05-01-2012 01:18 AM
372 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    i tried these steps and my phone got stuck on the LG bootup screen
    Dang! Well, that didn't work and I think I know why.
    04-29-2011 09:59 AM
    Dang! Well, that didn't work and I think I know why.
    It was the FIRST LG bootup screen btw. Let me know when u figure it out please I'd like to try this rom out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2011 10:04 AM
    It was the FIRST LG bootup screen btw. Let me know when u figure it out please I'd like to try this rom out.

Here, Patch II (updated to Patch III):

1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    2) Then flash the current Optimus S NIGHTLY (top most is latest)
    3) Flash this Optimus V patch III that I made
    4) Then flash Google Apps
    5) reboot

It is important that you flash in that exact order. Do not flash the patch if you have already booted into the rom. You must patch before the first boot up.

Sorry, I updated it one more time!
    04-29-2011 10:09 AM

5) reboot

It is important that you flash in that exact order. Do not flash the patch if you have already booted into the rom. You must patch before the first boot up.

Tryin it out now. Will report wit results in a few min.

04-29-2011 11:05 AM
    I'd love to try this ROM again once mms works on it. Then again doubt it will as Zefie doesn't appear to be working on the OV Rom anymore.
    04-29-2011 11:09 AM

5) reboot

Lol just got done trying patch2. Didn't work. Time to try patch 3

04-29-2011 11:18 AM
    Lol just got done trying patch2. Didn't work. Time to try patch 3

Tried patch 3 freezes at cyanogen screen.

04-29-2011 11:20 AM
    Tried patch 3 freezes at cyanogen screen.

Dang it!

I guess it's not going to be as easy as I thought.....

You guys might be better off install aosp's CM7 for the V and then installing Xonia Kernel 10 or 14 anykernel edition. That will get you 98% to Zefie's CM7 and it WILL have working MMS.
    04-29-2011 11:24 AM
    Dang it!

You guys might be better off install aosp's CM7 for the V and then installing Xonia Kernel 10 or 14 anykernel edition. That will get you 98% to Zefie's CM7 and it WILL have working MMS.
    It was worth a shot mmarz. Appreciate the effort.

04-29-2011 11:27 AM
    Dang it!

I had my hopes up for Scott and his guitar lol;p no beans tho. Cummon mmarz I know u got this

04-29-2011 11:32 AM
    Ok, fine! You twisted my arm. One last attempt!

Same steps as before:

zefies-cm-7-Optimus V-PatchIV_signed.zip
    04-29-2011 11:35 AM
    For everyone that thinks this rom is "dead"......its not. Zephie is developing it againg. He WAs just having some rough times.

04-29-2011 11:36 AM
    In that case, I'll let it be. I'm sure he'll turn out something much better than my hack job. Although, I like the optimus S settings menu. It gives me access to options like reprogramming my voicemail number among other things. I'm not sure why the V roms don't add that. I know the stock rom doesn't have it, but I'm sure there is a way to add it.
    04-29-2011 11:46 AM
    In that case, I'll let it be. I'm sure he'll turn out something much better than my hack job. Although, I like the optimus S settings menu. It gives me access to options like reprogramming my voicemail number among other things. I'm not sure why the V roms don't add that. I know the stock rom doesn't have it, but I'm sure there is a way to add it.
    Hey guess wut Marz...lol u did it bro

EDIT: getting force closes up the as* on market and browser. Not sure of other apps yet
    04-29-2011 11:50 AM
    For everyone that thinks this rom is "dead"......its not. Zephie is developing it againg. He WAs just having some rough times.

Sorry, guess I should resort back to the saying about making assumptions lol.
    04-29-2011 12:03 PM
    Sorry, guess I should resort back to the saying about making assumptions lol.
    Lol sorry if I stated my self incorrectly. I know he's still deving for the os. Obviously not sure about the ov. Will ask if he can throw together a patch like mmarz. Generously did
    04-29-2011 12:22 PM
    Lol sorry if I stated my self incorrectly. I know he's still deving for the os. Obviously not sure about the ov. Will ask if he can throw together a patch like mmarz. Generously did
    Do you get the hands free activation pop up? That was the main thing I was trying to disable. I'll see if I can figure out the market problem. At least it boots!
    04-29-2011 12:28 PM
    Do you get the hands free activation pop up? That was the main thing I was trying to disable. I'll see if I can figure out the market problem. At least it boots!
    Hand free activation? Not sure what that is. I think u did want with that. As for the fc's. Did u figure that out yet?
    04-29-2011 06:08 PM
    Hand free activation? Not sure what that is. I think u did want with that. As for the fc's. Did u figure that out yet?
    Try using the updated google apps zip from the aosp thread. I don't know what could be causing the problem. See if that magically fixes it.
    04-29-2011 06:57 PM
    ay just wanted to say something i flashed zefies rom for the optimus s onto my v and it works no patches necessary ive been doing this for about a month, ive had 0 problems.
    04-29-2011 08:20 PM
    To everyone saying this rom isn't dead, Zefie isn't working on this one, icemank121 is. And he hasn't updated this for 2 months. Zefie said he will put out a Optimus V version when the S version is stable.
    04-29-2011 08:22 PM
    I also was using zefies scott pilgrim awesomeness. Never had any problem flashing it. I think the problems are coming from the version of recovery being used.
    04-29-2011 08:35 PM
    I also was using zefies scott pilgrim awesomeness. Never had any problem flashing it. I think the problems are coming from the version of recovery being used.
    I used xionia .6 version to try to flash it and that's what they are using to flash it to the OS to the best of my knowledge. Maybe try clockwork? Just a thought

Edit they (OS) are using xionia to flash as well
    04-29-2011 08:49 PM
    ay just wanted to say something i flashed zefies rom for the optimus s onto my v and it works no patches necessary ive been doing this for about a month, ive had 0 problems.
    Last time I tried that, I kept having a pop up that said "sprint hands free activation" and it would end up failing and killing my 3G. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, or maybe this was changed in this rom. If it works, then great! Does the accelerometer/screen rotation work too?
    04-29-2011 10:03 PM
    Hey mmarz did u pm me the wrong link for the patch?

04-30-2011 09:21 AM
372 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD