05-01-2012 12:18 AM
372 ... 678910 ...
tools
    OMG it works great, im on love!
    03-16-2011 12:06 AM
    I'm pretty sure that almost all phones need to be on in order to charge. I can't think of a phone that I've had that hasn't turned on when charging.

Also, whats the current status of WiFi tethering with something like quick settings?
    My Droid X would stay off to charge.
    Most phones are designed to be off while charging just so you can charge them faster. I think there is something built into CM that auto boots the phone when plugged in.
    03-16-2011 01:02 AM
    The posters above are stating that the battery lava charge is not showing as it did when stock while charging.

I've noticed as well. Just didn't waste my time posting it as the newest CM7 ROM for the S has this fixed and I'm just waiting for the port to be updated here for the updated version.
    Yeah, it does a full boot whenever plugged in.

Can we use the Optimus S CM7 on our Vs or does it have to be optimized first?
    03-16-2011 01:49 AM
    Yeah, it does a full boot whenever plugged in.

Can we use the Optimus S CM7 on our Vs or does it have to be optimized first?
    Im using the scott pilgrim awesomeness currently.

The only thing I noticed is it swaps home and menu and incorrectly labels my phone as a sprint model.

Otherwise its exactly the same as this one.

The mms issue is still borked for me atleast and I havent had a chance to test BT yet. Imma try and reflash it after a complete wipe and see how it performs later.
    03-16-2011 02:18 AM
    I've been running this pretty much since released. Love it. Don't do the wireless tethering right now and only use outgoing MMS (like to have 'em but they're not show-stoppers,) so this ROM's working well for me. A little heavy on the battery while the radio is on, but in airplane mode I had zero % drain while sleeping overnight.
    I've noticed reboots on my V when overclocked past 806 MHz, so set it to 806 and had no real trouble for over a week until I started taxing the CPU with some heavy work in the terminal; then started getting lockups and reboots at 806 MHz as well, so I'm currently testing stability at 787 MHz while fiercely beating up the processor.
    Very nice work.
    03-16-2011 04:43 PM
    when i installed this rom on the lg optimus v i had issues with the proximity sensor when in call the screen went off and i had to press the power button to hang up and connect the phone to the charger to get my screen back
    03-16-2011 05:15 PM
    when i installed this rom on the lg optimus v i had issues with the proximity sensor when in call the screen went off and i had to press the power button to hang up and connect the phone to the charger to get my screen back
    Read the past few pages here as this has been stated.
    Also read the first post again with in the "Tips & Tricks" as it states how to fix this issue.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2011 12:14 AM
    Read the past few pages here as this has been stated.
    Also read the first post again with in the "Tips & Tricks" as it states how to fix this issue.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I have this same issue and this "fix" did not work for me.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    03-17-2011 12:21 AM

Its a known bug, they are trying to figure it out.
    That is the closest you get to a fix. 80% of the time it works.
    The worst part is the issue is hardware related and more than likely not gonna be fixable with software.
    03-17-2011 12:33 AM

You can try using the Call Light app to keep the screen on during a call.
    claudiac1969 likes this.
    03-17-2011 10:20 AM
    Any news on updating for Zefie's 3/14 release? Or a way to DIY it?
    03-17-2011 10:28 AM
    Any news on updating for Zefie's 3/14 release? Or a way to DIY it?
    From what I know, you can download the Optimus S port and then get ButtonRemapper https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result in the market which can remap or switch any of the hardware keys you want- Because the S and V have swapped home keys.
    03-17-2011 10:39 AM
    For those of that can't wait for the official V port of the 03172011 build, here is the S version:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...1-nightly.html

Use this keyboard file to fix the swapped buttons: http://www.mediafire.com/?l9gvk1gful2gpyg

Place it in \system\usr\keylayout and you are good to go.
    03-17-2011 11:53 PM
    What's new in 0314?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    03-18-2011 12:53 AM
    What's new in 0314?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    The version number? Nothing seems to have been fixed from the previous release, and there is no change log.
    03-18-2011 12:58 AM
    I flashed to this rom today. After a titanium restore of my apps and system data, the wallpaper reverted back to what it was before the flash, and I haven't been able to change it since. I wiped the data on a few settings via titanium backup, but that didn't help. I did a battery pull rebooted and was stuck in the cm7 boot animation. After about 10 minutes, I did another battery pull and was still stuck in the boot animation. Finally, I just did a nandroid restore to my previous rom. Any ideas on what went wrong here?
    03-18-2011 11:54 PM
    What features (aside from MMS), are missing/broken with this release?
    I can sacrifice MMS but I need audio through the jack etc.
    Thanks
    03-19-2011 05:38 PM
    I was attempting to flash this in Clockwork mod recovery, but couldn't flash the first .zip file as it said something about an updater thing not being supported anymore.

anyone else with that problem?
    03-19-2011 11:45 PM
    I was attempting to flash this in Clockwork mod recovery, but couldn't flash the first .zip file as it said something about an updater thing not being supported anymore.

anyone else with that problem?
    I wasn't able to use clockwork to flash it, had the same problem. I eventually got it to flash something using clockwork, but it hung on boot. So I flashed thunderc recovery (linked in OP as GNM Recovery), then I was able to flash Zefie's CM7 w/o problem.
    03-22-2011 05:09 AM
    So despite having "Always use proximity" enabled in my call settings, it was still hit-n-miss on it actually working for me. Sometimes my screen would work after a call, sometimes it wouldn't.

I found this post which mentioned changing a setting in build.prop and rebooting... this seems to have fixed the issue for me. Their post mentions "mot.proximity.delay" but my phone was actually "ro.lge.proximity.delay". I also didn't bother doing the adb pull/push as described, I just used the adb shell to check the setting with grep, used sed to change it, then a reboot...

[root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb remount system
    remount succeeded
    [root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb shell
    # cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak <-- always make a backup
    # grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- checking current proximity delay setting
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=100
    # sed -i 's/proximity.delay=100/proximity.delay=25/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 100 to 25
    # grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    # reboot

After phone reboots... call your voicemail, and test the setting by placing hand in front of screen, removing hand, repeat. Then go drink beer
    03-22-2011 05:29 AM
    You, sir, are a freaking genius! It works on my phone!
    03-22-2011 09:59 AM
    Thanks, acemc03, this worked for me! Now i just need the draining batter issue.
    03-22-2011 10:04 AM
    Do you know what the values are in? Milliseconds?
    03-22-2011 11:13 AM
    Thanks, acemc03, this worked for me! Now i just need the draining batter issue.
    No prob. I also found another page mention changing some other settings in build.prop, such as the wifi scan interval to possibly help with battery life... I figure it's worth a shot.

remount succeeded
    # cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak2 <-- always make a backup
    # grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- checking current scan setting
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20
    # sed -i 's/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 20 to 60
    # grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60
    # reboot

Do you know what the values are in? Milliseconds?
    Yeah, the proximity.delay settings would be in milliseconds (at least that would be my guess, but I'm not able to confirm it.)

And the wifi scan_interval looks like it would be in seconds.
    03-22-2011 11:31 PM
    No prob. I also found another page mention changing some other settings in build.prop, such as the wifi scan interval to possibly help with battery life... I figure it's worth a shot.

remount succeeded
    # cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak2 <-- always make a backup
    # grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- checking current scan setting
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20
    # sed -i 's/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 20 to 60
    # grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60
    # reboot

Yeah, the proximity.delay settings would be in milliseconds (at least that would be my guess, but I'm not able to confirm it.)

And the wifi scan_interval looks like it would be in seconds.

Can someone else let us know how much this helps with battery life? I'd like to do it but I don't want it to be a wasted effort if it only gets me a little more time
    03-23-2011 12:38 AM
372 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD