ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngjock

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.

device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png

Test Build 03012011
Download Test Build 03012011
(b68335ab32d2f6e10b304c46af8b651e update-cm-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-virginmobile-Xionia-signed.zip)

Test Build 03012011 Changes
1) Synced to newest CM7 source, based on Android 2.3.3
2) Removed FM app for now

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
3) Wipe Data/Cache
4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
6) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous nightly:
1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
2) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
3) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
4) Flash gapps to re-add Market
5) Reboot
6) If you have any issues, you can try to wipe data/cache and reboot

ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
I have tested this using ClockworkMod Recovery posted with aospCMod at xda-developers. It works fine, just use the builtin format system instead of using the zip file.

ROM is odexed. No need to deodex, as there is now a built in realtime theme changer.

TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES:
1) Voicemail - Go to Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Settings and change "*86" to YOUR phone number. You can now hold 1 to check voicemail in the dialer. This will be fixed in a later version.
2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.
3) Electron Beam - One of my favorite Gingerbread additions, Open Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Display and Check both Screen Animation boxes.
4) Split SMS - Open Messaging, Push Menu button, Select Settings, Check "SMS split" and "Split counter" to auto-split messages over 160 characters.
5) Battery Percentage - Go to Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks, you can check "Battery Percentage" to enable battery percentage in the status bar.

CURRENT OPTIMUS V SPECIFIC ISSUES
1) MMS Receiving is still not working. Sending should work, please test.

Zefie's Original for the Optimus S
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...cm7-gingerbread-current-02202011-nightly.html

Source
https://github.com/icemank121/
https://github.com/zefie/

Special Thanks
zefie - he has done all of the work for this on the Optimus S, I'm just building from his source with a few tweaks. Make sure you thank him for all he has done!
mik_os - seriously, without him we wouldn't have this
beezy
Nick7
cordell
Everyone who has tested this ROM
Everyone who has enjoys this ROM
Everyone who has tested Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus S
i just finished installing this on my vm optimus v ! your instructions really helped although there was something in the recovery menu that didnt let me run the debug format thingy.:-\ idk if that affects the phone in any way.hope not... but i went ahead and did everything else. it turned out okay. that being said this is my first and probably last time i do something like this.i rooted accidentaly.wel not quite, and accidentally factory reseted it. ACCIDENTLY! I spent hours trying to unfreeze the screen on clockworldmod that i amlost gave up. Its my first real phone and i thank u for such a neat set up.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
DON"T USE THIS ROM!!!!

Its old really really old, its unfinished work, use Asop, or inferior human organs come, those are current CM7 Roms. In this ROM the MMS dose not work, the proximity sensor is buggy and after a while the ROM will slow down and act buggy.

The Dev dose not support this ROM any more its dead. Install something else. People please stop raising the dead just when I think this rom is dead and gone it zombies back to make me hit my head on the keyboard in frustration

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ughhhh... this isnt working,, the format failed it said aborted, and i cant find nightly and my phone is effed up please help...im using v3.2.0.1

How did you even find this thread?

I mean on the first page is like three or four threads with more up to date roms....

First off delete anything you downloaded in the form of a rom from this thread or anything that says zefie's cm7. Now go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html in hte first post there is a link to the IHO wiki and rom list. Pick one of those and continue down and download the IHO recovery. Be sure to pick up gapps from the link you will want to get the one dated 20110613.

Now using the method you used to put a custom recovery on the phone put the IHO one on. reboot and flash the rom you donwloaded then gapps.

If your phone is newer then you will probably need to check out this thread.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

The newer Optimus V's have a different screen than the older ones and only one rom has the proper kernel built in. Everything you need to get your phone going will be linked in that thread also.

gbarne2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.

device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png

Test Build 03012011
Download Test Build 03012011
(b68335ab32d2f6e10b304c46af8b651e update-cm-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-virginmobile-Xionia-signed.zip)

Test Build 03012011 Changes
1) Synced to newest CM7 source, based on Android 2.3.3
2) Removed FM app for now

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
3) Wipe Data/Cache
4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
6) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous nightly:
1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
2) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
3) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
4) Flash gapps to re-add Market
5) Reboot
6) If you have any issues, you can try to wipe data/cache and reboot

ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
I have tested this using ClockworkMod Recovery posted with aospCMod at xda-developers. It works fine, just use the builtin format system instead of using the zip file.

ROM is odexed. No need to deodex, as there is now a built in realtime theme changer.

TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES:
1) Voicemail - Go to Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Settings and change "*86" to YOUR phone number. You can now hold 1 to check voicemail in the dialer. This will be fixed in a later version.
2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.
3) Electron Beam - One of my favorite Gingerbread additions, Open Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Display and Check both Screen Animation boxes.
4) Split SMS - Open Messaging, Push Menu button, Select Settings, Check "SMS split" and "Split counter" to auto-split messages over 160 characters.
5) Battery Percentage - Go to Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks, you can check "Battery Percentage" to enable battery percentage in the status bar.

CURRENT OPTIMUS V SPECIFIC ISSUES
1) MMS Receiving is still not working. Sending should work, please test.

Zefie's Original for the Optimus S
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...cm7-gingerbread-current-02202011-nightly.html

Source
https://github.com/icemank121/
https://github.com/zefie/

Special Thanks
zefie - he has done all of the work for this on the Optimus S, I'm just building from his source with a few tweaks. Make sure you thank him for all he has done!
mik_os - seriously, without him we wouldn't have this
beezy
Nick7
cordell
Everyone who has tested this ROM
Everyone who has enjoys this ROM
Everyone who has tested Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus S
I just tried all of this.... and its not working....

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just tried all of this.... and its not working....

Do you know how to read?
THIS ROM IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED IF YOU INSTALL IT YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE AND HAVE A 200 DOLLAR PAPER WEIGHT.

Do I have you attention now?

Seriously this rom is no longer in developement. Go look in the thread called Inferior Human Organs there is plenty of roms there that is developed weekly/daily and will not give issues.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BURN IT IN FIRE.
KEEPING IT SEARCHABLE ONLY CREATES ISSUES FOR YOUR COMMUNITY.
FOR THE LOVE OF ANDROID IF YOU AGREE PLEASE THANK AND LIKE THIS POST!!

SoZoe

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I do everything you say, I have ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6, And My phone gets stuck at LG Logo and doesnt do nothing. Could anyone help?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I do everything you say, I have ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6, And My phone gets stuck at LG Logo and doesnt do nothing. Could anyone help?

Do you know how to read?
THIS ROM IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED IF YOU INSTALL IT YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE AND HAVE A 200 DOLLAR PAPER WEIGHT.

Do I have you attention now?

Seriously this rom is no longer in developement. Go look in the thread called Inferior Human Organs there is plenty of roms there that is developed weekly/daily and will not give issues.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried sending a pm to the mod, reporting this rom as dead and nonfunctional. It seems like they are not interested in closing it. Looks like we are stuck with trying to answer problems from newbies still attempting to install dead and jacked up roms.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to swype.com on your phone and install the apk, then open/install to your phone via Astro (or whatever file app you have). Reboot...and Vualah!

Can you please explain why you thought it was necessary to reply to a 7 month old post on a thread about a dead ROM?

As Stated:

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you please explain why you thought it was necessary to reply to a 7 month old post on a thread about a dead ROM?

As Stated:

OMG Stop clubbing noobs Offer help or stop posting hate mail. Your just feeding trolls.

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

As Stated:

I didn't realize that it was a dead ROM until after I posted it & saw your post in that red font.... Sorry I don't go flipping thru 100+ pages via mobile phone & I didn't go back to delete it. but I was replying to the question about skype though...not the stupid rom!

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

As Stated:

And regardless ...about the ROM... I went to IHO, after seeing this was dead, to get the cm7 and my phone was stuck in the boot animation loop. Sooo I reverted back to stock root, no rom, just recovery flashed.

johnp012001

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
can anyone give me the download link to cyanogenmod for the this phone please?

So, I'm curious, how on God's green earth did you find this thread about a defunct ROM in which to ask a question that is answered in a sticky at the top of the thread, or multiple threads on the first page of this forum?

Now, go to the first page of this forum, find the "How to" sticky, and READ. READ, READ.

Did I mention, READ? There you will find the information you seek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta