05-01-2012 01:18 AM
372 ... 12131415
tools
    Can we get this thread locked. The rom is old and actually more trouble then its worth. Archiving it would be the best solution.
    Kreatur3 and JerryScript like this.
    07-08-2011 07:46 PM
    Update please!!!!
    07-09-2011 06:13 PM
    I cant wait until the MMS bug is fixed. I'll definitely download and install then! Thanks!!
    07-12-2011 02:26 PM
    This rom has been abandoned. DO NO USE IT. THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
    Kreatur3 likes this.
    07-12-2011 02:42 PM
    Someone needs to contact Zefie to change the thread title to [DEAD ROM]. And get it locked so the trolls can't keep bumping this thread.
    07-12-2011 02:49 PM
    Stop resurrecting the dead people! This ROM IS DEAD as in NO MORE UPDATES. Its dev abandoned it a long time ago, its unfinished software with bugs and will no longer get any support, its like useing windows 95 on your PC. STOP using it unless you want a half finished ROM on your phone!

/rant off
    Kreatur3 and sblood86 like this.
    07-12-2011 04:42 PM
    hi im new to the forum but not new to hacking except i have a problem with the instruction. I GOT Stuck.
    i tried to do this but i factory reset my phone and now it go's to recovery mode and i cant get out of it (IM USING CWM 3.2.0.0). IT INSTALLED THE ROM BUT IT WONT OPEN IT. IT JUST GOES BACK TO RECOVERY.(I DID THE FACTORY RESET THROUGH PRIVACY IN SETTINGS) PLEAAAAASE HELP ME I TRIED TO LOOK EVERYWHERE BUT I CANT FIND THE SOLUTION. IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL REALY APRECIATE IT.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!
    07-26-2011 11:06 PM
    Look on this forum for "[Guide ][TOOL] How to root fastboot
    style. Fastest easiest way around". This may vd your only option. By the way, please read the post above yours. This rom is dead and buggy. If you want a 2.3 rom look at Backside, it is still being actively developed.
    07-27-2011 01:12 AM
    Yep u need fastboot
    07-27-2011 04:03 AM
    hi im new to the forum but not new to hacking except i have a problem with the instruction. I GOT Stuck.
    i tried to do this but i factory reset my phone and now it go's to recovery mode and i cant get out of it (IM USING CWM 3.2.0.0). IT INSTALLED THE ROM BUT IT WONT OPEN IT. IT JUST GOES BACK TO RECOVERY.(I DID THE FACTORY RESET THROUGH PRIVACY IN SETTINGS) PLEAAAAASE HELP ME I TRIED TO LOOK EVERYWHERE BUT I CANT FIND THE SOLUTION. IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL REALY APRECIATE IT.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!
    If you have ANY questions about the fastboot method please ASK first before you do anything so we can make sure you are doing it correctly. And yes this ROM is very old try asop CM7 or even ant3hos CM7 they are more current where as this one the MMS dose not work and its has issues with the proximity sensor working on the phone.
    07-27-2011 08:57 PM
    Anyone reviving this dead rom deserves to get a messed up phone. I feel no pity on people that don't understand the concept of reading comprehension. BRICK AWAY! Hope you get no help when you're done since you couldn't read to begin with...
    07-27-2011 11:24 PM
    i need help im frozen at the lg screen after installing the build
    07-29-2011 11:28 PM
    lol
    07-30-2011 12:05 AM
    My head just hit the desk in real life after reading that.

This is a dead ROM that means that its out dated and no longer supported in any way. If I could I would put a big DO NOT USE THIS ROM ON YOUR PHONE on the tittle.

Ok now to jimmy please post your problem in the forums so that as many people as possible can see it and try to help you. This is a thread for a dead ROM that seems to attract newbbies only reason I pop in here because somehow it comes up back from the dead and I want to warn people away from it.
    08-01-2011 10:52 PM
    I keep getting installation aborted :/ I'm following the installation instructions as exactly.
    08-05-2011 03:51 AM
    I keep getting installation aborted :/ I'm following the installation instructions as exactly.
    Guess thats a good thing reading further lol.
    08-05-2011 03:54 AM
    Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.

Test Build 03012011
    Download Test Build 03012011
    (b68335ab32d2f6e10b304c46af8b651e update-cm-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-virginmobile-Xionia-signed.zip)

Test Build 03012011 Changes
    1) Synced to newest CM7 source, based on Android 2.3.3
    2) Removed FM app for now

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
    1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
    2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    3) Wipe Data/Cache
    4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
    6) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous nightly:
    1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    2) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    3) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    4) Flash gapps to re-add Market
    5) Reboot
    6) If you have any issues, you can try to wipe data/cache and reboot

ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
    I have tested this using ClockworkMod Recovery posted with aospCMod at xda-developers. It works fine, just use the builtin format system instead of using the zip file.

ROM is odexed. No need to deodex, as there is now a built in realtime theme changer.

TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES:
    1) Voicemail - Go to Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Settings and change "*86" to YOUR phone number. You can now hold 1 to check voicemail in the dialer. This will be fixed in a later version.
    2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.
    3) Electron Beam - One of my favorite Gingerbread additions, Open Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Display and Check both Screen Animation boxes.
    4) Split SMS - Open Messaging, Push Menu button, Select Settings, Check "SMS split" and "Split counter" to auto-split messages over 160 characters.
    5) Battery Percentage - Go to Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks, you can check "Battery Percentage" to enable battery percentage in the status bar.

CURRENT OPTIMUS V SPECIFIC ISSUES
    1) MMS Receiving is still not working. Sending should work, please test.

Zefie's Original for the Optimus S
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...1-nightly.html

Source
    https://github.com/icemank121/
    https://github.com/zefie/

Special Thanks
    zefie - he has done all of the work for this on the Optimus S, I'm just building from his source with a few tweaks. Make sure you thank him for all he has done!
    mik_os - seriously, without him we wouldn't have this
    beezy
    Nick7
    cordell
    Everyone who has tested this ROM
    Everyone who has enjoys this ROM
    Everyone who has tested Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus S
    i just finished installing this on my vm optimus v ! your instructions really helped although there was something in the recovery menu that didnt let me run the debug format thingy. idk if that affects the phone in any way.hope not... but i went ahead and did everything else. it turned out okay. that being said this is my first and probably last time i do something like this.i rooted accidentaly.wel not quite, and accidentally factory reseted it. ACCIDENTLY! I spent hours trying to unfreeze the screen on clockworldmod that i amlost gave up. Its my first real phone and i thank u for such a neat set up.
    08-20-2011 03:06 PM
    DON"T USE THIS ROM!!!!

Its old really really old, its unfinished work, use Asop, or inferior human organs come, those are current CM7 Roms. In this ROM the MMS dose not work, the proximity sensor is buggy and after a while the ROM will slow down and act buggy.

The Dev dose not support this ROM any more its dead. Install something else. People please stop raising the dead just when I think this rom is dead and gone it zombies back to make me hit my head on the keyboard in frustration
    zoidberg_md likes this.
    08-20-2011 05:44 PM
    OK iam deff a noob.. but can someone help me. How do I get clockwork recovery 3.1 because its not working for 3.2.
    08-21-2011 10:38 PM
    ughhhh... this isnt working,, the format failed it said aborted, and i cant find nightly and my phone is effed up please help...im using v3.2.0.1
    09-12-2011 09:33 PM
    ughhhh... this isnt working,, the format failed it said aborted, and i cant find nightly and my phone is effed up please help...im using v3.2.0.1
    How did you even find this thread?

I mean on the first page is like three or four threads with more up to date roms....

First off delete anything you downloaded in the form of a rom from this thread or anything that says zefie's cm7. Now go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...l-cm7-1-a.html in hte first post there is a link to the IHO wiki and rom list. Pick one of those and continue down and download the IHO recovery. Be sure to pick up gapps from the link you will want to get the one dated 20110613.

Now using the method you used to put a custom recovery on the phone put the IHO one on. reboot and flash the rom you donwloaded then gapps.

If your phone is newer then you will probably need to check out this thread.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html

The newer Optimus V's have a different screen than the older ones and only one rom has the proper kernel built in. Everything you need to get your phone going will be linked in that thread also.
    zoidberg_md likes this.
    09-13-2011 04:45 AM
    I believe anyone using this ROM is likely a troll and deserves it.
    09-13-2011 09:10 AM
    Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.

Test Build 03012011
    Download Test Build 03012011
    (b68335ab32d2f6e10b304c46af8b651e update-cm-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-virginmobile-Xionia-signed.zip)

Test Build 03012011 Changes
    1) Synced to newest CM7 source, based on Android 2.3.3
    2) Removed FM app for now

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
    1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
    2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    3) Wipe Data/Cache
    4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
    6) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous nightly:
    1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    2) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    3) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    4) Flash gapps to re-add Market
    5) Reboot
    6) If you have any issues, you can try to wipe data/cache and reboot

ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
    I have tested this using ClockworkMod Recovery posted with aospCMod at xda-developers. It works fine, just use the builtin format system instead of using the zip file.

ROM is odexed. No need to deodex, as there is now a built in realtime theme changer.

TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES:
    1) Voicemail - Go to Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Settings and change "*86" to YOUR phone number. You can now hold 1 to check voicemail in the dialer. This will be fixed in a later version.
    2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.
    3) Electron Beam - One of my favorite Gingerbread additions, Open Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Display and Check both Screen Animation boxes.
    4) Split SMS - Open Messaging, Push Menu button, Select Settings, Check "SMS split" and "Split counter" to auto-split messages over 160 characters.
    5) Battery Percentage - Go to Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks, you can check "Battery Percentage" to enable battery percentage in the status bar.

CURRENT OPTIMUS V SPECIFIC ISSUES
    1) MMS Receiving is still not working. Sending should work, please test.

Zefie's Original for the Optimus S
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...1-nightly.html

Source
    https://github.com/icemank121/
    https://github.com/zefie/

Special Thanks
    zefie - he has done all of the work for this on the Optimus S, I'm just building from his source with a few tweaks. Make sure you thank him for all he has done!
    mik_os - seriously, without him we wouldn't have this
    beezy
    Nick7
    cordell
    Everyone who has tested this ROM
    Everyone who has enjoys this ROM
    Everyone who has tested Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus S
    I just tried all of this.... and its not working....
    09-13-2011 08:28 PM
    I just tried all of this.... and its not working....
    Do you know how to read?
    THIS ROM IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED IF YOU INSTALL IT YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE AND HAVE A 200 DOLLAR PAPER WEIGHT.

Do I have you attention now?

Seriously this rom is no longer in developement. Go look in the thread called Inferior Human Organs there is plenty of roms there that is developed weekly/daily and will not give issues.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BURN IT IN FIRE.
    KEEPING IT SEARCHABLE ONLY CREATES ISSUES FOR YOUR COMMUNITY.
    FOR THE LOVE OF ANDROID IF YOU AGREE PLEASE THANK AND LIKE THIS POST!!
    09-14-2011 12:15 PM
    I do everything you say, I have ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6, And My phone gets stuck at LG Logo and doesnt do nothing. Could anyone help?
    09-19-2011 05:10 AM
372 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD