ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You're wrong bro. I really think you need to browse your phone more. Like go into EVERY menu.

That's strange... I don't have those check boxes, not in the stock rom nor in this rom. Just to confirm how you get to this, it is: Settings->Accounts & Sync->XXXX@gmail.com

And then at the top it says: Data & synchronization.

I have no check boxes. It says under each item, "Touch to sync now".

Update: OK, I figured it out. Those check boxes only show up after you enable auto sync. So the first time you enable syncing, you have to enable the option, and then rush to that menu to uncheck the items you don't want synced. That seems like an awful way of doing it. Thank you for showing me it though.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If Ice is around and not at Daytona Beacg partying it up, is there a guestimate on when you will be updating to the newest zefie build?

unkuser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does this version have the issue where the screen is off after picking up a call? (Proximity sensor) and can the rom pick up Mylocation from Wifi or Cell tower?

I had these issues with the aospCMOD rom. So I went back to stock rom.

One thing I have notice with the stock rom is how fast it can pick up and connect to a WIFI network, while aospCMOD takes about two times as long.

aznrunner1881

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Does this version have the issue where the screen is off after picking up a call? (Proximity sensor) and can the rom pick up Mylocation from Wifi or Cell tower?

2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.

Here's your answer :D

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That's strange... I don't have those check boxes, not in the stock rom nor in this rom. Just to confirm how you get to this, it is: Settings->Accounts & Sync->XXXX@gmail.com

And then at the top it says: Data & synchronization.

I have no check boxes. It says under each item, "Touch to sync now".

Update: OK, I figured it out. Those check boxes only show up after you enable auto sync. So the first time you enable syncing, you have to enable the option, and then rush to that menu to uncheck the items you don't want synced. That seems like an awful way of doing it. Thank you for showing me it though.

No problem man. I've had an Android device for like 5 years now. I think lol. Ever since the G1. I know it like the back of my hand.

I also run a site for prepaid Androids if you want to check it out. prepaidandroids.net

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I had these issues with the aospCMOD rom. So I went back to stock rom.

One thing I have notice with the stock rom is how fast it can pick up and connect to a WIFI network, while aospCMOD takes about two times as long.
I can't get the proximity sensor to work with calls at all. It's not the sensor either. I've used an app to test it and it works fine.

I know the fix is supposed to be to enable "Always use proximity" but it too does nothing for the problem. The screen turns black so it does work as it should (originally) but I can never get the screen back on aside from pulling the battery.

The only thing I could do was find an app to keep the screen on, which was actually kind of hard to do IMO. Fortunately I found Call Light which seems to solve the problem - but you're stuck worrying about face mashing keys now.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just realized my voicemail isn't working? In the settings, it says Spring and when I try to check voicemail by holding on the 1 on the dial pad, it calls customer service? Hrmm..

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just realized my voicemail isn't working? In the settings, it says Spring and when I try to check voicemail by holding on the 1 on the dial pad, it calls customer service? Hrmm..

Read the directions under "TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES"

unkuser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the proximity sensor to work with calls at all. It's not the sensor either. I've used an app to test it and it works fine.
I know the fix is supposed to be to enable "Always use proximity" but it too does nothing for the problem. The screen turns black so it does work as it should (originally) but I can never get the screen back on aside from pulling the battery.

Yeah. That's what I meant in my original post. Already tried the proximity check under call settings. But it does not work for me.

Does AGPS work for you using Wifi or Cellular Network? It does not work on mine. :'(

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. That's what I meant in my original post. Already tried the proximity check under call settings. But it does not work for me.

Does AGPS work for you using Wifi or Cellular Network? It does not work on mine. :'(
I'm pretty sure AGPS is working because I can pick up the satellites in a few seconds.

Like I mentioned before, give Call Light a try. Otherwise it looks like we'll just have to wait until it's either fixed in the ROM or someone writes an app that just overrides the built in proximity sensor function when on the phone and has it run some correctly operating code.

Seems kind of weird that people experience different problems even though our Optimus Vs are all basically identical. Maybe it's got something to do with what was on the phone before being flashed.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
I'm pretty sure that almost all phones need to be on in order to charge. I can't think of a phone that I've had that hasn't turned on when charging.

Also, whats the current status of WiFi tethering with something like quick settings?
The posters above are stating that the battery lava charge is not showing as it did when stock while charging.

I've noticed as well. Just didn't waste my time posting it as the newest CM7 ROM for the S has this fixed and I'm just waiting for the port to be updated here for the updated version.

TETHERING: with this rom it's still broken. So using Quick Settings app will not work.
3rd party tethering app's do work however

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that almost all phones need to be on in order to charge. I can't think of a phone that I've had that hasn't turned on when charging.

Also, whats the current status of WiFi tethering with something like quick settings?

My Droid X would stay off to charge.
Most phones are designed to be off while charging just so you can charge them faster. I think there is something built into CM that auto boots the phone when plugged in.

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The posters above are stating that the battery lava charge is not showing as it did when stock while charging.

I've noticed as well. Just didn't waste my time posting it as the newest CM7 ROM for the S has this fixed and I'm just waiting for the port to be updated here for the updated version.
Yeah, it does a full boot whenever plugged in.

Can we use the Optimus S CM7 on our Vs or does it have to be optimized first?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does a full boot whenever plugged in.

Can we use the Optimus S CM7 on our Vs or does it have to be optimized first?

Im using the scott pilgrim awesomeness currently.

The only thing I noticed is it swaps home and menu and incorrectly labels my phone as a sprint model.

Otherwise its exactly the same as this one.

The mms issue is still borked for me atleast and I havent had a chance to test BT yet. Imma try and reflash it after a complete wipe and see how it performs later.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this pretty much since released. Love it. Don't do the wireless tethering right now and only use outgoing MMS (like to have 'em but they're not show-stoppers,) so this ROM's working well for me. A little heavy on the battery while the radio is on, but in airplane mode I had zero % drain while sleeping overnight.
I've noticed reboots on my V when overclocked past 806 MHz, so set it to 806 and had no real trouble for over a week until I started taxing the CPU with some heavy work in the terminal; then started getting lockups and reboots at 806 MHz as well, so I'm currently testing stability at 787 MHz while fiercely beating up the processor.
Very nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.