ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
this rom doen't flash for me with clockwork 3.0.0.5 because of thunderc script exception
3.0.0.6 bricks my phone
here is cat /proc/cpuinfo
what can I do to flash custom rom?

Do you have an Optimus V? from that cpuinfo it looks like you have an Optimus One or other GSM version.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Do you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. Has anybody get the same issue?
Wifi Tethering is still a no go as of yet..
Or at least I have not been able to get it to work with 3rd party apps nor the build in options..
Havent tryed USB tethering but Im sure that works as that has never been an issue before..
Does this build fix the crappy music headset issue? Thanks
I have not had issues like I had before with any headset pushbuttons as of yet

For those who want to map a function to the defunct voice dialer button on the side can use this: [GUIDE] How to Remap Hardkey Actions || Custom App Launching - xda-developers

Just substitute the hero file with "thunder_keypad.kl". I got mine working as a call button.

(Please note I am not the author of that thread. All credit goes to their respective owners.)
Thanks man..
it works great with this ROM..

Last edited:

bubu12345

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great work on this rom.

I found another issue with this rom. The gps takes a lot longer to detect a position google map in comparison to stock or the aospCmod rom (almost instantly).

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great work on this rom.

I found another issue with this rom. The gps takes a lot longer to detect a position google map in comparison to stock or the aospCmod rom (almost instantly).

Haven't tried this rom, but with aosp rom gps turned off on its own, and some times it wouldnt even detect where I was at.

wildflow

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Wifi Tethering is still a no go as of yet..
Or at least I have not been able to get it to work with 3rd party apps nor the build in options..
Havent tryed USB tethering but Im sure that works as that has never been an issue before..

Wifi tethering is working for me using barnacle wifi tethering.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
Wifi tethering is working for me using barnacle wifi tethering.
Havent used that app with this ROM yet.. ill have to test it later..

WiFi in general works fine on my end and so does GPS!..

NEW ISSUE (could be my doing):
When tapping the power button the screen will not go to lock mode and turn off like it used too..
Worked fine about 5hrs ago..
Holding the button will still allow me to shutphone down as well as Reboot and what not.. Plus the button will turn the screen on however I just can not for the life of me get the screen to turn off with the power button..

Could be some setting however I have looked over all of the settings and see nothing towards the power button other then to end calls..
I have even adb shelled to the phone and grabed the THUNDER_KEYPAD.kl and all the settings look normal..
Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
cancel my issue..
I forgot I changed the "END BUTTON BEHAVIOR" within "SPARE PARTS" to "DO NOTHING"..
Issue is fixed..
Man I feel like a dumb azz~

Last edited:

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
CONFIRMED
Tethering is working fine with 3rd party apps.

Only big issue I have is trying to still exstract Swype from the stock NAND and find a way to inject it to this ROM.
Be nice if it where already pre-injected for us N00Bz-

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
CONFIRMED
Tethering is working fine with 3rd party apps.

Only big issue I have is trying to still exstract Swype from the stock NAND and find a way to inject it to this ROM.
Be nice if it where already pre-injected for us N00Bz-

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

It's far easier to just go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta.
Register for the beta, get it installed, then you can back it up much easier with Titanium or another APK backup system.

If you insist on the hard way...
You need to copy over these two files:
/system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
/system/app/Swype.apk

Keep in mind, you can't just copy these to the new system as it is read only. You need to change permissions first, copy over, then change them back.

rentonj7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to pull out the alarm ringtones from a nand backup of the stock rom? There were a few in the stock, but not in zefie's, that I miss.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how to do it. I just backed up my current rom, restored the nand backup, went into the directories to pull whatever files, then restored back.

If you have a better, quicker way I'm all ears.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to pull out the alarm ringtones from a nand backup of the stock rom? There were a few in the stock, but not in zefie's, that I miss.

Copy the nandroid backup from your SD card to a folder in your computer. Use unyaffs(attached to this post) to extract the system.img from the nandroid. Go into system/media/audio/notifications,ringtones(whichever ones you want) into the folders that just extracted. Copy whatever ringtones from there back into your phone into the same place. You will need to mount it Read/Write access with adb, or you can just use root explorer to do that step. When all the files are copied, reboot your phone and all your ringtones you wanted will selectable.

Reactions: rentonj7

rentonj7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Copy the nandroid backup from your SD card to a folder in your computer. Use unyaffs(attached to this post) to extract the system.img from the nandroid. Go into system/media/audio/notifications,ringtones(whichever ones you want) into the folders that just extracted. Copy whatever ringtones from there back into your phone into the same place. You will need to mount it Read/Write access with adb, or you can just use root explorer to do that step. When all the files are copied, reboot your phone and all your ringtones you wanted will selectable.

Worked like a charm! Thanks Liquidplacidity.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
It's far easier to just go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta.
Register for the beta, get it installed, then you can back it up much easier with Titanium or another APK backup system.

If you insist on the hard way...
You need to copy over these two files:
/system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
/system/app/Swype.apk

Keep in mind, you can't just copy these to the new system as it is read only. You need to change permissions first, copy over, then change them back.
Just the info I was searching for..
Thank you for the help..
Ill try this later tonight
I went back to stock however, because I really need my MMS.
Ya thats one big issue that all 2.3 FW's seems to have with custom ROMz..
You can still send MMS's however retrieving them will result in a 999-xx~ number with jumbaled text for the media..
SMS's still work fine though witch is a good thing..
Other then that and BlueTooth having issue's I be-leave the custom CM7 is a damn good ROM in deed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay