05-01-2012 01:18 AM
372 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Im using setting profile to activate things like bt and wifi and start pandora when connecting to my bt in my truck. I would also like to set it where the render widget will activate and set the screen to a effect.

Settings profile uses the process instead of just naming it like render effects. I cant figure out what process I should be starting or even if it is possible.

Any ideas?
    03-04-2011 05:17 PM
    Hey icemank121,

First, thanks so much for putting this ROM together for the V community! I very much appreciate all the hard work you put into this!

I had a quick question. Aside from the key mapping (swapping the home/menu keys), what other tweaks were necessary to port zefile's Optimus S build to the V?

Any insights you could share would be much appreciated!
    03-04-2011 05:17 PM
    Anyone run into this?

When you make a call, and the proximity sensor shuts off the screen, after the call, the phone freezes with a blank screen
    Go to settings, call settings, check the Always Use Proximity box. Shutdown (not reboot you have to shut down) then power on and it should work fine.

I had to do the same thing in aosp's rom.
    03-04-2011 07:39 PM
    I'm having issues with the voice dial physical button, and the button on my headphones
    03-04-2011 08:11 PM
    I'm having issues with the voice dial physical button, and the button on my headphones
    yea those buttons dont work on either.
    03-04-2011 08:49 PM
    Hello. I just switched between this rom, the aosp cm7 rom and then stock. It seems both cm7 roms mess with the camera. With stock my camera has zoom options between 1x and 4x, but with cm7 the options are between 0.1x and 0.5x which basically is no zoom . Also, there is a slight but noticeable difference in the brightness regardless of the lighting setting. The picture is slightly brighter with stock.
    03-04-2011 09:50 PM
    This rom looks great, i got swype, it works, just do as they say and go to the site and get the beta version. i have the xionia kernal on my V.

Cons on my phone i found:
    1. accelerometer is bad (playing abduction is impossible) - NEVER Mind.... I had to calibrate my phone
    2. when downloading in market, things start to get a little choppy
    3. sound isnt "normal" but i can deal with it
    4. on calls the screen stays black ( i did turn on proximity sensor ) but as sdxben said just put your hand on it then remove it and it turns on... or plug the charger in then take out.
    5. Soft reset has been removed... so holding vol up + power for 5 secs wont reset the phone if it freezes
    6. overclock to 806 reboots my phone
    7. Double tap to zoom, in the camera crashes the camera, andddd the camera seems to be lower quality.... or thats just me.... zoom is gone

for all the people who can read and understand how to install and want to see a video of someone else doing it

im not sure if i can post links soooooo... search in youtube:
    Installing Cyanogen 7 Optimus V

When this rom is complete, im sure it would be reeeeeeal great
    03-05-2011 10:21 AM
    About the battery drain issue...
    Today I charged my battery to 100% and after an hour of playing music with the screen off and the cpu underclocked to 245, the battery was at 60%. I looked at the battery use and cell standby was using 50% of that battery. I went into airplane mode and let it continue. 3 hours later the battery went down 2%. So, the issue has to lie with the cell radio somehow.
    03-05-2011 08:44 PM
    I just went back to stock ROM. I couldn't put up with the assortment of problems, eventhough I did dig the enhancements a lot. Stability and functionality wins this round.
    03-05-2011 09:46 PM
    This ROM is excellent, but it just needs the dang headset issue fixed. Music sounds so crappy, which is unfortunate, because I use my phone for all my music as well.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-06-2011 05:07 AM
    I just went back to stock ROM. I couldn't put up with the assortment of problems, eventhough I did dig the enhancements a lot. Stability and functionality wins this round.
    I agree completely.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-06-2011 05:49 AM
    Can we get a list of things that don't work on this ROM?
    03-06-2011 12:19 PM
    Can we get a list of things that don't work on this ROM?
    I think the only thing that flat out doesn't work is MMS. All the other problems are mostly just beta weirdness.
    03-06-2011 01:05 PM
    I thought this was nightly updated for bug fixes? or is that just the Optimus is version?
    03-09-2011 12:47 AM
    I thought this was nightly updated for bug fixes? or is that just the Optimus is version?
    Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.
    see above
    03-09-2011 05:35 AM
    I have been running the 03012011 ROM for a few days. I too experience very poor battery life. I have tried several tweaks to help improve the life but nothing seems to work. Cell Idol is using 60%, so last night I did a test. I put the phone in Airplane mode and for nine hours the battery dropped one percent. This morning I turned the radio back on and after twenty minutes idle in my pocket it has dropped four percent I don't know what it is doing, but I hope this will help diagnose the issue.

GREAT ROM! It is very stable, love all the options, and the ability to OC
    03-09-2011 06:47 AM
    I have been running the 03012011 ROM for a few days. I too experience very poor battery life. I have tried several tweaks to help improve the life but nothing seems to work. Cell Idol is using 60%, so last night I did a test. I put the phone in Airplane mode and for nine hours the battery dropped one percent. This morning I turned the radio back on and after twenty minutes idle in my pocket it has dropped four percent I don't know what it is doing, but I hope this will help diagnose the issue.

GREAT ROM! It is very stable, love all the options, and the ability to OC
    *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Cell radio bug fixed. Also, turn off Wifi,bluetooth,GPS,and mobile data until you need any of it. I'm getting 3-4 days of battery life with mine with moderate to heavy use.
    bn likes this.
    03-09-2011 07:21 AM
    There is also an app that puts the phone into airplane mode for 12 seconds at boot up that fixes this.
    03-09-2011 08:00 AM
    Sounds great, what's the name of that app?

There is also an app that puts the phone into airplane mode for 12 seconds at boot up that fixes this.
    03-09-2011 02:31 PM
    So than the nightly updates for the optimus s Will work just have reversed buttons, Because From what I saw there were hardly any bugs on the newest cyanogen optimus s rom.
    03-09-2011 05:41 PM
    *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Cell radio bug fixed. Also, turn off Wifi,bluetooth,GPS,and mobile data until you need any of it. I'm getting 3-4 days of battery life with mine with moderate to heavy use.
    So by doing this it keeps me in 1g? Why would I pay for 3g service and purposely keep it set to 1g?

I know its a bug fix but com'on I wouldnt call that a bug fix maybe a work around till its properly fixed.
    03-09-2011 06:30 PM
    see above
    Did you even bother to check the zefie thread on the S?
    It appears to have fixed some of the bugs.

Im sure this will be updated soon, when Iceman realizes the build has been updated.

BTW your name...such a 90's meme...
    03-09-2011 06:33 PM
    Nope, didn't bother to check since I have an Optimus V.

I can haz a meme name? See, that's an overdone meme.
    03-09-2011 10:47 PM
    Thanks for the hard work!

Everything seems to work well. With the proximity sensor during calls, I've done some testing, and I don't think that it stops working. I think it is a matter of timing. I can make the sensor work again by covering it with my finger repeatedly. If I time it wrong, the screen will only briefly turn back on.

I can't get the USB mass storage page to come up. From the Notifications-Ongoing page, clicking USB connected makes a fash and takes me to my homepage. Also, the hotspot feature gives an error. Even a hotspot widget I got from the market doesn't work. It worked under the stock rom.

So I have now tried the stock rom, RodimusROM v1.2.2, and this release. The benchmarks show that this release is by far the "best", but.... do you guys actually see any increase in performance? What program, that struggled before, really flies now? I'm having a hard time seeing any difference in performance.
    03-10-2011 12:59 AM
    Nope, didn't bother to check since I have an Optimus V.

I can haz a meme name? See, that's an overdone meme.
    And this is built from the S rom. Just tweaked to work you your V.
    03-10-2011 03:13 AM
372 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD