod. No more paying 3.99 for root explorer.
just download es file explorer ( it's free on the market )
click settings/root
then check both buttons
success saved 4 bucks ( 3.99 ) to you technically speaking types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12