05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 123 ...
tools

gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8
    aospCMod-OV-20110531-signed.zip available on Rom Manager under "Download Rom"
    aospCWMod-OV-20110531.img
    MD5: e75e92d259c675b9dfd5113bd1cd0939
    WIKI
    Follow AOSPBOT on Twitter for latest OV updates
    Live Support
    [GPL] Kernel Source
    Original XDA Thread

aospCMod from Optimus V to Optimus S .zips

HOWTO Logcat (DEBUG)
    PC via ADB:
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

Phone via Terminal emulator:
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.
    ROM/Kernel DEV: aosp (Donate)
    I'm just sharing the rom link with android central.

02-21-2011 10:46 AM
    nice!

An what are the differences between this and Zephie's work with Xionia and CM7?
    02-21-2011 10:58 AM
    nice!

An what are the differences between this and Zephie's work with Xionia and CM7?
    I think he's using zephie's kernel as its linked in his OP. Buttons are right. Says Virgin, etc etc. Still sync'd with CM source so it should be pretty close. There is a wiki here if you want to test the rom please update it with me.

aospCmod wiki

The ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6 is nice. If you're unfamiliar with it, it requires Edify only scripting. So all older scripting (Amend) will not work.
    02-21-2011 11:12 AM
    Does WiFi tethering work with this?

I am running RevolutionRed's ROM + Kernel package and WiFi tethering doesn't work with it.

Would love to try this out if it can get me that functionality again.

Thanks
    02-21-2011 11:44 AM

I am running RevolutionRed's ROM + Kernel package and WiFi tethering doesn't work with it.

Thanks
    Can't test until I get home from work. aospCmod for heroc tethering works with the app. Notnative.
    02-21-2011 11:46 AM
    testing now, but seems to freeze up on the cyanogen boot screen. Wiped cache and davalik cache. Noob here so it might be my fault.
    02-21-2011 01:01 PM
    testing now, but seems to freeze up on the cyanogen boot screen. Wiped cache and davalik cache. Noob here so it might be my fault.
    I haven't flashed it yet, but did you update the recovery to Clockwork Mod? The Repo says you need CWM 3.0.0.x to get it to flash correctly so if you're using thunderc, you may need to change.

I'm personally waiting for further confirming this works well.
    02-21-2011 01:05 PM
    Yeah i used all files included in the post he linked to at xda.

edit: forgot to factory reset it/wipe things under the mounts and storage format option.

Booted fine now. My bad, beginner mistake.

will report in later on how the build is.
    02-21-2011 01:14 PM
    This is awesome blazing fast and super smooth!!!!
    02-21-2011 01:17 PM
    I haven't flashed it yet, but did you update the recovery to Clockwork Mod? The Repo says you need CWM 3.0.0.x to get it to flash correctly so if you're using thunderc, you may need to change.

I'm personally waiting for further confirming this works well.
    How to change to the CWM recovery from thunderc?
    keystonep1mz likes this.
    02-21-2011 02:15 PM
    Working great so far, just remember to go to Call Settings, change voicemail settings from *86 to phone number and check "Always Use Proximity" to fix screen staying black during call when moved from face.
    danhalen, anon175469 and mooneyb like this.
    02-21-2011 02:20 PM
    I'm having an issue with the headset quality when I'm listening to music and what not...anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know if there is an easy fix? Thanks a lot.

Update - I have this issue with all the Gingerbread ROMs out there...
    02-21-2011 02:27 PM
    flashed to CWM and flashed rom easily, phone seems to be overheating now while phones on.
    02-21-2011 03:20 PM
    can anyone confirm if MMS is working?
    02-21-2011 03:44 PM
    When I receive texts it comes as "From 99999999" and msg is in chinese
    02-21-2011 03:50 PM
    I used these commands and get an error saying "No more space".

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-ov-20110220.img
    reboot recovery

When it reboots to recovery, there is a Blue Fastboot screen and no recovery. Anyone else have a better method of getting CWM going. Im coming from RA-thunderc.
    02-21-2011 04:05 PM
    I used these commands and get an error saying "No more space".

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-ov-20110220.img
    reboot recovery

When it reboots to recovery, there is a Blue Fastboot screen and no recovery. Anyone else have a better method of getting CWM going. Im coming from RA-thunderc.
    Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery - ROMRepo
    I used method 3. Worked first try. only other issue I'm having is Car Home closes instantly when I open it.
    cnega and Godbilla like this.
    02-21-2011 04:12 PM
    Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery - ROMRepo
    I used method 3. Worked first try. only other issue I'm having is Car Home closes instantly when I open it.
    That worked, thanks!
    02-21-2011 04:21 PM
    Car Mode doesn't work for me either (same issue - goes back to home screen). Otherwise, pretty cool to have 2.3!

I'm debating whether I am going to overclock with SetCPU. Phone does feel a bit warm so maybe I will use SetCPU to throttle down the CPU at idle.

Thanks!
    02-21-2011 04:42 PM
    can anybody point to the right direction to get the kernel for this rom im kinda lost
    02-21-2011 05:41 PM

Thanks
    buh? news to me, its hidden but if you grab a free widget or use any cut to make a link to the settings its fully working in Rev's 2.2 stock build its my default restore backup

and no neither tether is working right now but PDA net works fine and benches acordingly
    02-21-2011 07:16 PM
    Is there a way to switch to the regular Gingerbread launcher? I am not a fan of ADW. I would post this on xda but apparently I'm not smart enough to post.
    02-21-2011 07:32 PM
    Is there a way to switch to the regular Gingerbread launcher? I am not a fan of ADW. I would post this on xda but apparently I'm not smart enough to post.
    I hear ya there... Sometimes the guys at XDA can be a little douchey.
    02-21-2011 10:28 PM
    I would ASSuME that the stock launcher is still there, as it is needed, you cannot get rid of it. so if you uninstalled ADW it SHOULD resort back to the stock. Use the Stock app remover, that way you can back it up
    02-21-2011 10:49 PM
    buh? news to me, its hidden but if you grab a free widget or use any cut to make a link to the settings its fully working in Rev's 2.2 stock build its my default restore backup

and no neither tether is working right now but PDA net works fine and benches acordingly
    I see the connection as AP Android and I can connect to it, but I can't access any sites or anything through it. It tells me something like limited Internet connection. However, I am able to use 3G data on the phone itself.

How would I go about to fix this problem?
    02-21-2011 11:23 PM
1,740 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD