05-01-2012 01:18 AM
372 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Ive tried to update to the newest version of Zefie's CM7 Scott Pilgrim's Awesomeness. And it wont recognize my link2sd. Do I need to redo this?

@husamali there is a bug in the rom that causes the screen to black out. There is workarounds posted in this thread. However sometimes they work others they dont. For me it works part of the time, others the screen will comeback on after the person hangs up.
    04-03-2011 03:57 AM
    In the pics it shows the 3g icon green. On mine its white. On aospcmod it would do that when it was using data. Anyone know how to do it? I appreciate it in advanced.
    04-10-2011 11:30 PM
    The 3g and cell signal icons turn green when background data is on and you have a connection. If background data is off they will be white.
    Hugh Johnson likes this.
    04-10-2011 11:40 PM
    A lot of users are switching to aosp. Zefie, lets get an update.

And to the people who are going to respond saying he doesn't have to do anything, I know this. This is just a motivational post. I know all about developer annoyances.Kthxbye

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    04-12-2011 11:06 AM
    A lot of users are switching to aosp. Zefie, lets get an update.

And to the people who are going to respond saying he doesn't have to do anything, I know this. This is just a motivational post. I know all about developer annoyances.Kthxbye

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    you know you could always use the one he is currently working on in the S forum. It works perfect on the V..... Flash one of the new kernels over it and it's no different.
    04-12-2011 12:07 PM
    you know you could always use the one he is currently working on in the S forum. It works perfect on the V..... Flash one of the new kernels over it and it's no different.
    I am kinda new to the Android system but I did complete putting Zefie's CM7 on my Optimus V without any problems in the first try. I would like to know if there is anything different I would need to do to use one of the newer Optimus S ROM's from Zefie. As in what to wipe, flash, and any other details a noob needs to know to tackle it. Please be detailed I don't even use Linux much so I get lost in some of the short hand used.
    04-12-2011 12:29 PM
    I am currently using aosp's ROM vor the Optimus V I wanna try this one but i dont know if there are other steps o things i should do cuz im coming from the other rom and can any one point some advantages and disadvatages from this rom and aosp ?
    04-15-2011 10:43 AM
    http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/The+Repository
    Has everything you need to know, was very helpful for me.

So has the speaker issue and the proximity issue been resolved on this rom yet? It is by far my favorite, but those items being the way they are deters me.
    04-15-2011 01:29 PM
    http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/The+Repository
    Has everything you need to know, was very helpful for me.

So has the speaker issue and the proximity issue been resolved on this rom yet? It is by far my favorite, but those items being the way they are deters me.
    Most people are just using the S rom and remapping the keys. IIRC the only thing broken in that build for us is bt and mms functions. Until the mms function is fixed for the V the sprint rom is your best bet.
    04-15-2011 01:56 PM
    ok so i tried to flash my current stock os to cm7, i did a nandroid back up, then i flashed the zip for cm7, then wiped data, then flashed google apps into my phone, then i went to reboot hoping it would startup with cm7, and my phone gets stuck on the virgin mobile logo...idk what to do from here..is my phone just screwed

EDIT: ok nvm i got it, i just messed around with the buttons... i held home, volume up, and power until it went into restore mode....cool beans
    04-16-2011 01:52 AM
    Yea you just did some steps in the wrong order. First off you need to make sure you have the correct recovery needed for the rom you want to flash.

Once you have the right recovery installed you simply flash the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip, Wipe Data/Cache, flash the rom itself, then flash Google Apps. All files needed are included in the original post.

If you are looking for a gingerbread rom you might want to try aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7. It has many bugs/issues fixed and is constantly updated. MMS has just been fixed so incoming and outgoing both work.

The recovery needed for aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 is the Clockworkmod Recovery and the install steps are a bit different. Not hard at all though.
    04-16-2011 04:27 AM
    yes, i did everything correct. I only forgot to flash the current nightly, like a dumba**..... but it was my first time doing anything like this, ive only had a smart phone for about 2 weeks now. also my first smart phone. btw i am currently running cm7, even tho i almost bricked my phone last night(very stressful) i tried it again and succeeded lol. thanks for the help.
    04-16-2011 09:05 PM
    ok so i tried to flash my current stock os to cm7, i did a nandroid back up, then i flashed the zip for cm7, then wiped data, then flashed google apps
    By this I thought you meant you flashed the rom first, wiped, then flashed google apps so I thought you did it in the wrong order. Glad to hear you got it working though and did not brick your phone.
    stephenggallant likes this.
    04-16-2011 09:43 PM
    I have cyanogen 7 installed right now and I'm trying to get my weather widget to place on the home screen. It is not working though and when I try to place it, it goes to download the default skin and then proceeds to say that the download failed. I have a perfect 3g connection right now too. Does this app just not work with cyanogen or what? And with cyanbread this is the most amazing phone GUI I have ever seen good work .
    04-17-2011 02:42 PM
    looks like Zefie is no longer working on roms for the optimus

Twitter
    04-20-2011 06:02 PM
    i found a bug. when downloading apps from the market it doesnt show you the percentage.
    04-23-2011 07:17 PM
    i found a bug. when downloading apps from the market it doesnt show you the percentage.
    You might want to switch to either an S rom or a better idea, with working mms, is the AOSP rom. This rom is dead as far as I know but the AOSP is still being developed.
    04-23-2011 08:25 PM
    Zefie is apparently taking a break from Android development.

Considering the recent changes in AOSP, I would switch to that, at least for the time being.
    04-23-2011 08:34 PM
    I just checked out the OS forum and zefie has a recent build out for them. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2011 03:38 PM
    I just checked out the OS forum and zefie has a recent build out for them. Just thought I'd let ya know.

I saw that. It's been updated alot apparently.
    04-28-2011 11:20 PM
    I saw that. It's been updated alot apparently.
    I recently came from the optimus s I thought it was a good rom. If this onecan get updated I'd be willing to give it a run as long as mms worked. Id try the sprint version but don't know what works and doesn't work with our phone.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2011 11:25 PM
    is this rom gonna get updated anytime soon?
    04-29-2011 12:55 AM
    is this rom gonna get updated anytime soon?
    Try this:

1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    2) Then flash the currently Optimus S NIGHTLY (top most is latest)
    3) Flash this Optimus V patch that I made
    4) Then flash Google Apps
    5) reboot

It is important that you flash in that exact order. Do not flash the patch if you have already booted into the rom. You must patch before the first boot up.

I have no idea if this will work, but I took my best stab at what needed to be changed for it to work on the OV.
    04-29-2011 02:39 AM
    Try this:

5) reboot

It is important that you flash in that exact order. Do not flash the patch if you have already booted into the rom. You must patch before the first boot up.

I have no idea if this will work, but I took my best stab at what needed to be changed for it to work on the OV.
    Is there a debug.zip that will work for the current aospcwmod recovery?? If not will thunderc recovery work to flash the debug? Because the current version of aospcwmod recovery says that the debug has been deprecated. Pls reply

04-29-2011 03:38 AM
    Try this:

5) reboot

i tried these steps and my phone got stuck on the LG bootup screen
    04-29-2011 05:45 AM
372 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD