ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon175469

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
does this have the same issues as aosp's cmod? i.e. the same issues as anything tied to cm7's/2.3's source that's been ported to the S? headset issues, incoming mms, etc... i'm currently running aosp's and was debating flashing this, but if there's no major difference yet...

edit: by the way, many thanks to you (and other devs) that make even our "cheap" android phones so incredibly functional

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I found a bug.

With auto-orientation off the screen still orients itself accordingly via accelerometer when you go into the Info tab in SetCPU. It stays activated while SetCPU remains on the foreground or you exit SetCPU.

On a side note, my battery has started to charge a lot faster. Most people, including me, had problems where it would take hours just to charge a little percentage.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just info:
My linpack benchmark with all stock software was only 6.something MFLOPS
benchmark with stock ROM and Xionia kernel overclocked with setcpu to 806 MHz (max! higher speeds caused reboots) 7.something MFLOPS
benchmark with this ROM and kernel, no setcpu, 600MHZ: 7.334 MFLOPS
benchmark with this ROM and kernel, no setcpu, overclocked with cyanogenmod settings>performance>CPU settings to 825 MHz (seems stable so far):9.341 MFLOPS!
Woo!
edit: oops, 825 MHz stable for longer with this ROM but still rebooted eventually on me. Turned down to 806 MHz; linpack benchmark now 9.685. Funny, higher benchmark at lower CPU speed setting. Testing stability.

Last edited:
T

thorasaurus

Battery life will improve as we figure out issues I'm sure

Sent from my LG Optimus V

My battery life is actually much better on this cm7 rom than the aospcmod one but still not quite as good as 2.2. Worth it though.

Also, quadrant at 806mhz is 1030 which is only 170ish below my stock Droid X. That's nasty for this phone.

Also, just for my fellow optimus V'ers that like themes, this link has about 7 that will work with the cm7 "theme chooser". Just d/l them and install them; they are .apks and go directly into the "theme chooser" app.

[THREAD] T-Mobile Theme Chooser For CM7 / Percentage icons (UPDATED :02/22/11) - xda-developers

unmonstro

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering about this as well

Easy. Go to beta.swype.com and register. Follow instructions and you will be provided a link. Do this on your phone so you can download the installer. It works great. The only issue is if you reboot your phone, it reverts back and swype will not function correctly. To rectify this you go to settings > language and keyboard and you will see both keyboards are selected. Untick swype and then hit back. Go back again to settings > language and keyboard and untick android keyboard and tick swype, it will display a message, hit ok and thats it.

Reactions: Xmeatizmurderx

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I love this ROM too.

Great battery life (with SetCPU profiles established). Over 1100 Quadrant (825 MHz stable). Included Xionia kernel is more stable and smoother than one included in AOSP (though that ROM is pretty awesome too).

A couple of minor tweak suggestions:
1. Make available the Virgin Mobile apks as installable options (the self-activation one and the one that allows you to check minutes without using minutes would be nice).
2. Have the associated Clockwork Mod (Xionia .4 version) be recognizable by ROM Manager as flashed. Or, provide a ROM-Manager-recognizable recovery image (I wish that Clockwork Mod 3.0.0.6 from AOSP ROM was recognizable, as I could just use that).

Thanks for the hard work.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Try not checking "Set on Boot" in Cyanogen settings and do it instead in SetCPU app. Then restart the phone. Fyi, I noticed that when you change the frequency in SetCPU it changes also in Cyanogen settings. So I guess whichever was updated last will take effect.

wildflow

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm also still having problems with the battery being drained by cell standby on this rom.

I was using the AOSP CM7 rom previously and after checking the battery stats, I noticed that the cell standby was not much of an issue. But strangely enough the stats showed with that rom that the display was destroying my battery.

Display on this version of CM7 was quite small.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm also still having problems with the battery being drained by cell standby on this rom.

I was using the AOSP CM7 rom previously and after checking the battery stats, I noticed that the cell standby was not much of an issue. But strangely enough the stats showed with that rom that the display was destroying my battery.

Display on this version of CM7 was quite small.

Have you reset battery stats in recovery (advanced menu)?

anon175469

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
They had a similar issue with the blackberry when it came out, something to do with their network and should be fixed "soon"

stock mms *should* be working - works fine on me, wife's, and a few others i've talked to

incoming mms on the cm7/2.3 ports doesn't work, and it supposedly has something to do with how Virgin handles the mms.apk

Status
Not open for further replies.