ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
In the latest Rom Manager, when I choose the manual flash override option I get the "Error while downloading from server" message. Won't work on wifi or 3g... anyone have this problem?

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Speaker volume is still impossibly low... useless.

Groove IP can increase the speaker volume to a useable level... why can't I do that with normal phone calls, netflix, etc?

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
When I used rom manager to flash the new 6/1 build stuff broke and I had to reflash gapps. I went to my backup (glad I made one) and manually flashed the 6/1 rom. It can be found in clockworkmod>download>rom.share.deployfu.com> downloads> 322> 225> aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip I don't understand why rom manager buries the zip. Only problem is that camera is now borked- it worked perfectly yesterday on the 5/31 build. Good things come to those who wait.

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I carefully followed the instructions for updating the ROM.

After updating the rom, gmail and market did not work. I couldn't reinstall them.

I decided to restore the 5.23 version of the rom (it was backed up during the update)
using the ROM manager.

However, now my phone hangs at the LG screen.
I have tried unplugging the battery and booting into recovery to restore the 5.23 rom but it still hangs.

I had to resort to removing the SD card from the phone, plugging SDcard into computer,
then copying the 6.01 rom into the SD card main folder, then flashing that rom from recovery.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest holding off on ROM Manager till next week, when hopefully we will have offical Optimus V support. I have had two corrupt downloads via ROM Manager, one wasn't even recognized by 7-zip as a zip file.

I downloaded the 6/1 build from a link posted in the thread over at xda, grabbed the framework and systemui apks, cooked my theme at UOT, rebooted into recovery, backup, wiped cache/dalvik-cache, flashed ROM then gapps then UOT theme, rebooted, no issues.

Only bug I've found so far it camera won't autofocus, which keeps barcode scanners from functioning properly (though QR codes seem to work).

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to download the roms from Rom Manager, installed the 5/31 build. used it for a day, then noticed today i had waiting gmail on my laptop but no notifications on my phone.

opened gmail app, back to home, black screen.

same with maps.

then i was like OHHH gapps. so i flashed a backup of gapps i had, i think the same version thats still linked at the first post of this thread.

now everythings working fine.

and now i hear theres a 6/1 update to the rom? should i try it?? this ones working fine.

in a few days im going to be installing this rom on a phone for a family member will it be stable enough or are they moving to a rapid, more buggy, update cycle?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to download the roms from Rom Manager, installed the 5/31 build. used it for a day, then noticed today i had waiting gmail on my laptop but no notifications on my phone.

same with maps.

then i was like OHHH gapps. so i flashed a backup of gapps i had, i think the same version thats still linked at the first post of this thread.

and now i hear theres a 6/1 update to the rom? should i try it?? this ones working fine.

in a few days im going to be installing this rom on a phone for a family member will it be stable enough or are they moving to a rapid, more buggy, update cycle?

It seems there is an MMS bug in the 0531 build, and it says on aosp's twitter that it is fixed in the 0601 version available from ROM Manager (or you can download from the link at xda's thread).

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

same with maps.

6/1 fixes a few cam bugs and mms.

Rom manager should be checking MD5 no?

if you failed a download...heres a hint....go to sdcard/clockworkmod/deploy.fublahblah/XXX/XXX/aospCmod.zip whatever the path is.

Then put http://deploy.fublahblah/XXX/XXX/aospCmod.zip in your internet browser....

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest holding off on ROM Manager till next week, when hopefully we will have offical Optimus V support. I have had two corrupt downloads via ROM Manager, one wasn't even recognized by 7-zip as a zip file.

I downloaded the 6/1 build from a link posted in the thread over at xda, grabbed the framework and systemui apks, cooked my theme at UOT, rebooted into recovery, backup, wiped cache/dalvik-cache, flashed ROM then gapps then UOT theme, rebooted, no issues.

Only bug I've found so far it camera won't autofocus, which keeps barcode scanners from functioning properly (though QR codes seem to work).

So the 6/1 build still has the auto focus bug?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

So we're going to get official support soon? As in the phone will be listed under the flash ClockworkMod Recovery option as Optimus V?!
That would be great.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question I know. I love the power controls in notification but the only one I can never choose as an option is the 2g/3g toggle. Do I have to install something else for this to be enabled?

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question I know. I love the power controls in notification but the only one I can never choose as an option is the 2g/3g toggle. Do I have to install something else for this to be enabled?

From what I understand, virgin doesn't have 2g. Its no g 1x 3g

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34