ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What is the recommended backup, wipe, install, restore method for this ROM?

depends on what you need backed up.

This rom has settings to allow your google account to store stuff like your wallpaper and system settings.

I usually do a full wipe of everything, then sign in again, and let google take care of downloading my apps and putting my settings back again. i leave my phone alone while it syncs and in 20 minutes or less It's pretty much back to how it was.

I assume this wont work if you customize deeper than basic settings and use something like links2sd or something. then it would only partially restore your stuff.

I dont mind losing SMS messages or call log history everytime I flash, thats stuff I delete every chance I get as is. but for some its different.

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay i followed the directions on how to install 6/1 from Rom Manager. After installing, while in recovery mode, i installed the gapps file from the OP. Phone booted, everything was working out, until i went into the market and installed one of "my apps" and after downloading, i tried to move it to the SD card. However, the phone stated that the SD card was full and i couldn't move anything. I usually place most of my apps on the SD card when i flash a new rom. But before i try to re-flash 6/1 again, can anyone shed some light on this matter thanks

UPDATE: i restored a backup through recovery 5/23, and everything is back to normal, SD card saying 370mb free, so the memory IS there, what gives?

Last edited:

lugus

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else have issues with this rom mostly fails to install apps from the market/amazon or even backups? Is there a limit to the number of apps you can have installed?
I have already googled for answers and tried the normal things (reboot/delete cache/wipe/ etc). Is there a setting that I have missed?

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
sorry for double posting, but i figured i would install 6/1 through recovery instead of going through rom manager. is the market app included in this build through rom manager? i am flashing the gapps file from recovery after the 6/1 install. After doing all this, my SD card's memory is slowly being used up in front of my own eyes, 360mb, 289mb, 144mb etc...hmmm can't explain it

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For those having trouble with the market, first backup your apps with TitaniumBackup, then go into recovery and wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, then format system and data, then flash the ROM, then gapps. Your first boot up after this will be alot longer, but it should fix the market issue.

xtravbx#CB

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't get this ROM to function at all.

I haven't been able to get ANY versions of 2.3.4 to work.

It flashes, boots into the android "Touch here to begin" - which I do, and it reboots to the same screen.

I touch the android the 2nd time, it won't reboot, it's just frozen.

These same symptoms happen with any version of 2.3.4 CM7 I've tried.

Any tips on resolving this? Anyone else see this?

ohfivepro

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

It flashes, boots into the android "Touch here to begin" - which I do, and it reboots to the same screen.

i had 2.3.3 aosp installed then all i did was wipe cache/dalvic (sp?) then flashed the new 2.3.4 zip from recovery and everything worked

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
is it me or does aosp 2.3.4 camera/video seem a bit darker by default? my bro has a stock phone and pictures were a bit brighter...

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
sorry for double posting, but i figured i would install 6/1 through recovery instead of going through rom manager. is the market app included in this build through rom manager? i am flashing the gapps file from recovery after the 6/1 install. After doing all this, my SD card's memory is slowly being used up in front of my own eyes, 360mb, 289mb, 144mb etc...hmmm can't explain it

I haven't read the whole thread so I may have missed something, but you shouldn't need to reflash gapps. Just flash 6/1 over whatever you're using. That's worked fine for me.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

smackswell#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get the ROM from something besides rom manager? That app keeps trying to install CWMod when I already did it and doesn't even have an option for the Optimus V

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is Bluetooth or headset support fixed yet? It's the one thing keeping me from staying with CM7, since I make phone calls while driving often and it's mandatory to use handsfree communications here. Even if speakerphone is fixed, my phone speaker is too quiet in my loud car to be useful, so it had to be wired mic/headset or Bluetooth.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is Bluetooth or headset support fixed yet? It's the one thing keeping me from staying with CM7, since I make phone calls while driving often and it's mandatory to use handsfree communications here. Even if speakerphone is fixed, my phone speaker is too quiet in my loud car to be useful, so it had to be wired mic/headset or Bluetooth.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

just tested the headset mic with voice to text on cm7. its not hearing anything but a low static. the phone mic works though.

and yes my headphone mic is actually good, i just try to test it on every build to see any changes.

i cant call anyone at this hour but ill see if it works in calls or not tomorrow

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

DO NOT PRESS THE ANDROID GUY. . Press the 4 corners and skip to the market where then you can put in your google info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE