ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizeninsane89

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
this is a great rom, but i only have one issue. When i try to listen to music from my headphones (and i've tried many, good headphones), the sound is extremely tinny and poor. There is definitely a difference compared to the stock rom and the 2.2 custom roms. This seems to be an issue with all of the gingerbread roms. Any ideas?

please fix this^^

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a great Rom, but I only have one issue. When I try to listen to music from my headphones (and I've tried many, good headphones), the sound is extremely tinny and poor. There is definitely a difference compared to the stock Rom and the 2.2 custom Roms. This seems to be an issue with all of the Gingerbread Roms. Any ideas?

I know zefie has put alot of work into the audio for CM7 so far, and I'm sure it will get better. Unfortunately these things do take time, but I'm sure it will stabilize over time. Gingerbread has only been on this device for a week, trial and error, and figuring out exactly what is causing issues like this does take time.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I know zefie has put alot of work into the audio for CM7 so far, and I'm sure it will get better. Unfortunately these things do take time, but I'm sure it will stabilize over time. Gingerbread has only been on this device for a week, trial and error, and figuring out exactly what is causing issues like this does take time.

True that. Either way, the Rom is excellent!

lowtolerance

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm running into a show-stopping problem with this related to WiFi. SSIDs are available in WiFi settings, and I can force it to attempt to connect. Authentication fails, and after a couple of tries, the SSID is considered "disabled". Reverting back to stock fixes this, which leads me to believe the problem is definitely ROM related.

Also, after doing a Titanium Backup restore and then rebooting, the phone process FCs non-stop. I'm not sure if this problem is related to the ROM or the fact that it's a different phone, though.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. If I can provide any more information to help you solve this problem, please let me know.

EDIT: Disregard this, please. I'm an ******* and a moron. I've been attempting the wrong password.

Last edited:

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
So far this has a lot more memory than aospCMod. I had about 60MB free after all my apps installed. Here I have about 90MB. And I'm in the process of moving most to SD! I hope battery is okay here. AospCMod was pretty hungry.

As a note, moving apps results in the "Failed to move app" error. But after a second attempt it goes through. It didn't have any adverse effects last this happened. Of course, the whole disappearing apps after reboot was because I flashed another rom without wiping..

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I did get it working by installing another recovery. I was on ClockWorkMod and saw this was tested on GNM Recovery. Once I switched installation was quick, unlike what I posted earlier.

Now with all my apps installed I have about 116MB free. Pure awesomeness!

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Where's Gmail??

Umm...just flashed this again a few minutes ago... Where's Gmail in the Market? It doesn't seem to be there at all, not even on market.google.com...

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't get any notification of USB debugging being connected. So I can't flash a new recovery. I was using GNM 1.1.0 for the S and wanna flash GNM 1.2.0 V.

Barfmog

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So what's anyone's take on battery life? So far all the 2.3 roms seem to use more juice than the Stock+Xionia rom on 2.2.

I'm amazed at how much battery this rom eats. Worth it though. Audio over bluetooth works great. Better than stock froyo, or any other phone I've had with any kernel/rom combo for that matter.

Flipping between homescreens is a little laggy for some reason. Same thing on default launcher, ADW, and Launcher Pro. Scrolling through menus also takes a little finesse. I hope it gets worked out soon, because I'm in love with this rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech