ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is more them a bug fix update. This update has added more things mostly in the CyanogenMod settings menu. Here is wut I have found....In input settings under buttons "Volume rocker wake"....also in Lockscreen settings under Style options "Incoming call style"....and last In CyanogenMod setting all the way at the bottom "Permissions"(wut is this for?) Well I hope this help you all out. Post new things as you find them

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Note, the camera does work. But the zoom is back to .1-.5, instead of the 1-5. No biggie, as I rarely use zoom.

Does this apply to only the stock camera? Do other camera apps now work also, and if so will they be able to use a higher zoom? Sorry, my first time using this rom was the one before this update so I don't know how the camera functioned before.

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not that it means much, but my Quadrant score increase by over 100 points going from 2.3.3 to this latest 2.3.4
Wonder what was tweaked under the hood to give that improvement?

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed it (yes, I wiped everything first) and video is not working for me.

When I move the mode slider from Camera to Video, I only see black in the "viewfinder".
Switching it back to camera crashes the app.

EDIT:
After restoring apps, data, and settings with MyBackup Root, video seems to be working. Very weird.

Last edited:

RyanGHappy

May 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I updated to this new version, and I'm getting the same weird issues with the camera app. It SOMETIMES comes up, and then sometimes crashes. By this, I don't just mean a force close, I mean an entire phone reboot. Switching to video crashes the app entirely.

I made sure to wipe the cache, and the dalek cache (yes, I know I spelled it wrong, but its funnier that way) when I updated to the new version.

The clock app works again, and video seems to work fine again. Also haven't seen any other apps deciding to force close strangely. The only app I've noticed with strange issues now is the camera app.

UPDATE: I think the weird issues with the camera app have something to do with overclock settings. I went back to 600 clock and the camera app and the video recorder worked fine consistently. These overclock settings worked fine on any app in the last version, but this versions camera app doesn't like them. So, for those of you experiencing camera app crashes, dial down the overclock.

Last edited:

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is more them a bug fix update. This update has added more things mostly in the CyanogenMod settings menu. Here is wut I have found....In input settings under buttons "Volume rocker wake"....also in Lockscreen settings under Style options "Incoming call style"....and last In CyanogenMod setting all the way at the bottom "Permissions"(wut is this for?) Well I hope this help you all out. Post new things as you find them
Usually every build includes a Sync with the CM trees. So whatever CM has added usually is included. Permissions is pretty sweet...you can adjust what apps are allowed to do..i.e. access network etc. Which could cause some apps to not work properly but still pretty neat feature. Kind of like droidwall but built in. If you enable it...then go to manage applications you see the permissions it has. Tapping them turns certain ones off. Don't report bugs on it though because you're changing the natural apps state.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
missing_char-1.png

see the rectangle? it was like this back in BB 2.1. I also see this on fb in the browser

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This was posted over at XDA, just thought some of you might like to know the devs do appreciate your feedback, even if they do have a life of their own and don't always have the time to respond.

Keep the feedback coming fellas you guys are doing a great job I'm busy working on a new kernel for the rom and audio bugs are still my priority stable is my goal so no worries ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

My thanks, and my donation dollars, to all the ROM devs out there!

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My bluetooth play/pause button does not work anymore. Went to use it in the gym this morning and does not work. I guess it has not worked since the april update. Tried wiping and reinstalling and that did not fix it.

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
One ISSUE that i found while using the phone is the SPEAKER PHONE during a call...after tapping the speaker button, the volume is very low, can anyone else replicate the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.