05-01-2012 01:18 AM
372 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Copy the nandroid backup from your SD card to a folder in your computer. Use unyaffs(attached to this post) to extract the system.img from the nandroid. Go into system/media/audio/notifications,ringtones(whichever ones you want) into the folders that just extracted. Copy whatever ringtones from there back into your phone into the same place. You will need to mount it Read/Write access with adb, or you can just use root explorer to do that step. When all the files are copied, reboot your phone and all your ringtones you wanted will selectable.
    if anyone's interested, there's now an app on the market to extract from the .img files right on the device. It's also called unyaffs.
    Hopefully not too far off-topic.
    03-03-2011 11:22 AM
    CONFIRMED
    Tethering is working fine with 3rd party apps.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I found that whether I use WiFi tether, or barnacle after I exit I cannot enable WiFi without a reboot. Also, went in turned on BT, and when I went to turn it off, phone rebooted.
    03-03-2011 01:14 PM
    USB Tethering is not working for me. I click it and it grays out and says "USB Not Connected"
    03-03-2011 02:22 PM
    I found that whether I use WiFi tether, or barnacle after I exit I cannot enable WiFi without a reboot. Also, went in turned on BT, and when I went to turn it off, phone rebooted.
    Try using this http://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether as I did not have any issues reverting back to WiFi after tethering.
    USB Tethering is not working for me. I click it and it grays out and says "USB Not Connected"
    Try using Easytether
    http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mstream.easytether_beta

The on board tethering for usb & WiFi is both broken & 3rd party apps are needed to work.

03-03-2011 02:26 PM
    Try using this http://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether as I did not have any issues reverting back to WiFi after tethering.

That's what I was trying

Sent from my LG Optimus V
    03-03-2011 02:49 PM
    You need to copy over these two files:
    /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    /system/app/Swype.apk
    Can someone pull the Swype files and post them here?

This should do it:

adb shell
    mkdir /sdmedia/swype
    cp /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so /sdcard/swype/
    cp /system/app/Swype.apk /sdcard/swype/
    exit

Then just zip the swype folder from your sdcard and it post here.

If you want to add it to your system do this:

This is a very mess way to do it and it might break things and cause issues.

• Change permissions to allow write:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit
    exit

• Push the files to your phone:

adb push libSwypeCore.so /system/lib/
    adb push Swype.apk /system/app/

• Restore permissions back to read only:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit
    exit
    03-03-2011 05:49 PM
    Can someone pull the Swype files and post them here?

This should do it:

adb shell
    mkdir /sdmedia/swype
    cp /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so /sdcard/swype/
    cp /system/app/Swype.apk /sdcard/swype/
    exit

Then just zip the swype folder from your sdcard and it post here.

If you want to add it to your system do this:

This is a very mess way to do it and it might break things and cause issues.

• Change permissions to allow write:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit
    exit

• Push the files to your phone:

adb push libSwypeCore.so /system/lib/
    adb push Swype.apk /system/app/

• Restore permissions back to read only:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit
    exit
    Well I tried copying those files over, I extracted them from RevolutionRed's stock ROM mod, I rebooted and tried using it, it gave me a message saying it wasn't lisensed to use Swype on this phone. Then I got the blue box again.

So I guess it is a licensing issue. Going to try doing #3 from the Swype forums again, I think it just takes more time to do the license process. I remember waiting a bet then getting impatient at the acquiring license screen and hitting back before the screen finished.
    03-03-2011 06:59 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with the screen coming back on when in a call? I checked the proximity always on and the screen doesnt come back on if i move away.
    03-03-2011 07:43 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with the screen coming back on when in a call? I checked the proximity always on and the screen doesnt come back on if i move away.
    I noticed this in the last 2 days. It lets me continue the phone call, but the screen doesn't come back. It either restarts the phone, or I have to pull the battery. I'd say it happens on about 25% of calls for me.
    03-03-2011 07:48 PM
    Well I tried copying those files over, I extracted them from RevolutionRed's stock ROM mod, I rebooted and tried using it, it gave me a message saying it wasn't lisensed to use Swype on this phone. Then I got the blue box again.

So I guess it is a licensing issue. Going to try doing #3 from the Swype forums again, I think it just takes more time to do the license process. I remember waiting a bet then getting impatient at the acquiring license screen and hitting back before the screen finished.
    I noticed that DroidWall firewall app that I installed was preventing SwypeInstaller from connecting. I disabled DroidWall completely, and SwypeInstaller downloaded and immediately licensed Swype, ticked Swype in Language & keyboard, clicked OK, hit back, then selected Swype, and finally clicked Finish. I rebooted settings were set and Swype works alongside Android Keyboard now. So make sure your connection is good and stable, no firewall apps. Just be patient for the license and make sure you follow the installation screen carefully.

I guess licensing is a big issue, if we can figure out how to retain and manipulate the stock ROM licenses it might work. I'm pretty sure they add Android version numbers to the licenses as well.
    03-03-2011 07:52 PM
    Performance is really good with this rom. Angry Birds works better on this than the stock 2.2 Froyo rom. I love the fact that it has the stock launcher too
    03-03-2011 08:36 PM
    I just tried this and it freezes on bootup at the "cyanogen mod 7" splash screen. Should I just try the steps over? Thanks
    03-03-2011 09:53 PM
    Nvmd I didn't clear the data...thanks!
    03-03-2011 10:02 PM
    The only issue I am running into is setting up a Microsoft Exchange email account. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    03-03-2011 10:44 PM
    The only issue I am running into is setting up a Microsoft Exchange email account. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Well......what's happening?
    03-03-2011 10:52 PM
    After I enter username and password, it asks for domain, username etc. Once I do that, it tries to connect but comes with an error "unable to establish open connection."

EDIT- I got it setup. On the initial screen, I had to enter username and password, then do manual setup. The default way caused that error for some reason!
    03-03-2011 10:54 PM

Did you fiddle with the build.prop at all? I am no expert but the workaround to get swype working on the gtablet was to take the swype files from the galaxy tab and then modify the build.prop to match the galaxy tab's. Again I'm a newb but it did work for me on my gtablet. I went by the instructions here.

Swype on Gtablet - xda-developers
    03-03-2011 11:11 PM
    For users wanting Swype.
    Just go to the Swypes main site and register for the beta.
    That's what I did and its working well.

I was just going to post this same issue as it just started doing this yesterday on me as well.

03-04-2011 12:33 AM
    For users wanting Swype.
    Just go to the Swypes main site and register for the beta.
    That's what I did and its working well.
    I think the reason that people are looking for alternative ways of getting swype on CM7 is that, like me, swype beta stops working after a reboot. there is a fix but it's one that has to be applied after each reboot which is annoying at least for me.
    03-04-2011 10:08 AM
    I just tried this and it freezes on bootup at the "cyanogen mod 7" splash screen. Should I just try the steps over? Thanks
    Same thing happened to me when I missed step no 3) in this instruction,

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
    1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
    2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
    3) Wipe Data/Cache
    4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
    6) Reboot
    03-04-2011 11:48 AM
    What does white/grey 3G/wifi symbols mean? That the connection is initializing and not ready yet?
    03-04-2011 11:57 AM
    What does white/grey 3G/wifi symbols mean? That the connection is initializing and not ready yet?
    It only turns green if you have a connection to Google I believe. If you never put in a Google Account it never turns green.
    03-04-2011 11:59 AM
    I have switched back to RevRed's ROM for now. I know other people have talked about the headphone volume...I hooked my phone up to my 5.1 surround speakers and had no bass. I'm an android noob, but it also won't play bass through my car speakers. I loved the ROM, but I need my bass!
    03-04-2011 01:25 PM
    Anyone run into this?

When you make a call, and the proximity sensor shuts off the screen, after the call, the phone freezes with a blank screen
    03-04-2011 02:03 PM
    Anyone run into this?

When you make a call, and the proximity sensor shuts off the screen, after the call, the phone freezes with a blank screen
    Yes, all you have to do if it happens is set your whole hand on top of the phone then pull it off. At least thats what I do and it makes it work.
    philetus likes this.
    03-04-2011 02:08 PM
372 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD