ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegetajin8

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody indicated why ROM Manager is now being used as the only way to distribute the ROM? (Apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it.)

It seems like the distribution model was already pretty fractured with having two OPs on two different forums, and a wiki, none of which ever seem to be fully in sync with each other. Using ROM manager complicates an already scattered distribution model to a new level. Just wondering if there's a reason.

I suppose it doesn't seem like I'm grateful by asking, and I might be out of place, but I'm honestly trying to understand the motivation behind it.

Im assuming rom manager is goin to be the only way to get it unless its posted on the forum by someone. Clockwork is working on optimus v support in rom manager. He/they need frkm what i read on twitter a stock boot image and or stock recovery. I sent them a tweet with the link. So hopefully soon we will have support.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Im assuming rom manager is goin to be the only way to get it unless its posted on the forum by someone. Clockwork is working on optimus v support in rom manager. He/they need frkm what i read on twitter a stock boot image and or stock recovery. I sent them a tweet with the link. So hopefully soon we will have support.

There is a link to both in this forum, as well as sdx

vegetajin8

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just checked rom manager and the optimus v is ln the list. Dont think its ready yet recovery flashed but the menu button in recovery dont work had to use camera button to reboot and there's nothing in downloads
As of yet. Flashed the recovery I had till its fixed.

Last edited:

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody indicated why ROM Manager is now being used as the only way to distribute the ROM? (Apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it.)

It seems like the distribution model was already pretty fractured with having two OPs on two different forums, and a wiki, none of which ever seem to be fully in sync with each other. Using ROM manager complicates an already scattered distribution model to a new level. Just wondering if there's a reason.

I suppose it doesn't seem like I'm grateful by asking, and I might be out of place, but I'm honestly trying to understand the motivation behind it.

I think aosp prefers it on Rom manager. Definitely takes the confusion out with people on v flashing his HTChero cdma and vice verse. Much easier to separate. It has its quirks but it'll help the newer users with the simplicity of it all.... especially when all the bugs are worked out. There are several OPs to get the initial word out/discuss.... as it can be hard to test all potential bugs with a small user base. Aosp is only one dude/dev behind it all. The wiki was created by jeeper to help out noob questions that are redundant. If it's out of sync do your best to sync it. That's what all other users do including myself.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can not wait until all the quirks are ironed out for Rom Manager, I've used it in the past when i rooted my OG Droid, it definitely made installing roms very easy

gjnelson

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
hello, noobie here. my ROM manager is having a problem when i try to access the list of ROMs. I keep getting this... "error occured while downloading developer list" does anyone know how to fix this or how i can flash the ROM manually using CWM? I know how to flash a .zip but i dont know what the gapps .zip is for and dont know how i flash the .img file. thanks for any help

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
gapps file is for the google apps like maps, gmail, etc, usually flashed after flashing a new rom in recovery mode. If you are rooted, and have followed the Dropbox pictures several pages back in this thread on how to use Rom Manager, the "Error occured while downloading developer list" is because Rom Manager isn't finalized yet for our LG Optimus V, give it some time

vegetajin8

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Backup/recovery and flashing clockwork in rom manager works only downfall menu button in recovery does not work have to use camera button to let everyone know

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Optimus V CWM recovery didn't back up my ext3 partition, it skipped it.
Anyone else experience that?
The most obvious reason would be that you don't have one, but I'm not sure whether or not you've set one up. If you have, I don't know why that message would appear. But I always get that message because I haven't made an ext3 partition.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Optimus V CWM recovery didn't back up my ext3 partition, it skipped it.
Anyone else experience that?

mine said that. i ignored it.

a day later the time came to see if that restore file would actually work or if that message meant it was corrupted.

turns out it worked fine.

that message must be becuase you didnt set up a ext3 partition (like a partition on the SD for apps) becuase i didnt have that either

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
"Optimus V" IS NOW AN OPTION UNDER Flash ClockworkMod Recovery!!1!
Our phone now has OFFICIAL FULL Rom Manager support.
I just flashed the latest recovery from rom manager.

Edit: The recovery button mapping is changed. I believe camera is enter. Volume is up/down and back is back. Any other button seems to hide the menu.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
"Optimus V" IS NOW AN OPTION UNDER Flash ClockworkMod Recovery!!1!
Our phone now has OFFICIAL FULL Rom Manager support.
I just flashed the latest recovery from rom manager.

Edit: The recovery button mapping is changed. I believe camera is enter. Volume is up/down and back is back. Any other button seems to hide the menu.

I posted that 6 hours ago under my other account but its good to remind people lol

Last edited:

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
this is such good news. makes it so much easier to flash this rom to new phones

lol thats not what everyone thinks tbh. Though I've been wanting rom manager support since I got this phone. Anyway it's a step closer to getting possible official CM support someday when it does happen.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
mine said that. i ignored it.

a day later the time came to see if that restore file would actually work or if that message meant it was corrupted.

turns out it worked fine.

that message must be becuase you didnt set up a ext3 partition (like a partition on the SD for apps) becuase i didnt have that either

I use ext 3 with mine and I got the error. there is no way it actually backed it up with how fast it went by to the md5 check

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having luck with being able to download the rom list in rom manager yet? Still says error occurred while downloading list..

I read somewhere that free users cannot download roms on weekends. only weekdays.

premium users get access to the roms anytime.

well find out monday wont we

Status
Not open for further replies.