05-01-2012 12:18 AM
372 ... 23456 ...
tools
    nvm this rom is better
    03-01-2011 11:10 PM
    Sdxben, see this thread on swype's forum, it worked for me:
    Swype is Configured for Another Device - Flashing Blue Box

I had to follow option 3, and uninstall both the swype installer, and swype, and then reinstall (which relicenses swype). Hope this helps!

About Swpe... I have already tried that and just tried it again to make sure. No luck, so I uninstalled cleared cache then reinstalled. Still no luck. Any other suggestions
    sdxben and r00t like this.
    03-01-2011 11:18 PM
    For those who want to map a function to the defunct voice dialer button on the side can use this: [GUIDE] How to Remap Hardkey Actions || Custom App Launching - xda-developers

Just substitute the hero file with "thunder_keypad.kl". I got mine working as a call button.

(Please note I am not the author of that thread. All credit goes to their respective owners.)
    03-01-2011 11:32 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. It was indeed a lincense issue. I am using swype now.
    Sdxben, see this thread on swype's forum, it worked for me:
    Swype is Configured for Another Device - Flashing Blue Box

I had to follow option 3, and uninstall both the swype installer, and swype, and then reinstall (which relicenses swype). Hope this helps!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-01-2011 11:36 PM
    this rom doen't flash for me with clockwork 3.0.0.5 because of thunderc script exception
    3.0.0.6 bricks my phone
    here is cat /proc/cpuinfo
    what can I do to flash custom rom?

Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
    BogoMIPS : 245.61
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 6TEJ
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xb36
    CPU revision : 5

Hardware : THUNDER Global board (LGE LGP500)
    Revision : 0000
    Serial : 0000000000000000
    03-02-2011 04:55 AM
    this rom doen't flash for me with clockwork 3.0.0.5 because of thunderc script exception
    3.0.0.6 bricks my phone
    here is cat /proc/cpuinfo
    what can I do to flash custom rom?
    Do you have an Optimus V? from that cpuinfo it looks like you have an Optimus One or other GSM version.
    03-02-2011 06:26 AM
    Is tethering currently working? I keep getting an error
    Do you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. Has anybody get the same issue?
    03-02-2011 07:45 AM
    Does this build fix the crappy music headset issue? Thanks

-Nick
    03-02-2011 08:10 AM
    Do you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. Has anybody get the same issue?
    Wifi Tethering is still a no go as of yet..
    Or at least I have not been able to get it to work with 3rd party apps nor the build in options..
    Havent tryed USB tethering but Im sure that works as that has never been an issue before..
    Does this build fix the crappy music headset issue? Thanks
    I have not had issues like I had before with any headset pushbuttons as of yet

For those who want to map a function to the defunct voice dialer button on the side can use this: [GUIDE] How to Remap Hardkey Actions || Custom App Launching - xda-developers

Just substitute the hero file with "thunder_keypad.kl". I got mine working as a call button.

(Please note I am not the author of that thread. All credit goes to their respective owners.)
    Thanks man..
    it works great with this ROM..
    03-02-2011 09:53 AM
    Thanks for the great work on this rom.

I found another issue with this rom. The gps takes a lot longer to detect a position google map in comparison to stock or the aospCmod rom (almost instantly).
    03-02-2011 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the great work on this rom.

I found another issue with this rom. The gps takes a lot longer to detect a position google map in comparison to stock or the aospCmod rom (almost instantly).
    Haven't tried this rom, but with aosp rom gps turned off on its own, and some times it wouldnt even detect where I was at.
    03-02-2011 01:35 PM
    Just flashed a lil bit ago wifi doesn't work at all not just tethering

03-02-2011 02:21 PM
    Wifi Tethering is still a no go as of yet..
    Or at least I have not been able to get it to work with 3rd party apps nor the build in options..
    Havent tryed USB tethering but Im sure that works as that has never been an issue before..
    Wifi tethering is working for me using barnacle wifi tethering.
    03-02-2011 05:20 PM
    Wifi tethering is working for me using barnacle wifi tethering.
    Havent used that app with this ROM yet.. ill have to test it later..

WiFi in general works fine on my end and so does GPS!..

NEW ISSUE (could be my doing):
    When tapping the power button the screen will not go to lock mode and turn off like it used too..
    Worked fine about 5hrs ago..
    Holding the button will still allow me to shutphone down as well as Reboot and what not.. Plus the button will turn the screen on however I just can not for the life of me get the screen to turn off with the power button..

Could be some setting however I have looked over all of the settings and see nothing towards the power button other then to end calls..
    I have even adb shelled to the phone and grabed the THUNDER_KEYPAD.kl and all the settings look normal..
    Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
    cancel my issue..
    I forgot I changed the "END BUTTON BEHAVIOR" within "SPARE PARTS" to "DO NOTHING"..
    Issue is fixed..
    Man I feel like a dumb azz~
    03-02-2011 08:34 PM
    Sry wifi is fine it was my fault

03-02-2011 09:49 PM
    CONFIRMED
    Tethering is working fine with 3rd party apps.

Only big issue I have is trying to still exstract Swype from the stock NAND and find a way to inject it to this ROM.
    Be nice if it where already pre-injected for us N00Bz-

03-02-2011 10:19 PM
    CONFIRMED
    Tethering is working fine with 3rd party apps.

Only big issue I have is trying to still exstract Swype from the stock NAND and find a way to inject it to this ROM.
    Be nice if it where already pre-injected for us N00Bz-

It's far easier to just go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta.
    Register for the beta, get it installed, then you can back it up much easier with Titanium or another APK backup system.

If you insist on the hard way...
    You need to copy over these two files:
    /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    /system/app/Swype.apk

Keep in mind, you can't just copy these to the new system as it is read only. You need to change permissions first, copy over, then change them back.
    03-02-2011 10:44 PM
    Gonna give this ROM a try tomorrow at work, just in case something goes wrong, I have 9 hours to fix it. LOL
    03-02-2011 10:56 PM
    Does anyone know how to pull out the alarm ringtones from a nand backup of the stock rom? There were a few in the stock, but not in zefie's, that I miss.
    03-02-2011 11:12 PM
    I don't know how to do it. I just backed up my current rom, restored the nand backup, went into the directories to pull whatever files, then restored back.

If you have a better, quicker way I'm all ears.
    03-02-2011 11:44 PM
    Should I do a nandroid backup, or a nandroid + .secure, or..............??
    03-02-2011 11:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to pull out the alarm ringtones from a nand backup of the stock rom? There were a few in the stock, but not in zefie's, that I miss.
    Copy the nandroid backup from your SD card to a folder in your computer. Use unyaffs(attached to this post) to extract the system.img from the nandroid. Go into system/media/audio/notifications,ringtones(whichever ones you want) into the folders that just extracted. Copy whatever ringtones from there back into your phone into the same place. You will need to mount it Read/Write access with adb, or you can just use root explorer to do that step. When all the files are copied, reboot your phone and all your ringtones you wanted will selectable.
    rentonj7 likes this.
    03-03-2011 03:19 AM
    Copy the nandroid backup from your SD card to a folder in your computer. Use unyaffs(attached to this post) to extract the system.img from the nandroid. Go into system/media/audio/notifications,ringtones(whichever ones you want) into the folders that just extracted. Copy whatever ringtones from there back into your phone into the same place. You will need to mount it Read/Write access with adb, or you can just use root explorer to do that step. When all the files are copied, reboot your phone and all your ringtones you wanted will selectable.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks Liquidplacidity.
    03-03-2011 06:58 AM
    Installed without a hitch, works AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work, I went back to stock however, because I really need my MMS.
    03-03-2011 09:51 AM
    It's far easier to just go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta.
    Register for the beta, get it installed, then you can back it up much easier with Titanium or another APK backup system.

If you insist on the hard way...
    You need to copy over these two files:
    /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    /system/app/Swype.apk

Keep in mind, you can't just copy these to the new system as it is read only. You need to change permissions first, copy over, then change them back.
    Just the info I was searching for..
    Thank you for the help..
    Ill try this later tonight
    I went back to stock however, because I really need my MMS.
    Ya thats one big issue that all 2.3 FW's seems to have with custom ROMz..
    You can still send MMS's however retrieving them will result in a 999-xx~ number with jumbaled text for the media..
    SMS's still work fine though witch is a good thing..
    Other then that and BlueTooth having issue's I be-leave the custom CM7 is a damn good ROM in deed..
    03-03-2011 10:08 AM
372 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD