ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having bluetooth problems?

With the 0601 version of AOSP, the phone forgets my bluetooth pairing every time I reboot the phone.
:mad:
So I have to press the pairing button on my BT device, tell the phone to scane for devices, and pair the device every time.

Reason why I have not switch back to AOSP. The BT seems to be problematic for them.

i2c

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello can someone please help me? No matter what I do I cannot figure out how to get ROM Manager to display anything other than 2 ROM's when I click download ROM. The only two that come up are like the google apps and super user. I have tried both free and paid rom manager. When I click manual install or whatever, I have no optimus one option, only optimus v.

Some please lend assistance.

Thank You

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I do not have an optimus one option

If you have the latest rom manager you do.

open rom manager
push botton left button on phone
select manual flash override
hit ok
select phone - in this case optimus one
close
select dwnloads and you will see what you are looking for

Last edited:

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...so after manually flashing the recovery, it has the option for LG Optimus V, however it only gives the option to download and install the latest SU and Gapps, but no roms...
And we have the Optimus One option which offers the aosp rom and everything else, is the Optimus V option just not fully configured yet? whats with the two

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...so after manually flashing the recovery, it has the option for LG Optimus V, however it only gives the option to download and install the latest SU and Gapps, but no roms...
And we have the Optimus One option which offers the aosp rom and everything else, is the Optimus V option just not fully configured yet? whats with the two

Aosp just needs to readd the rom.

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with AOSP CM7

i2c

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have the latest rom manager you do.

open rom manager
push botton left button on phone
select manual flash override
hit ok
select phone - in this case optimus one
close
select dwnloads and you will see what you are looking for

OK You must think I'm an idiot. When I press manual flash override, I get a list of phone models, It DOESN'T contain an LG Optimus One option. What's so hard to understand?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem as autobotguy with 6/1. It wouldnt install my aps from my SD and it would erase everything after each boot. 5/31 would randomly reboot and it would go back to the same state, no matter if i backed up and restored. So im currently using 5/23. Its the most stable. But for the past few days, it been really slow & laggy. It takes about 10 secs to rotate. Its done this before. Last time i reflashed and it worked fine, but i guess after like more than a week, it starts dying xD

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would agree with this statement.
Don't get pissed off because there's nice people trying to help its there, update Tom manager

Sent from my Optimus V

This would have worked:

OK You must think I'm an idiot. When I press manual flash override, I get a list of phone models, It DOESN'T contain an LG Optimus One option. What's so hard to understand?

kamelr3d

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 6/01 MMSFIXED and Gapps via Rom Manager and everything seems to be working well. MMS does indeed work and everything returns as it should when I power off/reboot. I came from an April build of aospCMod (both ROM & recovery) so having working MMS is pretty nifty. Not sure if its the newer builds or some option I missed but aospCMod no longer displays battery life as a percentage on the status bar nor the lock screen. Not a huge deal as I added a battery widget to take over that function.

BTW, I did not update my recovery since April and everything went smoothly still (still cleared caches just incase ;)).

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 6/01 MMSFIXED and Gapps via Rom Manager and everything seems to be working well. MMS does indeed work and everything returns as it should when I power off/reboot. I came from an April build of aospCMod (both ROM & recovery) so having working MMS is pretty nifty. Not sure if its the newer builds or some option I missed but aospCMod no longer displays battery life as a percentage on the status bar nor the lock screen. Not a huge deal as I added a battery widget to take over that function.

BTW, I did not update my recovery since April and everything went smoothly still (still cleared caches just incase ;)).

settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>status bar tweaks> battery percentage

yes. its still there. i use it.

EDIT be warned, it will make you paranoid as hell and constantly plugging your phone in. ..or is that just me? haha

xtravbx#CB

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok something a little weird.

I came from Bumblebee back to AOSP.

Everything seems to be working great - BUT

Plants VS Zombies was working totally flawlessly on Bumblebee. On AOSP every time I load it, it freezes, have to close & reload it multiple times before its playable.

I did a full wipe before switching to AOSP and to be honest really don't have much installed but GAPPS.

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the XDA forums hoping it might help here:
[ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread) - Page 225 - xda-developers

Originally Posted by pbailey212
"Everyone this should help, I found it on android central, it will flash the proper recovery so you can get this update to load

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ecoveries.html

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App"

I'd like to expand on this. I was having the same problems as most on here with the recovery and new ROM.
Here's what I did in this order:

Downloaded this Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip from here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ecoveries.html

Downloaded this aosp 6-01-2011 ROM http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloa...601-signed.zip from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62862&page=221

As I'm running on the Xionia kernel; downloaded this xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip
from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1024876

Key swap on Back and Home button (for Xionia kernel) is this Optimus_V_Key_Swap_signed.zip
from here:
Optimus_V_Key_Swap_signed.zip

Put all four .zips in root of SD card
Flashed Xionia Recovery through Rom Manager-NOT as a manual installation-
Xionia Recovery took over and flashed ROM, kernel and finally the Key Swap.

And I saved the best step for last:
DELETED ROM MANAGER!

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok something a little weird.

I came from Bumblebee back to AOSP.

Everything seems to be working great - BUT

Plants VS Zombies was working totally flawlessly on Bumblebee. On AOSP every time I load it, it freezes, have to close & reload it multiple times before its playable.

I did a full wipe before switching to AOSP and to be honest really don't have much installed but GAPPS.
I had the same problem I ended up going back to reborn rom because can't live without my zombies! I think the problem might be that it dosn't work well in gingerbread. Not sure if that is true because I don't have any thing with stock gingerbread on it to test out.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello can someone please help me? No matter what I do I cannot figure out how to get ROM Manager to display anything other than 2 ROM's when I click download ROM. The only two that come up are like the google apps and super user. I have tried both free and paid rom manager. When I click manual install or whatever, I have no optimus one option, only optimus v.

Some please lend assistance.

Thank You
This guy is right rom manager just did an update not long ago and if you install fresh from the market you don't get the option for the optimus one only the V. If you already had CWM and updated from the non V supported one then the option for the optimus one is still there. If you flash the official supported recovery for the V the option of the optimus one is no longer useable.

I recently switched to reborn rom and because I wanted to check it out and flashed thunderC as a recovery to install it. When I tried to reload aosp's from CWM by reflashing their recovery for the V the option to install useing the optimus one is gone. Just going to have to wait til aosp moves the ROM over or just use a direct link to flash the zip.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So I've been following the forums here at androidcentral for the past few months with my Optimus V and have loved how far I have gotten with being able to flash whichever recovery/roms I want. Love this rom and have only been experiencing one problem with the vibrate function which breaks even after new flashes of the rom. Since Rom Manager has been updated to support the Optimus V I have had issues with flashing so I put back thunderc on it and have been able to re-flash the rom to see if it fixes the issue with vibrate. Last night I flashed and before I went to sleep the vibrate function was working. When I awoke it was no longer working. Any clue as to what might be causing the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.